We Were At The Prey Premiere! Here’s Our Early (Spoiler Free) Thoughts!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2022, 02:14:25 PM

Author
We Were At The Prey Premiere! Here’s Our Early (Spoiler Free) Thoughts! (Read 16,363 times)

TheBATMAN

Great video guys. Can you talk a little about what the pred vision and sounds are like? Are the sounds like that of P1 and P2?

BigDaddyJohn

Yep I forgot to ask that !

Samhain13

Can you guys PM me the spoilers on how the ending goes ? Final fight ? Detail on how Predator dies and if ?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 23, 2022, 05:54:31 PMI'm I going to witness a predator film that will bring back the wonder and mystery of the first two?

Bring back a sense of wonder and mystery... I recall Shane Black using almost the exact same words during The Predator's promotion, illustrating his intent for that movie...

Shit it hurts seeing how much they drifted away from that noble intent.

Wweyland

Hard to believe we are here with this movie and not even 4 years have passed since The Predator, which many said would be the "final nail in the coffin".

azamultic

Same here) The ending with the Lost Tribe is the best ending for Predator movie for me personaly ;D .
Hope they will bring this type of tradition  back to this franchise)

Firestorm

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 23, 2022, 08:55:57 PMHard to believe we are here with this movie and not even 4 years have passed since The Predator, which many said would be the "final nail in the coffin".

It can happen though, everyone thought the Batman franchise was proper f*cked after the 97 Batman and Robin film and there was no hope for it, then look what happened when Nolan got involved.

Hopefully this is finally the same scenario transpiring for our franchise now  ;D

Wweyland

Also, this will hopefully bring some much-needed respect for Predator 2, which really kicked off the franchise in many ways.

Clubroot

The Shuriken

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 23, 2022, 08:55:57 PMHard to believe we are here with this movie and not even 4 years have passed since The Predator, which many said would be the "final nail in the coffin".

We need at least 3 good Predator movies to recover from The Predator. Prey is only the start.

426Buddy

Nice reactions! I'm so ready for a good film again. I'm pretty excited for this one, way more than The Predator. It still breaks my heart I can't watch this in a theater or own it physically.  :'(

I straight up skipped The Predator when it hit theaters. It was actually worse than even I feared when I finally did watched it.

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 23, 2022, 10:28:35 PMNice reactions! I'm so ready for a good film again. I'm pretty excited for this one, way more than The Predator. It still breaks my heart I can't watch this in a theater or own it physically.  :'(

I straight up skipped The Predator when it hit theaters. It was actually worse than even I feared when I finally did watched it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=30664

(A Blu-ray release is expected to be announced later this year)

426Buddy

Well that's a major relief, hopefully a 4K release too.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 23, 2022, 05:42:53 PMWhat I wanna know is how much Studios paid for the kind words?

I feel that I ought to clarify that it was never my intent to suggest that you were paid to promote the movie.  Rather I was trying to make a level headed rationalisation in regards to the manner in which you viewed the movie.  Would you agree that being invited to an exclusive premiere for a new movie which is a part of one of your favourite franchises might just possibly result in you getting swept up in the excitement of it all and lose some objectivity to your judgement in the process?

Now of course, it's possible that when you've had the opportunity to rewatch the movie, your opinion may hold true but the possibility for bias exists, given the extraordinary circumstances under which you viewed the movie, introduced by the director no less and with the stars in attendance, surely you must agree?  At any rate, I certainly wasn't suggesting that you were in any way being disingenuous in your opinion.  Your integrity was never in question and I apologise unequivocally for any perceived slander.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed