Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,153 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Pilot creature deleted from The Thing. Clicky

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Worst. Scene cutting choice. Ever.

Eva

Eva

Well.... wouldn't it somewhat defeat the purpose of the thing, if you reveal what it looks like sans disguise? I just think your own imagination can do it better than any prop design. You project our own 'personal nightmares' onto the thing, making it a lot more horrific.

Btw - has anyone here seen a horror film called The Woman and if so, what did you think of it?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I thought it was supposed to be just the previous victims of the 'Thing' entity, it's takeover being what caused them to crash.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Eva on Oct 31, 2012, 11:47:30 PM
Well.... wouldn't it somewhat defeat the purpose of the thing, if you reveal what it looks like sans disguise? I just think your own imagination can do it better than any prop design. You project our own 'personal nightmares' onto the thing, making it a lot more horrific.

Btw - has anyone here seen a horror film called The Woman and if so, what did you think of it?

I have. I thought it was a great indie horrror flick.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 31, 2012, 11:50:44 PM
I thought it was supposed to be just the previous victims of the 'Thing' entity, it's takeover being what caused them to crash.

Ah, ok. Problem is though, the audience might not make that connection - they might believe that's what the thing looks like. Cue, exposition scene with the humans looking at it - 'So, this has to be what the pilot, whom the thing must have assimilated, looked like'  ;)

Thx Aspie - AICN voted The Woman one of the best horror films released since last Halloween, so I'm going to check it out.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958) - 7/10

Legion of the Dead (2005) - 4/10

Vepariga

Vepariga

End Of Days

not Arnies best but alright. Bit slower then I remembered it.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Tower Heist [2011]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Eva on Oct 31, 2012, 11:59:31 PM
they might believe that's what the thing looks like.
That is precisely why the real dead Pilot was there.

severen76

severen76

Dracula and The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I absolutely love Creature. I'd be very excited to hear Stephen Sommers was directing the long touted remake. He did such a good job with The Mummy remake I could only imagine what he'd do to a modern version of Creature.

I'm currently watching the Karloff Mummy. Me and the GF are working our way through the Universal boxset.

NavyReservist

NavyReservist

Girl vs Monster.... Is it just me but are these movies becoming more obsessed with singing come on where's the scare factor? Oh wait there is none ugh!

First Blood

First Blood

Duran Duran: A Diamond in the Mind (2011)

This was great. Simon Le Bon and Co. rocked Manchester. A nice little collection Pop/Rock/and New Wave. It's as if the 80s never left.

*fights off Eva's taunts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNH7B_JdBA#

Eva

Eva

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 01, 2012, 05:02:09 PM
*fights off Eva's taunts.
I would never... and I deeply resent such a completely unsubstantiated accusation! ::)

PS: You won't find any taunts from me down there.

Spoiler

;D
[close]

Taxemic

Taxemic

Just watched the 2012 Total Recall. Pretty much exactly the same story as the old one, only there's no Mars, no Johnny Cab, and no Schwarzenegger. Still...at least they kept whole "you'll wish you had 3 hands" scene. 5/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed