Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,937 times)

Xhan

Xhan

The burden is the arguer, not the arguee.

AND

I'm not trying to evangelize. I've already made up my mind.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 15, 2007, 07:59:54 AM
The burden is the arguer, not the arguee.
You were the one claiming that the two locations were different, despite the visual and anecdotal evidence.

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 13, 2007, 03:18:27 AM
The sacrificial chamber and the "hive" are in completely different areas, and there's no mechanism/trap doors/steps leading to the "hive."
Furthermore you get some nice shots of the ground and there are no squares in a circular pattern in the floor, nor the ceiling.
And others have pointed out that you were incorrect.  That puts it back on to you to show some kind, any kind of evidence that your claim is accurate.

QuoteI'm not trying to evangelize. I've already made up my mind.
Most people who evangelize have 'made up their mind'.  Usually tends to be why they do it.

Anyway, if you're mind is set no matter the contrary evidence, I guess we're done.

Xhan

Xhan

really? cause I think I stated a lack of explorer bodies, dust, no ceiling holes and a complete transfiguration of the entrance.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2007, 05:27:08 AM
really? cause I think I stated a lack of explorer bodies,
Yet ignored the fact that the area is overgrown, that we don't see the entire room, and that there's an adjoining chamber.

Quotedust
Yeah, cos dust is gonna instantly appear on new stuff in an underground pyramid. Oh wait...

Quoteno ceiling holes
We never see the ceiling.

Quoteand a complete transfiguration of the entrance.
Which is easily accountable by the build up of hive gunk over it.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2007, 05:27:08 AM
no ceiling holes

Despite the fact that we don't get to see the ceiling, I'm still left wondering why you think there should be holes in it.

Xhan

Xhan

Covered by gunk makes the hole larger? k.

The pictures stated combined with prepro pictures give a rather expansive view of the entire room which isn't contradicted by the events and sequencing in the film. the end.

Layers of dust.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Okay, I'll ask it stright out this time...

Why do you say that there are supposed to be holes in the ceiling?

SiL

SiL

I'm sure there weren't actually hundreds of thousands of eggs in the Derelict hold set - Just 300 or so styrofoam ones.

And I'm certain they didn't cocoon 156 or so colonists to the sets in Aliens - Oh man! Where did all those other people go? They aren't there!

QuoteThe pictures stated combined with prepro pictures give a rather expansive view of the entire room which isn't contradicted by the events and sequencing in the film. the end.
But which provide ample evidence that it is the same room.

That Yellow Alien

Despite the fact that we have the script, novel, and pictures blatantly showing the mummified corpses seen previously, you still believe it is a different room...

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

He doesn't believe it...he knows it.  ;)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 16, 2007, 05:44:33 AM
Okay, I'll ask it stright out this time...

Why do you say that there are supposed to be holes in the ceiling?

For egress and exit of pillars. and I stated floor/ceiling, originally.

Quotescript, novel
You show me the part of the FILM where Grid and Scar have a giant hissysissy fight in the snow after the Predbomb goes off, and I'll start considering the script or novel or both, despite the fact much of it ended up on the trash heap. Until then thanx for playing.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2007, 05:50:17 AM
For egress and exit of pillars. and I stated floor/ceiling, originally.
So, the pillars which come out of the floor, and are never seen going into the ceiling?

Anyway, why are we arguing over a ceiling we can't see?  ;)

Xhan

Xhan

You tell me.

That Yellow Alien

Novels always have the deleted scenes in them. Fans always uses the novels to back up claims they make. The script that is online is the final script, the one that was used for filming. So ya, those do mean something. But obviously the biggest piece of evidence is the film itself, which we have already pointed out.

Plus, if the egg chamber was really a different room, than how did Lex and Scar find their way out of the pyramid so damn quick? The sacrificial chamber was very close to the entrance, hence why they were able to find their way out.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 16, 2007, 05:53:15 AM
You tell me.
'Cause you keep bringing up the supposed ceiling-holes, and I'm an idiot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed