Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,090,467 times)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Lolz yeah it's my favorite too
Spoiler
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 01, 2011, 11:20:31 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 01, 2011, 02:41:32 AM
Face / Off Cage-Travolta/10
Spoiler

This film was just... just awesome. Essentially, John Travolta plays an FBI agent who has been tracking down Castor Troy (Cage), a terrorist wanted for an insane number of felonies. As a bonus, Troy also murdered Travolta's son. So we got a revenge story goin' here. Alright, so Travolta takes down Cage in what is one of the most ridiculous (and therefore awesome) chases I have seen in a movie (it involved numerous cars, a helicopter, and a small plane) which then leads to a gunfight. Between John Travolta. And Nicolas Cage. Oh my gods, I didn't think this could get any better. (But it does.) Long story short, Travolta wins, Cage is in a coma, and everybody's happy...

But...

Turns out Cage had hidden a very powerful nerve gas bomb that could kill thousands. In order to find out where it's hidden, Travolta undergoes a top-secret medical procedure that results in Travolta wearing Cage's face. Y'know, as an impostor. Find the bomb, 'n shit. He finds out where it's hidden, but then...

Cage wakes up from his coma, and is surprised to discover he no longer posses a face. However, he finds Travolta's conveniently nearby, and then forces the procedure to be done on him. So now Cage has Travolta's face. And then he kills everybody who knew about Travolta's undercover op. So, yeah, TravoltaCage is f**ked.

Now, about here is where I almost passed out from sheer awesome. John Travolta was now Nicolas Cage. Nicolas Cage was now John Travolta. Travolta was Cage, Cage was Travolta, they were morphing together into a superentity... It blew my mind. And was f**king great.
[close]

Now you must seek out Hard Target. It's not as polished as F/O, but there's still plenty of awesome Woo action (and you get to see Van Damme fight Lance Henriksen).

And Broken Arrow for your next fix of Woo-directed Travolta villainy!

QuoteLance Henriksen as Emil Fouchon: A wealthy sportsman who hunts homeless former soldiers for sport.

I must seek this out...

I MUST WATCH THIS.

Keg

Keg

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You'd never seen Face/Off until now and you've never seen Hard Target either?

Hard Target is amazing. Its 90 minutes of Van Damme doing slow motion roundhouse kicks while wearing tight jeans (foreshadowing of his current Coors advert perhaps?).

And its got a woman in it that I had a stupid teenage crush on for years despite the fact she has off putting eyebrows. Yes im talking about Yancy Butler!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_D2PYqk9cM#

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh my--

I think I know what I'm watching next with friends.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie - 6.5/10

Requiem28

Requiem28

Source Code - 9/10

clever synopsis.

Don't see those too often nowadays

Prime113

Prime113

Tropic Thunder 9/10 Freakin love this movie. RDJ is masterful in his role.

BobGrill

BobGrill

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jul 31, 2011, 10:11:27 PM
Shark Attack 3: Megalodon 10/10

What? I needed a good laugh today.

Lmao. Remember the jet ski scene?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteI must seek this out...

I MUST WATCH THIS.

It IS pretty much damn entertaining for sure. JCVD rocks, but Henriksen is the best, you'll see :D

I saw From Paris with love (2010)

:D :D

I laughed my ass off, sweet movie. 8/10

Next time I tell you to shoot the f**ker.... shoot the f**ker!

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: BobGrill on Aug 02, 2011, 06:09:05 AM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Jul 31, 2011, 10:11:27 PM
Shark Attack 3: Megalodon 10/10

What? I needed a good laugh today.

Lmao. Remember the jet ski scene?

Hell yeah :D

Nope

Nope

Shawshank Redemption

Wow. A fantastic, beautiful film.

Spoiler
I kept expecting some event to happen that would take a giant crap on everything. Like, Red never getting across the border, or Andy gets in a random car crash or is dirt broke when Red gets there and has abandoned all hope. But no. There was an actual happy ending!
[close]

Vakarian

Vakarian

Sunshine (2007) - Danny Boyle

This film has definetly got to be one of the most stunning visual sci-fi films I have seen recently, (aside from Tron:Legacy) the dark tone of the film was very well conceived and the zero grav sequences did look very authentic and nice to look at. I've always enjoyed space films where everything goes to shit and the fact that the film is all about our sun dying and one ship (Icarrus I ) had failed it's mission, I was sure it would deliver.

The methods and style of Danny Boyle is always brilliant in my opinion, most notably in this film, when Cillian Murphy's character "Capa" falls over in the suit, and attempts to stand back up, DB had crew hold down Cillian to emphasize his struggling which was well received on the inside helmet cam.

The cast of the film features 28 Days Later actor Cillian Murphy (Who plays "Scarecrow" in the Christoper Nolan Batman films.) Who worked very well in 28 Days later.  Most of the other actors did a good job and died according to their character which was pretty cool.

The only thing I never liked about this film was the ending, it seemed tacky somehow, and wasn't well thought out in my opiinion.

Overall I would give this film a 8/10 and is a must watch for any sci-fi fan

Kick Ass, it's one of my favourite ever movies.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Sierra on Aug 02, 2011, 02:17:48 PM
Sunshine (2007) - Danny Boyle

This film has definetly got to be one of the most stunning visual sci-fi films I have seen recently, (aside from Tron:Legacy) the dark tone of the film was very well conceived and the zero grav sequences did look very authentic and nice to look at. I've always enjoyed space films where everything goes to shit and the fact that the film is all about our sun dying and one ship (Icarrus I ) had failed it's mission, I was sure it would deliver.

The methods and style of Danny Boyle is always brilliant in my opinion, most notably in this film, when Cillian Murphy's character "Capa" falls over in the suit, and attempts to stand back up, DB had crew hold down Cillian to emphasize his struggling which was well received on the inside helmet cam.

The cast of the film features 28 Days Later actor Cillian Murphy (Who plays "Scarecrow" in the Christoper Nolan Batman films.) Who worked very well in 28 Days later.  Most of the other actors did a good job and died according to their character which was pretty cool.

The only thing I never liked about this film was the ending, it seemed tacky somehow, and wasn't well thought out in my opiinion.

Overall I would give this film a 8/10 and is a must watch for any sci-fi fan

Pretty much everybody, myself included have said the same thing about the ending. It jsut slightly spoils the film because it doesnt work. Although the very last few shots are wonderful with Capa standing there as the bomb goes off with time slowed down to billionths of a second as if hes taking it all in and then simply cutting away to a snow filled park with his last transmission playing as suddenly everything becomes a little brighter.

That last minute for me redeems the 20 minutes of that came before it with the slasher movie ending.

One of my favourite films of all time.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Shobidoo on Aug 02, 2011, 02:06:17 PM
Shawshank Redemption

Wow. A fantastic, beautiful film.

Spoiler
I kept expecting some event to happen that would take a giant crap on everything. Like, Red never getting across the border, or Andy gets in a random car crash or is dirt broke when Red gets there and has abandoned all hope. But no. There was an actual happy ending!
[close]
There really is a shortage of those. It is such a great feel good movie because of the hell that preceeds that amazing final scene. Without a doubt one of the finest Stephen King adaptations out there. It would have to be in order to be the top rated film on IMDB.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed