Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 820,787 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I don't care how much sense it makes within universe - I just wanna see it. If they had stuck to the idea instead of secondguessing Ward I'm sure he would've figured the logistics.

Though I must agree - script didn't do the idea justice

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 31, 2021, 04:17:13 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Jan 31, 2021, 12:56:58 PMAnd as for the "wooden planet" it is a superb idea.

It's an incredibly silly idea that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Add to which, beyond the visually arresting setting and a couple of cool Alien set pieces, that script was pretty pants.

Pretty much.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Again I never mentioned the script itself.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 31, 2021, 04:40:47 PM
For a franchise that has such a feel of reality in the first two movies, Ward's setting was incongruously bizarre to say the least.

Yes.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't think it's right for the finale to the Alien Trilogy but I do think it's an idea worth developing in it's own right elsewhere.

Kradan

Kradan

Interestingly enough, ending of Ward's draft doesn't imply solid finale of the story 'cause Ripley is still alive and there's fate of Earth left unsolved

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2021, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 31, 2021, 04:40:47 PM
For a franchise that has such a feel of reality in the first two movies, Ward's setting was incongruously bizarre to say the least.

Yes.

Not in the world where Covenant exists

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Covenant still feels far more believable than a bunch of monks flying through space on a wooden ball.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yes.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not a fan of space stations?

Drukathi

Drukathi

Every idea will find its fans in any case. How about a colony built of toilet paper? Or even better - who needs a wooden planet? How about a planet-sized space tree? And let's call it Yggdrasil! Perhaps the engineers are just space elves who live on this tree.  The Black Goo - the sap of the tree. Aliens are just ants. It is possible that the tachyon vibrations of the tree can grow alien eggs in random places. That would perfectly explain the egg on Sulaco. Because we have already gone off topic.

P.S. On serious note - how about a colony where people live in hobbit-holes like hobbits?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 31, 2021, 10:33:01 PM
Perhaps the engineers are just space elves who live on this tree.  The Black Goo - the sap of the tree.

You were trying to be stupid but this is some dank shit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So the Engineers are Eldar?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Xenoelves, hive tree, dank shit?! Yuk! I definitely don't like where this is headed...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2021, 10:40:10 PM
So the Engineers are Eldar?

Nah, Engies are cooler than Eldar.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed