Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,124 times)

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 14, 2007, 02:47:01 AM
Well, obviously, they didn't use the rod puppet in "Aliens." The real thing is always better.

They have real Aliens!!!?? :o

JK I know what you mean.  ;)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The New Blood on Nov 14, 2007, 03:08:54 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 14, 2007, 03:03:39 AM
Yeah I love the AvP2 promo shot going round of the Predator and Alien fighting with the dorsal tubes all floppy...

That shot is horrible. I hate the way ADI makes the dorsal tubes. In Alien/Aliens the tubes looked really great.

That pic is my desktop background though. I'm too lazy to change it and surely don't want to use the predalien. lol.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 04:17:04 AM
That pic is my desktop background though.

NO! Somewhere in the world a cute little kitten just died... :-\

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 14, 2007, 04:18:45 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 04:17:04 AM
That pic is my desktop background though.

NO! Somewhere in the world a cute little kitten just died... :-\

Like I said, I'm too lazy to change it. I put that one up, when that one was the only available pic for avp-r and my hopes for the film were, you might say a little better. lol.

Gates

Gates

It's funny because up until that picture came out I held some resemblance of hope...then it went down hill, real fu<king fast, from there on...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 14, 2007, 04:24:28 AM
It's funny because up until that picture came out I held some resemblance of hope...then it went down hill, real fu<king fast, from there on...

The more pics of the predalien released and very shortly after the news of the vomiting reproduction method, revealed that this film would not be as good as I previously thought it would. Then you have the store showdown clip in which the alien doesn't resist the predator while getting its head ripped off and the acting of that dale character just seemed weak too me. The more info released, and the more pics, the more I graviate from optimism to realism and even pessimism at times concerning this film.

Like I said here before, anyone expecting anything as good as Alien, or Aliens is out of luck. Expect something more along the lines of Alien:Resurrection mixed with Predator 2 with some issues with breaking official canon of the alien films.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 04:29:34 AM
Expect something more along the lines of Alien:Resurrection mixed with Predator 2 with some issues with breaking official canon of the alien films.

I'm not even a big fan of those two movies, and I still won't put my expectations that high...personally, I'm expecting it to be just a few steps up from AvP; no more, no less...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 14, 2007, 04:40:17 AM
Expect something more along the lines of Alien:Resurrection mixed with Predator 2 with some issues with breaking official canon of the alien films.

I'm not even a big fan of those two movies, and I still won't put my expectations that high...personally, I'm expecting it to be just a few steps up from AvP; no more, no less...

I said more along the lines, never implying that there aren't a shitload of other minor issues stacked up like a f**king mountain in addition to the new reproductive method f**k-up, which I think is one of the worst downfalls of the film. The predalien design would be second and third the regular alien mouth design, then maybe the teenage actors and their lame drama.
So Its not like its going to be as good as predator 2 or alien resurrection, but the blending of a lot of those elements seems like the closest comparison, as opposed to simply saying a more gory, slightly better version of avp. The similarities are:

Predator 2+ avp-r:

-one predator for most of the film, though there are others at one part.
-urban environment
-Not as good as predator 1

Alien: resurrection+ avp-r:

-design of the alien warriors not as good as the first two films.
-Have lame "hybrids"introduced just for the sake of seeing something new.
-cheesy dialogue(im guessing there will be some in avp-r, especially with the bullying of ricky by dale)
-not as good as Alien or Aliens.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I just thought of something.

Im actually glad the ADI aliens design looks so bad.

Would you really want to see a design as badass and beautiful as the original be tossed around like a pussy by the predator as the Strause seem to want?

At least when i see this i can tell myself that these things arnt real aliens when they die like punks by the truckload.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Spaghetti on Nov 14, 2007, 05:03:33 AM
I just thought of something.

Im actually glad the ADI aliens design looks so bad.

Would you really want to see a design as badass and beautiful as the original be tossed around like a pussy by the predator as the Strause seem to want?

At least when i see this i can tell myself that these things arnt real aliens when they die like punks by the truckload.

Things should have never gotten this bad, where you have to think of things in those terms in order to receive any enjoyment out of the film. Why the hell couldn't they have looked great and also had the predator struggle his ass off against them as opposed to not breaking a sweat?

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

The more pics of the predalien released and very shortly after the news of the vomiting reproduction method, revealed that this film would not be as good as I previously thought it would. Then you have the store showdown clip in which the alien doesn't resist the predator while getting its head ripped off and the acting of that dale character just seemed weak too me. The more info released, and the more pics, the more I graviate from optimism to realism and even pessimism at times concerning this film.

Like I said here before, anyone expecting anything as good as Alien, or Aliens is out of luck. Expect something more along the lines of Alien:Resurrection mixed with Predator 2 with some issues with breaking official canon of the alien films.
No way man.  This will be a good movie.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Nov 14, 2007, 05:07:51 AM

No way man.  This will be a good movie.

You know, the director's don't need you to figuratively lick their sweaty balls. Optiimism is one thing, but with everything known so far you really should be cautiously optimistic at best and not just waiving the banner of "this movie is going to kick ass!" (remember many people did that before they saw the first avp)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 05:05:47 AM
Why the hell couldn't they have looked great and also had the predator struggle his ass off against them as opposed to not breaking a sweat?

Didnt the original script have three aliens?

obviously someone down the line thought more aliens dying faster and a retarded reproduction cycle would make the movie hardcore and of course, back to the roots.

Gates

Gates

Someone really needs to make a cartoon picture of the brothers blowing Wolf...dead serious...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Spaghetti on Nov 14, 2007, 05:13:28 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 05:05:47 AM
Why the hell couldn't they have looked great and also had the predator struggle his ass off against them as opposed to not breaking a sweat?

Didnt the original script have three aliens?

obviously someone down the line thought more aliens dying faster and a retarded reproduction cycle would make the movie hardcore and of course, back to the roots.

no but, the original script had more facehuggers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed