Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,020 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

V for Vendetta

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Skyfall

Thought I'd celebrate my return to unemployment in style. Best one since GoldenEye.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Amaterasu on Nov 05, 2012, 12:50:25 AM
Quote from: Eva on Nov 04, 2012, 09:56:53 PM
Ah, well I guess I'm kind of excused then... sorta ;)

No, we didn't get around to Halloween II. Nobody was in the mood for another film night, so we went outside in the back garden and camped around a barbeque grill to keep warm. :D

I wanna re-watch it soon though - I read your thoughts on the Halloween movies.

Don't worry, we've all biehn there.  ;)

Oh, you didn't! :D

What do people think of Sinister? I'm thinking of going this week, it just opened here.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Eva on Nov 05, 2012, 06:48:10 PM
What do people think of Sinister? I'm thinking of going this week, it just opened here.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 21, 2012, 02:40:06 AM
Sinister

It wasn't anything special, but it actually wasn't bad. It was definitely creepy (and very, very morbid) and, while not exactly original, had a very interesting story going for it. It also helped that the main character was likable (his wife, on the other hand, not so much...). There were a few too many jump scares for my taste, but there were a few cool creepy moments as well. If you're into horror, its definitely a film worth checking out.

And I'm not going to lie, a certain scene with a lawnmower kind of made me jump a bit...

:)

Eva

Eva

Nice :)

(I've heard some of the soundtrack on youtube and it sounds deeply harrowing)

... lawnmower, uh.... :o

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If you haven't seen the trailer yet (or in a while) don't watch it. I didn't see it until after seeing the movie, and I was a bit taken back at just how much they actually showed in it.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 05, 2012, 06:56:40 PM
If you haven't seen the trailer yet (or in a while) don't watch it. I didn't see it until after seeing the movie, and I was a bit taken back at just how much they actually showed in it.

Yeah, good advice. It's been months since i watched the trailer, so I only remember the most striking images, like a shot of people hanging from a tree, some of them kids, I suspect.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Saw Sinister in theatre, liked it a lot. Saw Paranormal Activity 4 last week and found it even scarier.

Red   Lights

8/10

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Diamonds Are Forever [1971]

This Bond movie, Jesus f**king Christ. So much kickass.

First Blood

First Blood

The Girl (2012)

Toby Jones plays legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock in this true story about his obsession with actress Tippi Hedren. I thought this was pretty good. Jones; who I've always admired presents a really creepy and shady side to Hitchcock here. It's going to be interesting once Hitchcock is released with Anthony Hopkins. Seeing as The Girl presents a more misogynistic and disturbing side to the filmmaker. 

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance (2012)

Oh boy what a bad film this was. I mean was it even possible for this to be worse than 2007's Ghost Rider? Apparently so. This picks up with Blaze living in Europe whilst a demon is trying to find a boy named Danny. I really felt Roarke was a weak and very lame villain. There wasn't much too his character; hell the jackass Carrigan had a bit more personality than him. I thought Idris Elba was decent enough. I quite liked his character. Sadly Nic Cage's acting dooms this movie. And that's the problem. He's not playing Johnny Blaze, he's playing Nicolas Cage; this over-the-top caricature of that he's become in recent years. Not to mention Neveldine/Taylor made some really odd editing decisions.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yup, that movie was a disaster.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I love Ghost Rider, but that sequel hurt my heart..  :(

Lie

Lie

^Same, didn't mind the first film too much

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 07, 2012, 12:04:25 AM

Oh boy what a bad film this was. I mean was it even possible for this to be worse than 2007's Ghost Rider? Apparently so. This picks up with Blaze living in Europe whilst a demon is trying to find a boy named Danny. I really felt Roarke was a weak and very lame villain. There wasn't much too his character; hell the jackass Carrigan had a bit more personality than him. I thought Idris Elba was decent enough. I quite liked his character. Sadly Nic Cage's acting dooms this movie. And that's the problem. He's not playing Johnny Blaze, he's playing Nicolas Cage; this over-the-top caricature of that he's become in recent years. Not to mention Neveldine/Taylor made some really odd editing decisions.

Idris's role was crap but his was about the only good thing in that film everything else was a let down.

Prometheus, after watching the Furious Gods Making of special.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 07, 2012, 12:04:25 AM

Is it just me or did the special effects in the first one look better than it's "sequel"?

Quote from: Amaterasu on Nov 07, 2012, 12:08:32 AM
I love Ghost Rider, but that sequel hurt my heart..  :(

Look here and now you'll forget it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed