10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,792 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep I'd say they were lukewarm/mixed, before things turned to shit. We're pretty far from that here.

Even though it doesn't cost anything to stay reasonably cautious, I think I'm really going to enjoy this movie.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 23, 2022, 05:02:45 PMJust watch it on Hulu mate, we are not likely to get another one anytime soon, make a special event of it!
NEVER!  ;D
Gotta stand my ground to make it clear I want the movies/culture saved for the future and not a live service type where we have it now but its gone in 30 years time or: this version of the movie dont exist anymore and you cant ever see it again. *cough* star wars, not f**king episode IV. *cough*

And have 0 interest in paying another streaming service in which I have zero interest in, all they have is prey when its released there.
I might watch it at a friends place if anyone of them bother to have hulu, most have netflix or disney+ and thats it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's on Disney+ in civilized countries.

Also pirates will absolutely preserve it, but if Disney's got no intention of releasing it physically, you not watching it on Hulu or Disney+ and encouraging others not to will not encourage them to release it physically, in fact perhaps the opposite honestly.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I will protest wanting more movies by not supporting movies! Genius!

judge death

judge death

Lol, what is wrong with I want to buy the movies on physical media?

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

hopefully if the movie is good
and they release a 4k blu ray i can get it there.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on Jul 23, 2022, 06:31:33 PMLol, what is wrong with I want to buy the movies on physical media?

Nothing. But your suggested solution/protest is needlessly convoluted at best, and actively harms your own cause at worst.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: PredatorvsAliens on Jul 23, 2022, 10:44:36 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 23, 2022, 10:28:35 PMNice reactions! I'm so ready for a good film again. I'm pretty excited for this one, way more than The Predator. It still breaks my heart I can't watch this in a theater or own it physically.  :'(

I straight up skipped The Predator when it hit theaters. It was actually worse than even I feared when I finally did watched it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=30664

(A Blu-ray release is expected to be announced later this year)

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

Apparently there´s something on the end credits.

https://sffgazette.com/sci-fi/movies/prey-director-reveals-whether-the-film-has-post-credits-scene-and-a1866#gs.6nxfl7

By the way. I love Predator 2, specially the end scene.

There were two versions of the mask according to Dan.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=PREY+Cast%2C+Crew+Tease+Violent+Predator+Origin+Film+(SDCC+Interview)

NightstormScarab

NightstormScarab

I've seen a full spoiler summary you can find it online. Granted there's a big difference between reading and actually seeing but I can't imagine this outshines Predator 2.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 23, 2022, 10:50:10 PM
Quote from: judge death on Jul 23, 2022, 06:31:33 PMLol, what is wrong with I want to buy the movies on physical media?

Nothing. But your suggested solution/protest is needlessly convoluted at best, and actively harms your own cause at worst.
Curious: So how do I make it clear to disney that all movies released online must be released on DVD/Bluray? I dont see how by paying and supporting the online business model will help to get them to release the movie on bluray/DVD? When Disney said in all news they are moving away from it and aims to only have it on their stream services:
https://www.cbr.com/disney-no-current-plans-release-marvel-shows-dvd-blu-ray/
2 years old on mandalorian, still no bluray or DVD and its a tv series that has sold crazily well:

Or has disney a history of: OK this movie has a lot of streamings, lets release it on bluray and DVD? I havent seen that but Im gladly proven wrong :D

In the past and in gaming industry as well, the best tactic has been to vote with the wallet. In my view by paying for hulu or disney+ Im supporting the online only business model, they got my money and a new subscriber to it: their plan is then succesfull, making any reason to sell the movie on physical media less likely in the future, why should they when that harms their disney+ plan?

Highland

Highland

As a home theatre enthusiast, while having the disc ( for the sound in particular) is sometimes better, Disney are releasing Marvel movies in IMAX inhanced with Dolby vision, which is quite honestly a better product than a disc.

Now they likely won't do that with prey , but streaming has come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 years.

I know I'd personally pay money for higher quality streaming versions ( 4K/imax enhanced) if that ever became a thing.

SiL

SiL

I like actually owning things.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Jul 24, 2022, 04:10:21 AMI like actually owning things.

Me too, I pretty much always buy the disc as I like knowing the quality is maxed out.

....but, imax enhanced is literally a better product. It's weird they don't release these on discs, but perhaps that's to keep the streamers.

SiL

SiL

I'm not commenting at all on the quality, but rather actually having things and not perpetually renting them from a company.

Give me VHS if that's the only format I can own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed