Space Jockey Theories

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:12:10 AM

Author
Space Jockey Theories (Read 129,924 times)

megachu17

megachu17

haaaaaa!!!!! som1 has quite a bit of time on there hands

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 08, 2007, 04:31:50 PM
alright im working on this project i think from my research that the aliens and the space jockeys both are from the yautja planet because in alien pt.1 on LV it showed a ship on the planet that crashed and it looked like a predator transport ship

It doesn't look a thing like what was seen in any of the 'Predator' films.

Quoteand also on AvP it showed the preds making aliens with humans as a sacrifice so that they can hunt and earn honor and trophies

That's 'harvesting', in the same way as we 'harvest' various animals, even though they existed in the wild before we encountered them.

Quotejust look at the technology of the ships interrior its pred design

Wha...?! If you're talking about the thing we saw in 'Alien', it looked nothing like what was seen in 'Predator 2' or 'Alien Versus Predator'. In fact, the interiors differed massively between those two films, which led me to wonder if the Predators don't so much make their own transportation, as charter it out from another species, out there.

At least it did show numerous examples of the style of ship from 'Predator' docked on the underside of that hull.

Quoteand also in predator2 at the end of the movie it showed a trophy room with an adult alien skull in there and a predalien skull i think.

There was no Predalien skull. Even if there were, it would just mean they encountered them, not invented them.

Quoteok so explain the ship the tech the egg room with the blue laser explain how they knew how to contain the eggs and what happend on the ship and how did it get there and why was they transporting alien eggs and where were they moving them to?

We'll probably never know. Whatever might one day be seen in a film is unlikely to ever come close to what that mysterious scene provoked us to imagine. The only person who could even attempt the visuals needed for Space Jockey stuff is Giger, but they're unlikely to ever work for Fox again.

We also don't know for definite whether it was an actual ship. Most people assume it to be, but it could have been a facility.

Quotei mean just look at earth theres how many species on this planet and they all co-exhist so why cant it be like that on the pred planet think about it the planet has jungles heat oxygen water food so it should have more than 1 life if not so then what do they eat what do they drink or hunt other than bad bloods

Terms such as 'Yautja' and 'bad bloods' are inventions of the books. Most of us deal strictly with 'canon', which means only material seen in the films. :)

There's nothing to say the Alien and Predator could not have evolved on the same world, but that would be far too coincidental for me. I prefer that they came from very different places.

Quoteits not for fun its for honor and trophys for a right of passage and weapon upgrades and rank
and as for the jockeys genocide on who or what?

The films tended to have their motivations for hunting be for sadistic fun. The books and comics tried to change them into heroic and noble beings, but that was never the original intent of the concept.

Rituals for a rite of passage could very well happen, but the incentive for hunting, in general, is probably just fun. It's a galactic safari.

Quoteall right you win damn how do you know so much i thought i was the only one who actually paid attention like that you won but i did bring up good questions though are you one of us one of the serious pred fans?

You can be a legitimate fan of both the 'Alien' and 'Predator' series, but you'll be more professional when you realise only information presented in the films make any difference. :)

Master

Master

I started to read this topic and I had very big hope that I will be the one who explain them whole situation. But you were first Xenomorphine ;D

Predators are very different then humans but Space Jockeys are the most alien and strange thing that I can think of ( only The Thing is so much alien). They created or found aliens in some remote place and probably xenomorphs annihilated them, in the whole AvP universe the bigest mystery are Space Jockeys and Predators are not related to them. They are not even close.

Yung legend

Yung legend

Quote from: Master on Oct 09, 2007, 11:53:17 AM
I started to read this topic and I had very big hope that I will be the one who explain them whole situation. But you were first Xenomorphine ;D

Predators are very different then humans but Space Jockeys are the most alien and strange thing that I can think of ( only The Thing is so much alien). They created or found aliens in some remote place and probably xenomorphs annihilated them, in the whole AvP universe the bigest mystery are Space Jockeys and Predators are not related to them. They are not even close.
that seems like that would be cool if they was from the same planet but almost everyones told me thats not possible and i will try to prove my theory cause if they put that on a future movie im going to be pissed off at everybody for doubting me

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 11:58:43 AM
that seems like that would be cool if they was from the same planet but almost everyones told me thats not possible and i will try to prove my theory cause if they put that on a future movie im going to be pissed off at everybody for doubting me
Why set yourself up for being a pariah?

Yung legend

Yung legend

Quote from: maledoro on Oct 09, 2007, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 11:58:43 AM
What do you mean?

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 11:58:43 AMthat seems like that would be cool if they was from the same planet but almost everyones told me thats not possible and i will try to prove my theory cause if they put that on a future movie im going to be pissed off at everybody for doubting me

You are more than welcome to try, and I welcome your efforts.  But there are a few obstacles you'll have to deal with - the vast differences in scientific knowledge as well as age, for one.  The jockey that Dallas, Kane, and Lambert found was ancient.  ...To the point of petrification.  This would mean that the Jockeys had an advanced scientific knowledge that dwarfs our own, as well as most likely the Predators'.  The Predators may have been just crawling out of their own primordial ooze at the time the Jockies were mastering space flight.  And I think chances are pretty good they were extinct by the time the Predators mastered space flight themselves.

There's also the size differential.  The Jockies were enormous (based on what Dallas and crew found), and various physical cues would seem to indicate that there is no direct physical link between the two species.

Also, and this is a personal belief - I think the Jockies were the ones responsible for creating the Aliens.  I think they bio-engineered them for their own purposes. Something that really makes me think they mastered bio-mechanical engineering is the fact that the pilot seemed to be one with the ship, and that both the Jockey and the surrounding ship seemed to share a similar physical aesthetic... as if they were both organic and mechanical at the same time.  This is something the Predators have never displayed.  I honestly don't think the Predators have the ability to successfully bio-engineer a species of creature.  I think they found the Aliens, and now use them for their own sporting entertainment.

Yung legend

Yung legend

Yung legend

Yung legend

Quote from: anchorpoint on Oct 09, 2007, 02:24:26 PM
Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 11:58:43 AMthat seems like that would be cool if they was from the same planet but almost everyones told me thats not possible and i will try to prove my theory cause if they put that on a future movie im going to be pissed off at everybody for doubting me

You are more than welcome to try, and I welcome your efforts.  But there are a few obstacles you'll have to deal with - the vast differences in scientific knowledge as well as age, for one.  The jockey that Dallas, Kane, and Lambert found was ancient.  ...To the point of petrification.  This would mean that the Jockeys had an advanced scientific knowledge that dwarfs our own, as well as most likely the Predators'.  The Predators may
have been just crawling out of their own primordial ooze at the time the Jockies were mastering space flight.
  And I think chances are pretty good they were extinct by the time the Predators mastered space flight
themselves.

yes but the predators can live up to a 1000 years each 1 of them

There's also the size differential.  The Jockies were enormous (based on what Dallas and crew found), and various physical cues would seem to indicate that there is no direct physical link between the two species.

Also, and this is a personal belief - I think the Jockies were the ones responsible for creating the Aliens.  I think they bio-engineered them for their own purposes. Something that really makes me think they mastered bio-mechanical engineering is the fact that the pilot seemed to be one with the ship, and that both the Jockey and the surrounding ship seemed to share a similar physical aesthetic... as if they were both organic and mechanical at the same time.  This is something the Predators have never displayed.  I honestly don't think the Predators have the ability to successfully bio-engineer a species of creature.  I think they found the Aliens, and now use them for their own sporting entertainment.

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 02:28:59 PM

Really?  Everything I've seen states 300-350 years.  And even if they did live longer there is no clear evidence that they are of the same planet - let alone the same species.

You'll need to come up with a very compelling and well thought out argument to make this stick.  Take some time, think about it logically, look at all of the pros, as well as cons to why your theory can work and then go from there.  Right now I think you are responding on an increasingly emotionally driven basis.  Just take some time and work up something that can work (or not) - and try to keep it objective.  If you want feed back let us take a look at what you have, but the key is to keep an open mind to what others have to say.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 02:07:21 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Oct 09, 2007, 01:44:15 PM
What do you mean?
I'm all for being an individual and going against the grain, but why do you want to support a viewpoint that is not only unpopular but is unsubstantiated as well?

Yung legend

Yung legend

Quote from: anchorpoint on Oct 09, 2007, 02:55:15 PM

Really?  Everything I've seen states 300-350 years.  And even if they did live longer there is no clear evidence that they are of the same planet - let alone the same species.

You'll need to come up with a very compelling and well thought out argument to make this stick.  Take some time, think about it logically, look at all of the pros, as well as cons to why your theory can work and then go from there.  Right now I think you are responding on an increasingly emotionally driven basis.  Just take some time and work up something that can work (or not) - and try to keep it objective.  If you want feed back let us take a look at what you have, but the key is to keep an open mind to what others have to say.
now this is why iv came up with my opinon.

Theories
It's speculated that the Space Jockeys created the xenomorphs as a weapon. There are many things to support this. The Alien Eggs in the cargo hold were held in stasis in a blue layer of light. It appears as if the Space Jockeys were transporting the eggs somewhere. The Space Jockeys and the derelict ship also look similar to xenomorphs which would support the theory that the xenomorphs had been created by them. The director of "Alien", Ridley Scott also spoke about this in the DVD commentary. He believes that the xenomorphs were created as a weapon and that the derelict spacecraft was in fact a transport vessel.

Another theory, is that the Space Jockey in the derelict spacecraft had escaped from its homeworld which had been overrun with xenomorphs and the creature itself had been infected with a xenomorph. In which case, the derelict crash-landed on the planet. This doesn't explain however how the alien eggs were in the cargo hold.

In the film "Alien vs Predator", it's shown that the Predators breed xenomorphs for hunting purposes. It's not known if there is any connection between the Predators and the Space Jockeys or even if they had contact with eachother. One theory is that the Predators could have been responsible for the derelict crashing on LV-426.

Yung legend

Yung legend

Quote from: Cetanu on Oct 09, 2007, 03:41:34 PM
Quote from: anchorpoint on Oct 09, 2007, 02:55:15 PM

now this is why iv came up with my opinon.

Theories
It's speculated that the Space Jockeys created the xenomorphs as a weapon. There are many things to support this. The Alien Eggs in the cargo hold were held in stasis in a blue layer of light. It appears as if the Space Jockeys were transporting the eggs somewhere. The Space Jockeys and the derelict ship also look similar to xenomorphs which would support the theory that the xenomorphs had been created by them. The director of "Alien", Ridley Scott also spoke about this in the DVD commentary. He believes that the xenomorphs were created as a weapon and that the derelict spacecraft was in fact a transport vessel.

Another theory, is that the Space Jockey in the derelict spacecraft had escaped from its homeworld which had been overrun with xenomorphs and the creature itself had been infected with a xenomorph. In which case, the derelict crash-landed on the planet. This doesn't explain however how the alien eggs were in the cargo hold.

In the film "Alien vs Predator", it's shown that the Predators breed xenomorphs for hunting purposes. It's not known if there is any connection between the Predators and the Space Jockeys or even if they had contact with eachother. One theory is that the Predators could have been responsible for the derelict crashing on LV-426.

ok heres another opinon the preds could have been allied with the space jockeys for the creation of the aliens

maledoro

maledoro

It's speculated that the Space Jockeys created the xenomorphs as a weapon. There are many things to support this. The Alien Eggs in the cargo hold were held in stasis in a blue layer of light. It appears as if the Space Jockeys were transporting the eggs somewhere.
It doesn't mean that the Jockeys had transported the eggs to that world. If anything, Dan O'Bannon had said that the eggs were loaded there by the Jockeys. The novelization of Alien says the same thing. Sure, Ridley Scott had mused that the derelict was transporting the eggs, but he didn't say that the eggs were brought to that planet via the ship.

The Space Jockeys and the derelict ship also look similar to xenomorphs which would support the theory that the xenomorphs had been created by them. The director of "Alien", Ridley Scott also spoke about this in the DVD commentary. He believes that the xenomorphs were created as a weapon and that the derelict spacecraft was in fact a transport vessel.
He doesn't say that the aliens were created as a weapon; he said that they were being used as a weapon. Also, he said in the commentary to the Quadrilogy DVD (and, earlier, in Fantastic Films) that the aliens take on traits of their hosts. Some of the eggs may have been the rest of the crew, hence their appearance.

Then it's not a very good theory, now is it?

Theories are wonderful things, but they don't mean anything if there is nothing to support them other than a whim.

joballs45

joballs45

can somone please tell me i have no clue what it is when they are talking about it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed