Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,090,877 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Rewatched Deep Blue Sea last night. The thing i think i loved the most was the soundtrack. Because it was original and not a simple Jaws theme ripoff. Wich most shark movies think they need to do just because they have sharks in the movie. Also the animatronics where just great. So life like  :o Only the CGI wasn't really impressive but yeah you can't have everything and it didn't bother me. The animatronics made up for that shortcoming bigtime. Still love the movie just as much as the first time i saw it. Not as good as Jaws thats for sure. But still the second best shark movie out there.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Deep Blue Sea is so over the top and freaky! I love that movie ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Tremors
Do I even need to give a rating?

District 9
See above!

First Blood

First Blood

127 Hours

Harrowing tale about a hiker (James Franco) who becomes trapped in a craves which pins his arm. This was an excellent film, Franco did a fantastic job on the acting front, showing how far we're willing to go to survive. The scene of the amputation was hard to watch...

Thor

The God of Thunder makes his debut in the Marvel Movie Universe. Filled with some impressive special effects, I felt the production design of Asgard itself was great. In all a solid edition to the connected universe.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Cowboys & Aliens - 6/10 - It's exactly what the title says. Turn your brain off and enjoy the ride. It looks and sounds great, the acting is good enough, a few things plot-wise don't make sense and there are enough cliches to make you roll your eyes. Full review coming soon.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spawn  - 4/10
Expected more from this, really awful, inconsistent film, there are some aspects of the narrative style that bugged me, Leguizamo was the only good actor in the film (and the character wasn't that great anyway). One of the taglines for this film is 'the special effects event of the year' haha, well, the CGI of the film sucks truly, one of the worst I've ever seen for a theatrically-released film, the ironic thing is that ILM is behind it. Violator was a cool beastie though, and I liked KNB Efx's practical effects and makeup.
If you wanna see 'I is back from hell and wants revengah' film, skip this and watch The Crow.

First Blood

First Blood

All the money may have went into making the cape look good nothing else.  :laugh:

Lie

Lie

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 16, 2011, 08:52:32 PM
Spawn  - 4.5-5/10
Leguizamo was the only good actor in the film (and the character wasn't that great anyway).

The first part, yeah. The brackets, go to hell. :P Violater's one of the most jokes characters ever!

Wanna know why?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quotethe CGI of the film sucks truly, one of the worst I've ever seen for a theatrically-released film,

It was a 1997 film which is why it was listed down as the special effect film of the year. I still enjoy the film but I agree that the movie has not aged at all. The Violator effects, Micheal Jai White as Spawn, and Spawn's costume are the best thing that I liked about the movie. Patrick Tatopoulos apparently work on the film as well.

I still wish that he wear his mask more often in the film.

First Blood

First Blood

I'd argue that the Lost World was the special effects event of the year.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Men in Black and Starship Troopers had better looking effects. All the CG scenes in Hell look really bad looking now, I remember when they look so great looking back in the 90's. The CG for Malebolgia looks like it was made for Beast Wars.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 16, 2011, 08:56:42 PM
All the money may have went into making the cape look good nothing else.  :laugh:
Ha! Even that didn't look good at all.
I gotta admit the makeup was pretty good though, the Violator animatronic was shot too confusingly to judge it properly unfortunately.
Malebolgia and hell looked so damn cartoony, hell (pun intended), all of the VFX were so damn cartoony.

Quote from: Lie on Sep 16, 2011, 08:57:52 PM
The first part, yeah. The brackets, go to hell. :P Violater's one of the most jokes characters ever!

Wanna know why?
Uh not sure. >__>

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 16, 2011, 09:00:16 PM
Patrick Tatopoulos apparently work on the film as well.
Oh yeah, he's the creature designer and supervisor. I liked Violator's design (but as far as I can remember the comic book version is very similar), and if only Malebolgia was executed decently it would've been a great load better. He doesn't even move his damn mouth while talking.

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 16, 2011, 09:00:53 PM
I'd argue that the Lost World was the special effects event of the year.
Word! Men in Black, StarShip Troopers and Titanic had fantastic SFX as well.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The HBO series is much better. It's everything that the movie should have been.

BobGrill

BobGrill

The Lost World and Men in Black were the best films of 1997 IMO.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Predator 9.5/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed