Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 820,863 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Randy "alleged" Pitchford.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Sounds worse than Requiem's ​​Predalien (may its name be forever cursed).

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 30, 2021, 11:21:15 PM
Sounds worse than Requiem's ​​Predalien (may its name be forever cursed).

This

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 30, 2021, 08:42:09 PM
There is no need to look for any explanations.  Alien 3 is just a cryo-nightmare. There is no need to erase this film from continuity. Just mark Alien 3 and Resurrection (as the second half of a bad dream) as cry-nightmares and put between Aliens and Alien V.

And... DONE!

Again. I'm all for this theory. That's why I wish both of those movies would have been erased out of existence by that Alien 5 movie that was supposed to come out and had gotten cancelled. That would have actually been the true sequel to Aliens. Unfortunately, plans fell through, but as far as I'm concerned, Alien 3 and the rest of the putrid sequels don't exist. Ripley's character arc is over after Aliens. I would have even taken Alien 3 as that script where she was in a coma for the whole movie and it was just Bishop and Hicks. I would have been cool with that.

judge death

judge death

ISsue with that is those scripts and ideas were hilariously bad, wooden planet in space, aliens with eyes, aliens as cannon fodder, hundreds of power loaders vs hundreds of aliens queen ina  massive fight etc.

I think I prefer alien 3s more realistic and dark aproach which made the xenomorphs and space dangerous again and not a family or marine fanservice party movie.

Kradan

Kradan

There is no need to look for any explanations.  Alien 3 is just a cryo-nightmare. There is no need to erase this film from continuity. Just mark Alien 3 and Resurrection (as the second half of a bad dream) as cry-nightmares and put between Aliens and Alien V.

And... DONE!

no

Quote from: irn on Jan 30, 2021, 10:08:34 PM
We need a sequel to Aliens and prequel to Alien 3 to explain this egg fiasco once and for all.

It would be as stupid as explaining "How rebels got the plans?" in Rogue One. Regardless of final product quality such premise seems just as an excuse to make a movie

Quote from: judge death on Jan 31, 2021, 03:54:47 AM
I think I prefer alien 3s more realistic and dark aproach which made the xenomorphs and space dangerous again and not a family or marine fanservice party movie.

When will people understand - you don't have to poop on Aliens to praise Alien 3 and vice versa ? I for one enjoy them both and for different reasons

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: judge death on Jan 31, 2021, 03:54:47 AM
ISsue with that is those scripts and ideas were hilariously bad, wooden planet in space, aliens with eyes, aliens as cannon fodder, hundreds of power loaders vs hundreds of aliens queen ina  massive fight etc.

Yeah. I agree. But that doesn't stop Alien 3's toxic fanboys from flaunting their hypocrisy. Alien V, Gibson's epic, other drafts: "fuuuu, it's cheap, unrealistic, stupid, etc. This ignores the style of the first two films! And cool Alien 3 keeps it".
Alien 3: "it's a drama, it's believable, dark and depressing. It's realistic. And it keeps the style of the first two films. ".
There is no reason to argue here - everything is fine.
But...
Yeah, woooooodeeeeeen plaaaneeeet. Enthusiastic, hysterical squeals are immediately heard: "Wow, a wooden planet - it is so cool! This is the best thing after Alien 3. I want to see it immediately! Screw up all other stories - give us wooden planet".
And there are no words about realism, believability or even keeping the style of the first two films. Yeah-yeah. Prometheus, Alien V, Gibson's scripts, even Resurrection - all of this will destroy the precious style of the original trilogy dilogy, but wooden planet is what the franchise needs.

SM

SM

And... DONE!

You certainly have been.

judge death

judge death

Alien 3 isnt a masterpiece either and done damage to the franchise no doubt, just wish they instead went in a new way and done like what is rumored in the tv series and have a new charachter facing the cold world of the alien franchise rather than: we must have ripley and sigourney, cant do movies without her. Very sure if done well you can easily make a successfull movie without her.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Query the "true sequel" to Aliens?

Alien³ obviously.

And as for the "wooden planet" it is a superb idea in my view yes I do actually think so, even if that name for the artificial world's not entirely accurate it's easily able to be a believable part of the universe, Alien The RPG explains it's existence in a single paragraph for example.

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: judge death on Jan 31, 2021, 11:21:10 AM
Alien 3 isnt a masterpiece either and done damage to the franchise no doubt, just wish they instead went in a new way and done like what is rumored in the tv series and have a new charachter facing the cold world of the alien franchise rather than: we must have ripley and sigourney, cant do movies without her. Very sure if done well you can easily make a successfull movie without her.

Agreed. Trying to keep Sigourney throughout the entire franchise was ultimately what killed it. Alien 3 should have broken away from the Ripley character. There was nothing left to tell about her. They should have focused on other things at that point.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jan 31, 2021, 12:56:58 PM
And as for the "wooden planet" it is a superb idea in my view yes I do actually think so, even if that name for the artificial world's not entirely accurate it's easily able to be a believable part of the universe, Alien The RPG explains it's existence in a single paragraph for example.

So much this. Just give me adaptation of Ward's draft - comic, book, audio-drama, animated cartoon, in any shape of form, I don't care

Btw, you're Trash Queen now ? I like it  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jan 31, 2021, 12:56:58 PMAnd as for the "wooden planet" it is a superb idea.

It's an incredibly silly idea that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Add to which, beyond the visually arresting setting and a couple of cool Alien set pieces, that script was pretty pants.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If you have no imagination to speak of.

If what you picture's literally just a planet made out of wood.

Rather than a man made world evocative of the idea.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jan 31, 2021, 04:24:36 PMIf what you picture's literally just a planet made out of wood.

Rather than a man made world evocative of the idea.

The script specifically says it's a world made of wood, to the point where they get to the supposed technological core and find it... isn't there.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jan 31, 2021, 04:24:36 PMIf you have no imagination to speak of.

Imagination isn't a factor in understanding logic.

There's a reason the ISS isn't made out of oak.

For a franchise that has such a feel of reality in the first two movies, Ward's setting was incongruously bizarre to say the least.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I never mentioned the script though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed