Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,102 times)

Aspie

Aspie

I appreciated all of the video game allusions, but I thought it had a skeleton of a plot and also didn't actually capture all the video game character's essence, which was probably an effort to dodge any conflict with the differing companies that let disney use these characters. It was dissapointing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on Nov 04, 2012, 03:54:29 AM
I appreciated all of the video game allusions, but I thought it had a skeleton of a plot and also didn't actually capture the video game characters, which was probably an effort to dodge any conflict with the differing companies that let disney use these characters. It was dissapointing.

I can respect your thoughts about the essence of the real video game characters, but felt that that wasn't really the point of the movie.

And while the plot wasn't exactly anything new or special, I felt that the presentation of it was superb. I really did love the movie, and had a blast watching it.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 04, 2012, 03:58:29 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Nov 04, 2012, 03:54:29 AM
I appreciated all of the video game allusions, but I thought it had a skeleton of a plot and also didn't actually capture the video game characters, which was probably an effort to dodge any conflict with the differing companies that let disney use these characters. It was dissapointing.

I can respect your thoughts about the essence of the real video game characters, but felt that that wasn't really the point of the movie.

And while the plot wasn't exactly anything new or special, I felt that the presentation of it was superb. I really did love the movie, and had a blast watching it.

I'm not saying it wasn't enjoyable, but for a movie that anyone could've predicted the story and conclusion, I was kind of investing in my favorite retro video game characters coming to life briefly. They were just shells :(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, I wouldn't say I saw everything coming.

Spoiler
The revelation that King Candy was Turbo completely took me by surprise.
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 04, 2012, 04:04:48 AM
Well, I wouldn't say I saw everything coming.

Spoiler
The revelation that King Candy was Turbo completely took me by surprise.
[close]

Well not exactly everything. I guess I was just hoping to finally discover the personalities of these characters in depth.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Halloween (1978)

Halloween II (1981)

Can't pick a favorite when it comes to these two. Both are excellent horror movies. I love the hospital setting in Halloween II. This would have been the perfect end for the Halloween series. But if it had to continue, H20 is a worthy sequel as well. Gonna give that one a re-watch soon enough as well.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Shaun of the Dead

Absolutely wonderful. I love this movie. The amount of detail put into this thing is astonishing; I've seen it at close to a dozen times, I'm sure, and I still get something new out of it with each subsequent viewing.

Gah, I can't wait for the final chapter in the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 04, 2012, 06:55:35 PM
Shaun of the Dead

Absolutely wonderful. I love this movie. The amount of detail put into this thing is astonishing; I've seen it at close to a dozen times, I'm sure, and I still get something new out of it with each subsequent viewing.

I love that movie.

First Blood

First Blood

Death at a Funeral (2007)

For the most part, I thought this was pretty enjoyable. The cast were relatively unknowns but there were a few familiar faces. And the comedy was great, some of which was very dark at times. I kind of loved how things would go from bad to worse; as each of these dysfunctional characters would come in and out of scenes during the film. The film really takes off when Peter comes to the funeral, and discusses his secret to Daniel. Again, that situation goes from bad to worse, and its hilarious watching the characters deal with it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 04, 2012, 07:28:59 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 04, 2012, 06:55:35 PM
Shaun of the Dead

I love that movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hRqsIX8ouw#

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 03, 2012, 06:16:01 PM
That ain't no Constantine, damn it. :laugh:

Shit, I thought it resembled Constantine from the comics. Is it Supernatural then? :D

Yeah, I'll get to T3... eventually....perhaps.... maybe....

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Nov 04, 2012, 09:45:58 PMhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc7egdBdDc1rgaunho6_r1_400.jpg

Shit, I thought it resembled Constantine from the comics. Is it Supernatural then? :D

Yeah, I'll get to T3... eventually....perhaps.... maybe....
Yeah, it's Castiel from Supernatural. On the other hand, the creators of the show based his look on Constantine after they were refused to use that character in the show.

Did you get the chance to watch Halloween II by the way?

Eva

Eva

Ah, well I guess I'm kind of excused then... sorta ;)

No, we didn't get around to Halloween II. Nobody was in the mood for another film night, so we went outside in the back garden and camped around a barbeque grill to keep warm. :D

I wanna re-watch it soon though - I read your thoughts on the Halloween movies.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: Eva on Nov 04, 2012, 09:56:53 PM
Ah, well I guess I'm kind of excused then... sorta ;)

No, we didn't get around to Halloween II. Nobody was in the mood for another film night, so we went outside in the back garden and camped around a barbeque grill to keep warm. :D

I wanna re-watch it soon though - I read your thoughts on the Halloween movies.

Don't worry, we've all biehn there.  ;)

Taxemic

Taxemic

3 good'ens.

Skyfall.

Looper.

American Beauty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed