Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 789,269 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Dark Eldar is cheating, but yeah, still cooler.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Dank? Sign me up.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hehehe Dank Eldar. Like the Drukhari but with snapbacks and yolo bling.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 31, 2021, 10:00:29 PM
Covenant still feels far more believable than a bunch of monks flying through space on a wooden ball.

Indeed! there seems to be a lot of serious scientific shit in Alien Covenant, and that my friend is pure...

Riddles Magic

Let me introduce you to Lycoperdon Perlatum, a mushroom which is only edible while the meat is white (which is when it is young), But when the fungus is old it can no longer be eaten, its flesh turns brown and when pressed it releases spores as part of its life cycle.

And when I think of the dead Engineers at the plaza, I can't help but think of the spider-eating zombie fungus, such as Engyodontium Aranearum or Torrubiela Pulvinata.

That ghostly spider carcass are millions of spores that the fungus produces on the arachnid corpse. Those spores travel by wind, water, or are carried by other arthopods. When they come into physical contact with potential new prey, the spores become activated. This implies that they germinate and penetrate inside the arachnid, if they manage to overcome the immune system of the spider they begin to produce enzymes and toxins, literally "they eat it inside". Once the spider dies, the fungus emerges from the corpse, produces new spores and thus continues its cycle. 

That said...

What if the black goo worked that way when the pathogen killed the Engineers?

Edit: I still dig the Wooden Planet idea. Also, wooden space Devices is not fantasy. Ok, maybe not at the level of an inhabited space station, but it could even have its benefits.

Quote from: via BBCWooden satellites would burn up without releasing harmful substances into the atmosphere or raining debris on the ground when they plunge back to Earth.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1343811796201844737

SM

SM

QuoteInterestingly enough, ending of Ward's draft doesn't imply solid finale of the story 'cause Ripley is still alive and there's fate of Earth left unsolved

Until they did a draft where Ripley isn't still alive.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 31, 2018, 10:54:00 AM
Honestly, Arceon would have made more sense had it started out as the brainchild of some crazy and rich benefactor who found Jesus and wanted to give his church and its followers a new life far away from decadent Earth and its vile corporatist society.

Essentially, The Village in space.

Now, let's get SiL to direct this bitch.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 01, 2018, 06:31:17 AM
I was thinking that Eccentric Rich Dude would be long dead for Arceon to be in such a sad state of disrepair, but it's not my movie.

Either way, I still picture Brian Glover being more or less in charge of the place.

SM

SM

Might work.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The SM of 2018 thought so too.

windebieste

windebieste

You want space trees.

OK. We can do that.  ;D

You got space trees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Integral_Trees

-Windebieste.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

We can and will.

Was there an Alien onboard?

Yes.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 01, 2021, 04:30:09 PM
We can and will.

Was there an Alien onboard?

Yes.
It was with us all the way. Or was it?

I just had a thought. What if the Sulaco was sabotaged? Somewhere between Aliens and Alien 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines something happened, which involved a dwarf alien egg being deposited upside down in the ship.

David. David happened! He made a mini egg and decided to test it in the Sulaco.

Which he found.

Somehow.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It was with us all the way.

"It."

A lone adult Drone/Warrior came with the Queen carrying an Egg deep into the ship looking for a host.

Maybe? lol

judge death

judge death

I stick to my theory that makes it work in my head:

The queen while inside the dropship, produced an emergency egg embryo that she attached to the inside of the drop ship on the roof, where it would grow to mature size, taking way longer than a normal egg that is grown in her eggsack, unlike normal egg that takes ca 3 hours to produce, this took days.
Hence why its updside down and smaller etc.

In the theatrical cut it produced two facehuggers, one with a queen and one with a drone to protect said queen.(aliens exctinction game have this feature too).
In the assembly cut: it produced a super facehugger that laid a queen in ripley and then a drone in the ox/dog.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I bet the infamous egg is bigger inside than outside.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed