Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,090,378 times)

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Oct 11, 2012, 11:48:10 PM
Watched Prometheus today. Still an amazing movie. Sure it has flaws, but so does TDKR, and that's a good movie too! All in all, I still enjoy watching Prometheus  :)

This. Just watched Prometheus and looking back on Alien and even that has flaws eg Kane putting his face near an open alien egg and knocking over a few eggs. Overall a good film with excellent cinematography and music.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Terx2 on Oct 12, 2012, 06:39:28 AM
looking back on Alien and even that has flaws eg Kane putting his face near an open alien egg and knocking over a few eggs.
I don't see how those are flaws.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 12, 2012, 06:51:32 AM
Quote from: Terx2 on Oct 12, 2012, 06:39:28 AM
looking back on Alien and even that has flaws eg Kane putting his face near an open alien egg and knocking over a few eggs.
I don't see how those are flaws.

Some people believe the alien eggs open to movement and pressure. Also the eggs aren't soild when he hits it. Would you put your face so close to an alien egg or even a alien snake?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

An egg? Yes, assuming I was there for scientific research and not assuming the thing was going to leap out with incredible speed and f**k my face... which seems like a fair assumption. And the cause of them opening is irrelevant in the moment seeing as Kane doesn't even know what makes it open.

wow that was a long argument about Lie's joke

anyway
Cabin in the Woods - Fantastic!

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

In the Mouth of Madness - 8.5/10 - A hidden Carpenter gem! It's one the freakiest and craziest horror films I've ever seen. It has some editing quirks and leaves maybe a bit too much left to interpretation but I found it to be a pleasant surprise overall. Also dat ending.

Clash of the Titans (the original) - 7/10 - Overrated! It's definitely good classic adventure fun and the stop-motion work is amazing, but the flawed pacing and terribly anticlimatic finale bring it down. I expected a bit more. Still miles better than the atrocious remake.

Keg

Keg

Lockout. 7/10

I'm a fan of alot of Luc Besson's work, wether he's directing, writing or producing so I was looking forward to this. I'd heard alot of people were disapionted with this, much like I was with Colombiana but I enjoyed this alot. Felt like a good old fashioned actioner with a wise cracking lead character. There was some great set pieces and I did get a sense of Die Hard in space. I have one big gripe with the film and its an early action scene that had me extremely worried for the rest of the film. Theres a pretty exciting chase on a futuristic motorbike along a motorway and theres utter mayhem along the way, car's flipping and helicopters exploding. But the CG is so bad and the hwole thing is speeded up to such an extent that it looks comical. Its absolutely atrocious but thankfully nothing like that appears in the rest of the film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 11, 2012, 09:58:44 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 11, 2012, 09:08:22 PMWolf

Probably my favorite werewolf movie and one of the first I ever saw.

First time watching it?
Yup! Missed out.
Not really a standard film of that kind... it's much more a character piece with parallelisms and all that.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 12, 2012, 07:15:30 AM
An egg? Yes, assuming I was there for scientific research and not assuming the thing was going to leap out with incredible speed and f**k my face... which seems like a fair assumption. And the cause of them opening is irrelevant in the moment seeing as Kane doesn't even know what makes it open.

Incredible speed and f**k my face. Hahahahahahaahah

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

RoboCop 2
Pretty underrated film! This is the kind of sequel that I like: strict continuity, recurring characters, mantained themes (even though the dark comedy is more dominant here than it was in Verhoeven's film). Also Tippett's fx once again were top notch and I loved the ED-209 cameos -- though the film needed more of the old Droid! Of course RoboCop 2 ain't perfect, still has some issues, but it is definitely a worthy sequel, though not as great as the first chapter.

Edvin

Edvin

DREDD 3D

oh mah lawd.

Classic action film in the sense of robocop, cobra, die hard and more, but it had the suspense of the original predator.
acting, script, soundtrack was phenomenal. loved it!

8,5/10

First Blood

First Blood

The Return of the Living Dead (1984)

Ah, Dan O'Bannon. I want climb the highest mountains and proclaim my love for you. I just finished watching this for the first time and loved it. When a military type nerve gas is released, it reanimates the dead, and that's where the fun begins! This is a quintessential B-movie. But that's what made it so goddamn fun to watch. Take for example the scene when Frank is screaming hysterics whilst hitting a zombified dog with a bat; completely over the top. But my favorite moments were in the mortuary – where our characters are trying to survive, whilst going hysterical. It's a great blend of humor and horror. And I thought the soundtrack was awesome.

I am gonna have to pick this up on Blu-ray. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

That movie is awesome. Just goes to show you should never kick something that looks like it's ready to fall apart. :laugh:

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 12, 2012, 09:51:29 PMI am gonna have to pick this up on Blu-ray. :laugh:

8)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Cujo [1983]

I loved this movie, it made my heart race and a crap ton of other things. Sadly enough, it scared some other people I know so bad that they hate dogs now..

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 12, 2012, 09:51:29 PM
I am gonna have to pick this up on Blu-ray. :laugh:

Try and get the UK disc if you can. It comes with the original mono soundtrack.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed