Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,254 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Godzilla Raids Again.

Albeit it was the American versio I still loved it. The near constant naration was annoying at points but the synchronization of sub plots and the monster fights were great. The ending was actually touching because you cared about the characters. Something very rare in monster movies (however this is Godzilla, of course it'll be good) and I love the way the black and white treats the suits, they actually look menacing.

12/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I still haven't seen that one...  :-[

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Apr 18, 2011, 06:24:28 AM
(however this is Godzilla, of course it'll be good)
Err... :D

Agreed on the review, though. It's been looong since I've watched that one, but I remember liking it a lot, because it kept to an extent the serious nature of the first film (unlike the sheer majority of the Showa series). And indeed, the Black & White enhanced the suits.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really don't see why FW is that hated. Sure its a terrible movie, but a lot of the Godzilla ones are. II agree with you about the lack of monsters during the first half, but when the battles start they are really entertaining. As for plot, well, it reminded me of a Showa film.

Sure it was bad, but it was fun bad :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

TRON: Legacy.
I don't think words can fully describe the emotions I feel when watching this immensely beautiful film. I can only concretely say that it is a masterpiece of our time. A film that digs deeply in me and hits all the targets it could hit - hitting every one in the precise centre.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Omega wins.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Do I still win if the game has changed?
:o 8) ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

End of Line, Son of Flynn

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

TronLegacyEndTitles.avi

The only thing I'd have to say is that the Blu-Ray has this weird ratio change every handful of time that resulted slightly annoying in a couple of moments (couldn't be more than I was as I was... kidnapped by the film haha). Also some scenes (namely Kevin's flashback on CLU's takeover) look a bit weird. Otherwise the quality is excellent. HD Olivia Wilde!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

CLUs takeover...do you mean how the screen kind of flashes, like the video is corrupted or something? I liked that touch. It made me think of a virus, or in this case CLU, infecting what he was touching.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 18, 2011, 05:44:24 PM
The only thing I'd have to say is that the Blu-Ray has this weird ratio change every handful of time that resulted slightly annoying in a couple of moments
Those were the transitions from would-be 3D to 2D. Happened in the theater version too, but it was less noticeable.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The Canyon

8/10

Was expecting garbage, and I ended up getting a movie that I have no doubt in my mind was based on an episode from that one show about people that survive crazy shit: I SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE

There are a shitload of other films that I have recently watched, but It will take a while to name, so I'll just resume from this point, and not mention the rest.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The Lord of the Rings (1978)

I fuggin' lurv old school rotomation.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The Clockwork Orange

I absolutely have no idea if I liked or not the film. That is some special feeling.
I was mainly focused by the cinematography but I was also caught by the storyline, very weird.  ???

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Lie on Apr 17, 2011, 10:48:27 PM

I've always liked Brian Tyler's music and if people are gonna hate on his work I'm just gonna stand opposing, it's what I do. :)

Right here, my boy!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed