Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,090,485 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 20, 2012, 05:42:59 AM
Grave of the Fireflies – 10/10

This has to be the saddest movie I have seen in a long long LONG time.... I cried multiple times ....
Its based on World War 2 bombing on Kobe Japan

Spoiler

I'm planning on watching that eventually but based on what I've read I think it'd be best saved for a day when I'm really feeling down, or sick.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Haywire

Not really sure how to feel about this. There was nothing wrong with this movie, yet it never really caught my full interest. I wouldn't exactly call Gina Carano a good actress, but she had this dangerous and sexy aura to her that I found appealing. And the fight scenes were really well done of course.

I didn't quite get why she was sold out though. Was it personal from Kenneth's side, since she left him? I also found her sidekick in the first half of the movie somewhat unnecessary. He reminded me of Shia LaBeouf and that is not a good thing.

7/10

First Blood

First Blood

Her and her team rescued Jiang from that apartment complex. But as it turned out – she in fact kidnapped him from the apartment so Kenneth/Paul can get a hold of him, hence why she finds him dead in that barn. When she finds out, she realizes she's been set up.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Hudson on Apr 18, 2012, 11:26:22 PM
Quote from: Keg on Apr 18, 2012, 08:54:44 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT watch the third film where pretty much the entire cast, bar the guy who plays lurch, are replaced. Tim Curry instead of Raul Julia? f**k off!

Eh, didn't they not have a choice? Because...I don't know...he was dead?

Wasnt just that. It was a cheap, shitty sequel with none of the original cast. Even if he was still alive when they made it (not sure if it was before he passed or not) he still wouldnt have been in the film.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 20, 2012, 09:34:19 PMHer and her team rescued Jiang from that apartment complex. But as it turned out – she in fact kidnapped him from the apartment so Kenneth/Paul can get a hold of him, hence why she finds him dead in that barn. When she finds out, she realizes she's been set up.

Yeah, but why set her up to begin with? If these guys wanted Jiang dead, surely there must be some other way to get that done? He only had two bodyguards with him. They could have sent pretty much any goon to take care of them.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 20, 2012, 09:39:28 PM
Yeah, but why set her up to begin with? If these guys wanted Jiang dead, surely there must be some other way to get that done? He only had two bodyguards with him. They could have sent pretty much any goon to take care of them.

Yeah, I guess that's true. But he was going to publish a series of articles on Studer. Kenneth arranged for Jiang once kidnapped to fall into the hands of both Studer and Rodrigo. They had Jiang killed and framed Mallory as a double agent, hence why Paul attacked her. If she was dead it would cut off all ties with Jiang and her involvement in kiddnapping him.

I do agree with you -- that they could have just sent any old thug to get the guy but there wouldn't be much of a movie otherwise. It's just one of those things where the script dictates something more complicated in order to tell the story.

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's why I suspect that Kenneth had a personal motivation for sending her. I guess he was butthurt after their break-up.

Prime113

Prime113

Hard Target 7/10 - Damn! I love me some bad guy Lance Henriksen. Really, hes the main reason why I watched this movie, and he didn't fail. It was quite weird hearing Van Damme speak with a southern accent, I don't see why they couldn't have re-wrote his character once he came on board. But, the action scenes were awesome, and that's all I really needed to enjoy my self after no sleep for a full day.  :)

Oh, yeah - Lance Henriksen!

First Blood

First Blood

That's pretty good. Even the bit when Van Damme punches a snake in the face. :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 20, 2012, 11:42:35 PM
That's pretty good. Even the bit when Van Damme punches a snake in the face. :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that seen.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 20, 2012, 11:44:00 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 20, 2012, 11:42:35 PM

:laugh: Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqvmUt5AU4s#

Effectz

Effectz

Retard O tron.

Something i can never take back.

Keg

Keg

I had a mad crush on Yancy Butler (and her eyebrows) after seeing that film as a kid. Hadn't seen her in anything since and then I spotted her as Ralph Fiennes wife in, In Bruges.

Ummm yeah that's all I was gonna say!

Shasvre

Shasvre

A Lonely Place to Die

A group of five friends goes hiking in the Scottish Highlands and encounter a young girl buried in a hole. As they trie to get her back to civilization, they are pursued by the people that put here there. This was a pretty solid thriller, with good performances all around. I really liked it as long as it took place in the wilderness, but I think it lost quite a bit when they moved the action into the small town the last twenty minutes or so.

6/10

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Cowboys & Aliens - 6/10
The Bourne Identity - 8/10
The Bourne Supremacy - 7/10
The Bourne Ultimatum - 7.5/10
From Paris With Love - 7/10
The Crazies - 6.5/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed