Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] More Alien: Rom...
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Yesterday at 02:30:38 PMI don't know. I've just never bought that WY didn't know what they were doing by building Hadley's Hope on LV-426.

The colony had been there for decades, if there was ulterior motives they would have shown it before the events of Aliens. They had decades to find the derelict.
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 02:42:31 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Yesterday at 02:30:38 PMOkay, but you still subscribe to the theory that WY built Hadley's Hope on LV-426 with ulterior motives! :laugh:
Not really. :laugh:
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 02:36:50 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Yesterday at 02:30:38 PMI've just never bought that WY didn't know what they were doing by building Hadley's Hope on LV-426.

Last post by GrimmVision - Yesterday at 02:30:38 PM
I don't know. I've just never bought that WY didn't know what they were doing by building Hadley's Hope on LV-426.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 02:21:40 PMThey did not know of the Alien, they just knew something was there on lv-426 and wanted it investigated. If they actually knew the Alien was there, they would send a team like they did in Alien 3

Okay, but you still subscribe to the theory that WY built Hadley's Hope on LV-426 with ulterior motives! :laugh:

We can accept that the very ship where all of this started is just a bit of a jaunt out of the way from where Hadley's Hope happened to be built, but there are those folks who've brought up WY finding
Spoiler
Big Chap's body in space
[close]
in Romulus is a bit much for them to wrap their heads around. I suppose we could all suspend our belief a bit more  ;)

Getting back to Romulus, if there is no Queen stated or shown to be on board the Renaissance, can it be inferred that the multitude of Facehuggers are a product of Eggmorphing? Even though she was never seen, Creative Assembly explicitly stated there was a Queen somewhere on Sevastopol.

If
Spoiler
Big Chap's black goo
[close]
were the reasoning for Aliens on the station, then I assume it'd skip the Egg/Facehugger stage altogether, being born of humans more like a Neomorph with direct infection.
Last post by Kane's other son - Yesterday at 02:28:54 PM
The implication being that Burke acted on his own, being a slimy weasel of a yuppie, and W-Y central only mobilised later on, sending their team to Fury 161.
In any case, it's pretty clear that no one knew there was something on LV-426 before Ripley came back with her story of a monster with acid for blood.
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 02:21:40 PM
They did not know of the Alien, they just knew something was there on lv-426 and wanted it investigated. If they actually knew the Alien was there, they would send a team like they did in Alien 3
Last post by Kane's other son - Yesterday at 01:58:39 PM
Aliens only works if the ones responsible for the Nostromo incident buried the story and no one knew what was on LV-426 during the following 57 years.
It makes zero sense for the company to know about the derelict all those decades and wait for Ripley to resurface before sending some dumbass, unprepared prospectors to check it out.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2...
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 10:29:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 05:09:16 AMWhat's it like in terms of the violence - like gore; not cars smashing?  Was thinking about taking the Third Born (11 years old) to see it. Is it more or less gory than Fury Road?

There's some pretty brutal stuff on par with with Immortan Joe's face being ripped off at the end of Fury Road, but with more frequency here to the point where I'd say it goes a step or two beyond Fury Road in that regard. It isn't a spoiler to say that Furiosa is destined to lose her arm, after all, but there's also some other stuff going on during that scene and a during few others that push the violence/brutality pretty far, even if the camera doesn't always overtly linger on it.

General spoilers regarding the violence, without getting into the specifics of who/how:

Spoiler
Expect to see Furiosa losing her arm, limbs being torn from bodies and dragged behind vehicles, dogs pulling a person apart, something that's more or less a crucifixion...
[close]

It's a bit more stylized than Fury Road, though, which I think kind of levels it out. I guess it really depends on how they handled Fury Road/Joe's death sequence?

Cheers. Might go on my own instead.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed