Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,198 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Good!  ;D

It's just, I know so many people who had their enjoyment hampered by expecting something else much different from what they got.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

With me, that only tends to hurt first viewings. Thus was the case with Moon which I plan on re-watching very soon.
After a re-watch, that tends to be done away with.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 30, 2012, 02:17:24 AM
Good!  ;D

It's just, I know so many people who had their enjoyment hampered by expecting something else much different from what they got.

Like that crazy woman who wanted to sue the studio because 'Drive' wasnt anything like Fast Five.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Abominable Doctor Phibes
Wondrous.

Nine killed you, and nine shall die!

Keg

Keg

True Grit 7/10

First time watching this and i've never seen the original. Really enjoyed it and it wasnt what I was expecting at all. I found it to be suprisingly funny at times, especially the arguments between Damon and Bridges, notably the one where he's pissed and is trying to shoot the cornbread out of the sky to prove a point.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 7.5/10

I've been hearing how great this is, and how it's easily the best of all the films so far but I didnt think it was any better than the third film. That's not a bad thing though because I thought the third film was an excellent return to form after the ridiculous second film. One thing that bugged me in this film was how they could just ignore Ving Rhames character and his wife from the last film. It seemed weird that they could so easily be forgotten about and then to my delight they both appear at the end in cameos and suddenly it feels connected to the last film again and I wasnt left with questions, wondering about those characters.

Boy does Cruise like to be filmed running as fast as he possibly can though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Iron Man 2

So today was my third day of my pre-Avengers marathon. Iron Man 2 is probably the least liked of the MCU films, but I can't help but really enjoy it. There's a lot of heart in this film, particularly in the character of Tony Stark. I loved the subplot revolving around his relationship with his father, perhaps more than anything else in the film. Sam Rockwell was also great as Justin Hammer (though I can't really think of a time when Sam Rockwell wasn't great). Some people say the story is all over the place with all of the references to S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers Initiative, but I personally didn't really mind. Tony's story was always kept as the focus, and the other stuff was very fun. I do, however, hope that in The Avengers Black Widow does a little more that look hot (although she is great at it). I didn't mind her in this, I quite liked her actually, but she has so much more potential. Anyways, an overall very fun movie that, while not as good as the first, is a worthy continuation of the story.

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer

A rather fun short that bridges the gap between Iron Man 2 and Thor that focuses on everyone's favorite S.H.I.E.l.D. agent, Agent Coulson. It was great finally seeing him in action. Like his appearances in the feature length films, Clark Gregg was very humorous in the role of Coulson and is always a pleasure to watch.

Up next: The penultimate film in my marathon, Thor.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Lake Placid- 5/5

One of my all time favorite Killer-Croc films.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 01, 2012, 10:53:16 AM
Lake Placid- 5/5

Brotha.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 11:27:03 AM
Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 01, 2012, 10:53:16 AM
Lake Placid- 5/5

Brotha.

Croc vs Bear scene= EPIC!

Well i guess it wasn't much of a fight :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 01, 2012, 11:46:49 AM

Oh YES! I love that scene. The Croc just takes the bear down with a bite, another bite and here it drags it away. Brutal.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 11:48:12 AM

Oh YES! I love that scene. The Croc just takes the bear down with a bite, another bite and here it drags it away. Brutal.

Not unrealistic because there use to be Crocs that size and bigger back in the day. (prehistoric times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 01, 2012, 01:24:08 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 11:48:12 AM

Not unrealistic because there use to be Crocs that size and bigger back in the day. (prehistoric times)

I don't think there were any bears around when crocodilians attained those kinds of sizes...

maledoro

maledoro

The Big Lebowski.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Vertigo on May 01, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
I don't think there were any bears around when crocodilians attained those kinds of sizes...
Yeah, some geni like Deinosuchus, Sarcosuchus and Purussaurus could probably grow up to reach around 12 metres or length.

Quote from: Vertigo on May 01, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
I think there were some early modern-esque bears in the miocene (same time as Purussaurus), but I don't recall any environments in which both Crocodiles and Bears co-existed at the moment -- though I could be wrong.

Quote from: maledoro on May 01, 2012, 02:43:36 PM
The Big Lebowski.
Awesome movie!

maledoro

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed