Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,091,191 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Haha thanks, I never would have guessed it was them. :D

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I just dug up an old thread in the General Films board devoted to Romero's dead films. Hadn't been touched since prior to the remake of "Day" came out, or Romero's own "Survival".

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

I just watched Diary of the Dead  :-X 5.5/10

Survival is extremely terrible I hear, so I'm watching it with no expectations at all.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The Cowboy Way

I NEED to buy it! I missed some bits but I really liked it. 8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCqSpyLsyq0#

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Day of the Dead (remake): 1.5 out of 10 - i don't know why i decided to watch it after we all bashed it. It popped up on my Netflix and I figured i mind as well give it a rewatch. It didn't piss me off as much as the first time i saw probably b/c i knew what to expect. Still terrible though...

Jackie Chan's Project A: 7 out of 10 - the rating is almost meaningless. It was a good fun old school Jackie Chan movie. Passes the time nicely.

Gamer: 1 out of 10 - Holy Shit. This movie was f**king terrible...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Wrecked: Adrian Brody wakes up after a car crash. No memory of what happened, he's in the woods, and he's trapped. Oh, and there's a dead man in the back seat.

Very, very good, with a great performance.

First Blood

First Blood

Conan The Barbarian (1982) Blu-ray

What is best in life? Conan on Blu-ray! This film is simply magnificent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UChMJ14dQNs#

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Creepshow: 8.5 out of 10

Survival of the Dead: 3 out of 10 - not as bad as i remember actually...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Chinatown 10/10

A classic noir film in every way. Hit all the major beats, but kept things fresh and unexpected. Full of great cinematography and good performances.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The Dark Knight
With the exception of Bale's Batman voice, this was very good. Not exactly my kind of film, but its influence on recent pop culture is well deserved. I except this and Begins to grow on me in the coming years.
Cine-Meter, 9/10
Mono-Meter, 8/10

Repo-The Genetic Opera
I can see why this would be a guilty pleasure and even a favorite to some people, but if The Dark Knight deserved its posotive reception, this more than deserves the flogging it got.
Cine-Meter, 4/10
Mono-Meter, 3/10

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Survival of the Dead 2.5/10

Well that was shit. :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights - 7/10

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Monsters: 6.5 out of 10 - pretty good for being so low budget. More of a character drama than anything else and a pretty good one at that. Still, it was a little too slow at times.

Dance of the Dead: 6 out of 10 - suitably entertaining. Not great, but not bad. It had a very tongue in cheek vibe which worked pretty well throughout. Truly i can't find many faults with it but a film of this nature was only ever going to be so good.

Deadgirl: 5 out of 10 - started off quite promising actually. The potential was there, but the film grew rather tiresome and dragged on towards the end.

Cherry 2000: 8 out of 10 - just wonderful. Melanie Griffith is smoking hot. This film is a lost classic of the 80's. I'd certainly recommend it.

TheDevilsAce

TheDevilsAce

The Smurfs - I did it as a challenge presented by RazorSlash. God what a terrible hour and 20 minutes in the theater I felt like every brain cell had killed it self while I was watching it.
1/10

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
A delightfully messed up film with wonderful characters and a slamming soundtrack. There is a reason this film has survived all this time. It is a thing of perverted genius.
Cine-Meter, 8/10
Mono-Meter, 10/10

Shock Treatment
The understandibly overlooked but unfairly hated "sequel" to Rocky Horror has a great soundtrack and a good cast put in a visually spectacular set. It does however lack a lot of the heart of the original, but not so much to make it bad.
Cine-Meter, 6/10
Mono-Meter, 6.5/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed