Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,088,112 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

First Blood

First Blood

I'll never be able to look at that film let alone that scene ever again. :laugh:

Shasvre

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 28, 2012, 07:54:26 PM
I'll save the salt for when Prometheus is released. ;)

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

This is a good death.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Brilliant. :laugh:

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Blade Runner (2nd time in 3 days)

Priming myself for Prometheus. Ever frame of this film is art. It's very hard to remember the time when everyone I knew hated this film. Will it be connected to the Alien universe? Should it? I dunno. It seems like it would take very little to make it so. Only one or two name changes and voilĂ .

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Captain America: The First Avenger

And thus, my pre-Avengers marathon has begun. I decided to start a day early so I can spend Thursday resting before I head off to the midnight release :) Anyways, I really enjoy this film. Its not my favorite of the bunch, nor is Captain America my favorite Avenger, but I found this to be a very well done film. Enjoyable both on its own or as a piece of the puzzle leading up to The Avengers. Lots of cool references and cameos, a good story with interesting characters, and lots of fun and witty dialogue. The ending scene was both sad and an excellent set up for what is to come. All I can say now is, bring on The Avengers! :D

Up next in my marathon: Iron Man

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 28, 2012, 06:58:21 AM
The Bridge on the River Kwai

A classic. Plain and simple. I was expecting this to have a fairly pro-British bias, but it really did not. It wasn't pro-anything. The characters all seemed quite grounded and very real, the acting was top-notch, and the story was captivating. If you haven't seen this, give it a watch. One of those films you just should see at least once.
First time?!  :o

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 12:25:36 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 28, 2012, 06:58:21 AM
The Bridge on the River Kwai

A classic. Plain and simple. I was expecting this to have a fairly pro-British bias, but it really did not. It wasn't pro-anything. The characters all seemed quite grounded and very real, the acting was top-notch, and the story was captivating. If you haven't seen this, give it a watch. One of those films you just should see at least once.
First time?!  :o

Yep.

It was a bit awkward at first, wasn't really sure what was going on.

I'll give it a go again, soon. Heard it goes smoother the second time. Much more enjoyable.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm just always surpised when the self-proclaimed cinephiles are the ones 'catching up'.  :laugh:

Spoiler
That's why I don't label myself as one.  ;)
[close]

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

Rogue

First Blood

First Blood

The Raven (2012)

When we meet Edgar Allen Poe (John Cusack) he's a desperate, drunkard and broke writer who really has nothing going for him. Then things take a turn for the worst as a series of murders are inspired by Poe's works such as The Pit and the Pendulum as well as The Murders in the Rue Morgue.

The cast in this was pretty decent. Luke Evans plays Inspector Emmett Fields who helps Poe in this journey of trying to solve the murders and save Poe's love Emily Hamilton played by Alice Eve. For the most part it was an intriguing thriller. I wish they would have showed more of the killer before the reveal. He shows up in maybe two scenes early in the film, and we kinda forget about him until it's revealed to Poe as to who he is. I also wish there was more emphasis on The Raven or Ravens themselves. But the film did do a good job of taking Poe's work of The Raven and adapting it to the character's decent in the movie. The movie is the poem in a way.

The ending credits were a bit weird. It was almost if there were these Tron-esque neon lights moving about as the actors names were appearing on screen. In the end though, it was a decent thriller worth checking out.

7/10

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ Thanks man, I love Poe's stories and I was thinking of checking it out but wasn't sure. Color me convinced

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Second time, in Spanish)
Really, really great movie. It made me so sad repeatedly, and Im just amazed at how connected to Apes I can feel. Absolutely fantastic movie, 10/10
The dub was good too, my only complaint is that they made ceaser
Spoiler
talk
[close]
normally in the end without effects to make it sound rough

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Superhero Movie - 7/10
Sherlock Holmes - 6/10

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 28, 2012, 09:27:19 PM
Captain America: The First Avenger

And thus, my pre-Avengers marathon has begun. I decided to start a day early so I can spend Thursday resting before I head off to the midnight release :) Anyways, I really enjoy this film. Its not my favorite of the bunch, nor is Captain America my favorite Avenger, but I found this to be a very well done film. Enjoyable both on its own or as a piece of the puzzle leading up to The Avengers. Lots of cool references and cameos, a good story with interesting characters, and lots of fun and witty dialogue. The ending scene was both sad and an excellent set up for what is to come. All I can say now is, bring on The Avengers! :D

Up next in my marathon: Iron Man

I agree good movie, although he isn't my favorite of the Avengers
I loved the whole "Dont judge a book by it's cover" theme with it, something we all do far to much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed