Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,274 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2011, 06:37:35 PMTrue Grit

A downright fantastic western brought to us courtesy of the Coen Brothers. Jeff Bridges plays Rooster Cogburn - a drunken U.S. Marshal with stories to tell and people to kill. He's tasked with trying to bring in a fugitive and in the process is aided by a Texas Ranger - LaBoeuf played by Matt Damon.

First off - Jeff Bridges was great and the actress that played Mattie Ross was outstanding. My only complaint is that the final confrontation between Mattie, Cogburn, LaBoeuf - when they finally track down Chaney was rather short. We really don't get to see Chaney do much, so in a way I couldn't care less if he lived or died, simply because there wasn't enough substance behind his character for me to hate him. 

8/10

I love that movie and as you said, and outstanding performance from Hailee Steinfeld. It's hard to believe that was her first major movie. I'm usually having a hard time thinking of Jeff Bridges as anything else than, well, Jeff Bridges, but this time he really sold me with his performance as well. I guess it takes the Coen Brothers to truly bring out the greatness in him. :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 11, 2011, 06:39:04 PM
I love that movie and as you said, and outstanding performance from Hailee Steinfeld. It's hard to believe that was her first major movie. I'm usually having a hard time thinking of Jeff Bridges as anything else than, well, Jeff Bridges, but this time he really sold me with his performance as well. I guess it takes the Coen Brothers to truly bring out the greatness in him. :laugh:

I love the scene when he's throwing the food in the air trying to shoot it - while drunk.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Trick 'r Treat - First time seeing this and it was great. Four creepy and well told tales of horror. I particularly liked the one with Dylan Baker and the one with Anna Paquin was nice as well. I could tell there was more to her than one would first suspect, but the twist was unexpected and fun. The other tales were great as well and I quite liked the masked little creature. As for the old man played by Brian Cox...

Spoiler
I guessed he was the bus driver right away.
[close]

Rating - 8/10

r888

r888

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 11, 2011, 10:22:43 PM
Trick 'r Treat - First time seeing this and it was great. Four creepy and well told tales of horror. I particularly liked the one with Dylan Baker and the one with Anna Paquin was nice as well. I could tell there was more to her than one would first suspect, but the twist was unexpected and fun. The other tales were great as well and I quite liked the masked little creature. As for the old man played by Brian Cox...

Spoiler
I guessed he was the bus driver right away.
[close]

Rating - 8/10

Thats a great film I like sam

Requiem28

Requiem28

Despicable Me  9/10

Enjoyed this one.  Haven't seen a major animated film from Universal in a long time.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Recently watched In Bruges, Dirty Harry and Alien From the Deep. The first was fantastic - genuinely hilarious and demented, the second is still THE definitive cop movie, and the third features a giant claw monster from outer space spraying people with acidic gas.

What's not to love?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The first two of those, I love. The third, alas, I have yet to see.

severen76

severen76

The Sum of All Fears.

First time seeing it and I didn't really like it at all. Affleck seemed far too naive to be a young Ryan and to be fair he wasn't given a lot to do. The story didn't flow and it felt like 2 or 3 different films mixed together.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 13, 2011, 01:23:59 AM
Recently watched In Bruges

You don't know Karate.

*slap*

:laugh:

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The whole film had me rolling. :D

And Farrell is quickly becoming one of my favourite actors.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 13, 2011, 01:26:12 AM
The first two of those, I love. The third, alas, I have yet to see.

Well I hadn't even heard of it until recently, thanks to a US DVD release. I don't think it's been treated too kindly on video over the years.

r888

r888

Hands down 10/10

Keg

Keg

Detroit Rock City 8/10

Funnier than I remembered.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: r888 on Nov 13, 2011, 04:54:15 AM
Hands down 10/10

knuckle touch

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)
One of the finest 70s suspense films and still one of Carpenter's greatest.
Cine-Meter, 8/10
Mono-Meter, 10/10

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Rango - 9.1/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed