Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 07:56:15 PM

Author
Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS) (Read 75,135 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Bigticket on Dec 22, 2011, 09:44:54 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 22, 2011, 09:33:06 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:21:07 PM
Lets wait for the movie and then criticize....hey , this is Ridley Scotts new movie, sci-fi movie !!! It's gonna be epic.

Awesome, I think Ridley is on to something, no really...

let's do the same thing to the next Predator film, no Predators, no dreads, no mandibles, sounds good to you?

Ok I'm done, have fun with the PG-13 Xenomorph-less film.

Since when there is ALIEN in the title ? Ridley said this isnt direct alien prequel and you are actin like its an direct alien prequel but for some reason ridley decided there will be no xenomorphs .

Hello,

AVP Galaxy "The pulse of the Alien and Predator community" reports news from Prometheus.
Space Jockey
Derelict (at least same model)
Android
Weyland
Do I really need to say everything we know that link both so far?

It's like Bilbo the Hobbit.
It's not about destroying the ring and that's all the difference you can figured out.

Also, I hardly see Ridley states "We'll see xenomorph" when this could concerns the
very last scene.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am disappointed too about the SJ.
I always had in mind this weird image:
The CHAIR & the SJ are ONE.
Which is original.
I mean imagine just the thing, The space jockey
and the chair are one! Like the chair you sit down
in front of your comp and you are one!
You are programmed to your duty: Surf the web!
It is a hell of an idea they had for ALIEN (1979)
and it is now erased by "a guy in a suit" aka load
of comic book, ID4, AVATAR, blablabla.

Uninspired, Déjà Vu, weak.

Gunflyer

I had an idea that the Space Jockey saw the Twilight films, some Justin Bieber videos, and then decided humanity must die.

The Hyena

The bitching is starting to get annoying now.  Horror-wise the Xenomorph is nothing now.  Its not even scary.  They can't keep reusing the same monster; so suck it up. (Unless we want a repeat of Aliens (hurpdurpSpaceAnts) or Requiem (Lolpreds and fail aliens))

The problem extends to the Jockey too.  If they didn't pull the Suit trick then...how exactly do they get people to be afraid of the Jockey?

This is the reason why Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves aren't scary in the least any more.  So suck it up and see what Scott gives us.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Gunflyer on Dec 22, 2011, 11:04:43 PM
I had an idea that the Space Jockey saw the Twilight films, some Justin Bieber videos, and then decided humanity must die.

Speaking of Twilight...Predators are taking care of that

EEV-2501

Those retarded Strause Brothers have killed the Xenomorphs.

The Hyena

Aliens killed the Xenomorph.  The moment it became cannon fodder, it lost all horror appeal.  Aliens wasn't a bad movie though.

As bad a movie as Resurrection was...that was the only movie that actually began to make them more scary again. (but was executed incorrectly)

EEV-2501

Even if a lot of us doesn't like Resurrection, it has nothing to do with the abominable AVP movies. It was still ALIEN.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hey The Hyena, I thought you liked Resurrection. Did you change opinion?

Le Celticant

Quote from: The Hyena on Dec 22, 2011, 11:11:22 PM
Aliens killed the Xenomorph.  The moment it became cannon fodder, it lost all horror appeal.  Aliens wasn't a bad movie though.

As bad a movie as Resurrection was...that was the only movie that actually began to make them more scary again. (but was executed incorrectly)

Hello,

The problem isn't the creature itself I think.
It's the vision people had of them while doing a movie.
Also, apart the first Alien, I've never considered any other
movie to be horror movies since the "psychology"
to build an horror movie was lacking.
It was more about people dieing, gore, blabla over used to
a point in which if you see a good guy kill a bad guy you
probably won't feel a shit and vice versa.

The Hyena

The Hyena

It was my second favourite movie (Alien being first).  I do understand that a lot in it could have been improved however. (Newborn appearing much sooner would have really given an Alien feel)

The problem isn't the creature itself I think.
It's the vision people had of them while doing a movie.
Also, apart the first Alien, I've never considered any other
movie to be horror movies since the "psychology"
to build an horror movie was lacking.
It was more about people dieing, gore, blabla over used to
a point in which if you see a good guy kill a bad guy you
probably won't feel a shit and vice versa.

The problem is the creature though.  Even if they went with no Jockies and focused on the Alien...it will still feel like we know everything thats going to happen.  Theres no room for creativity unless we go for Cloned Alien type things (which people seem to be against).

Once your exposed to something too much it becomes not scary.  Like Zombies.  Who can honestly say they've been horrified by a zombie movie lately? Compare the reactions to people in the very first zombie movies.  Now its just another cannon fodder zombie.

This is why I'm willing to take a chance on the Bald Man jockey, because its new and fresh, and has that possibility of the phrase 'We are our own worst Enemy' happening. 

Gunflyer

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 11:09:47 PM
Something even Ripley and a hundred nukes couldn't do...

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

^^I really like the storyline and the background, real Alien style for me, but the problem of the movie for me was Ripley. They should have begun a new cycle with Resurrection. Same kind of plot but no Rip.

Quote from: Gunflyer on Dec 22, 2011, 11:20:17 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 11:09:47 PM
Something even Ripley and a hundred nukes couldn't do...
;D You can see the skills of the guys.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 22, 2011, 10:04:31 PM

I have no issue with the Jockey being humanoid - so long as I see him somehow fuse to a biomechanoid suit, which I think will happen. Not only that, there're other beasts in the movie. The original bootlegged trailer shows a silver xeno-headed parasite slither past, along with what I can only describe as a flash of a "space cat" creature.

Fox haven't shot their load already - there's more to this movie yet to come...I think I might switch off till June so I'm pleasantly surprised. Going to be hard tho... lol

Well the second photo reminds me of the Space Jockey head that they have in the scanner in Prometheus

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 11:22:19 PM
^^I really like the storyline and the background, real Alien style for me, but the problem of the movie for me was Ripley. They should have begun a new cycle with Resurrection. Same kind of plot but no Rip.
People would've complained anyway. Now fans say 'NAW DEY SHUDDVE DONE SUMFIN ELS'. If the film hadn't Ripley, it would be, instead, 'NAW THEY SHUDDVE DONE IT WIFF RAIPLEY'.

The Hyena

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 22, 2011, 11:24:41 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 11:22:19 PM
People would've complained anyway. Now fans say 'NAW DEY SHUDDVE DONE SUMFIN ELS'. If the film hadn't Ripley, it would be, instead, 'NAW THEY SHUDDVE DONE IT WIFF RAIPLEY'.

This sums up the Aliens fanbase quite well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed