Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,090,460 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

King Kong (Middle Earth Edition Extended Edition)

Waaay too long, but love it still. Kong's battle royal V-Rex Ménage à trois floors me.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 23, 2011, 05:26:31 PM
Quote from: Aeus on May 23, 2011, 02:00:31 PM
You just love it 'cause it's the only film where Boba's a badass.

Special Edition DVD this time around.

Sigh. Love ya otherwise, Tem.

He was bad ass in Jedi until he tried the old 'rope-a-Jedi' maneuver. It was all downhill (and into a sarlacc) from there.

Temeura was the bomb in Moreau. "trip trap trip trap"

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 23, 2011, 05:44:55 PM
Kong's battle royal V-Rex Ménage à trois floors me.
Werd. Greatest show on Earth.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 23, 2011, 05:44:55 PM
He was bad ass in Jedi until he tried the old 'rope-a-Jedi' maneuver. It was all downhill (and into a sarlacc) from there.

Temeura was the bomb in Moreau. "trip trap trip trap"

Boba, like everyone else in Jedi except for Luke and Vader, got lobotomized off-screen after Empire. Dat nod though.

And yeah, Morrison is cooler than toast, but he's still not Boba cool. He redubbed the lines in a phone call! A speaker-phone call! :-X

DarkMajesty

DarkMajesty

I Am Number Four  10/10
I was very surprised by how entertaining this movie was.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Machine Gun Kelly.

That was awesome.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Source Code. 7/10

Nice concept, although got a little cheesy at times.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Johnny Mneumonic

That wasn't f**king Molly...

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Neh mon, Steppin' Razor got no mirrorshades when it's dot 90's garl beh playin her. Babylon, thru 'n thru.

Now ya read the short story dere, Case. Jah Love.

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Last movie I watched was Aliens ;D

Hubbs

Hubbs

Rhinoceros (1974)

Based on a play by Eugene Lonesco this film is pretty odd if you know nothing of the play its based on, I don't know the play so I did find the plot strange indeed and I can see why it was a failure upon release. This is a shame of course as all the sequences with Wilder and Mostel are comic genius, their facial expressions and body language is fantastic and show two men of comedy...one at his peak and one reaching for his peak.
I admit the whole film is pretty dull and uninteresting ACCEPT for the first 35min of the film, this start is sheer brilliance with Mostel on an epic performance that's off the scale with his stuck up, vain schmuck against Wilders timid, shy and weak 'Stanley'. The only other sequence in the film that's any worth is the second big scene with Wilder and Mostel where Mostel 'turns' into a Rhinoceros...yes that's right, but you don't see the rhino of course, this is an old film.

Hanky Panky (1982)

Very weak and lifeless comedy/murder/detective film which can't quite decide what it really wants to be overall, Wilder of course is a comic genius and Radner was also at her peak of powers but neither really come across as funny or interesting. The whole film is pretty dull with nothing much happening anywhere, one minute its a 'who done it?' the next its a slapstick farce? could work but here it simply doesn't and its a shame as everyone loves Wilder and wants to see him in good films.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Kingdom Of Heaven (Director's Cut): 9.5/10.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Heat (1995)

Well this was it, now 16 years old yet back in 95 this was THE film of the year for action, suspense and the two biggest, serious and some might say best actors of our time to face off, bust each others chops and see just who had the bigger impact, the biggest appeal and the hardest set of kahunas haha.

Much like 'Point Break' the film kicks off fast and doesn't let up till the credits role, its not continuous macho action like 'PB' as there is allot of build up and dialog involving the sting to get De Niro and his gang but when the action does hit its like a freight train in the face.

I haven't seen this since its cinematic release and thought it may have lost some edge...it hasn't, its razor sharp and hardly looks dated in anyway, it could of been made today, you could never tell apart from the actors age of course. So apart from Mr De Niro and Mr Pacino you have a big name cast of stoic solid character actors and Val Kilmer, to be honest everyone is perfect accept Sizemore and Kilmer for me, both of whom just don't fit this kind of epic slick heist film with Kilmer being too weak and not believeable whilst Sizemore fits B-movies or less intelligent action flicks..in my opinion.

The story arch is perfect and smoothly takes you from one plot point to another even having a small sub plot in a way with the character 'Waingro' who slips in and out of the main heist plot perfectly without causing any questions from the viewer. The film never lets you out as you struggle to decide who's side your on as the audience, do you root for De Niro as the criminal/anti hero type who finds love yet must give it up to survive or do you go for Pacino who is simply trying to keep his family life together and bust a dangerous gang of armed robbers? right to the end your never sure who to cheer for, its a personal choice almost like choosing your own ending.

The highlight of the film of course must be the fight fire just over midway on a busy main downtown street, from a quiet, calm yet tense sequence it suddenly erupts into a massive onslaught of loud gun fire from the automatic weapons as the criminals must duck, cover and evade police covering each other step by step. The sequence may be one of the best gun fights ever filmed with heart racing camera movement to cover all the actors and bullet holes that spray the police cars, its fast, loud and relentless plus it looks damn real too. Add to all this a tremendous moving score for the very end as the credits role after the two main men of the film finally lock horns and you have a near if not perfect film from Mann, probably his best. 

keylight-di

keylight-di

K- PAX - brilliant movie IMHO -> 9/10, every time I watch it.

Why?

The truth is for us in some way self-evident. Man trusts his senses, and also some general assertions about the world. We know that water is wet, fire is hot, and so on. With the theories, theses and cognitive schemes it's easier to move in the world and  to categorize reality.
But what happens when a new person, event, something that is completely new and different than that of this what so far encountered? If you don't have the proper script to name and decipher the phenomenon?
Interesting question, huh?

And everyone can find the answer, which he can accept... ;)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

District 9 10/10

Saw it in my P.E. class since we weren't doing anything today. What I really loved was that everyone in the class LOVED the movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Proof that not all of the classes today are composed of a 80% of idiots, haha.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: King Rathalos on May 24, 2011, 07:34:40 PM
District 9 10/10

Saw it in my P.E. class since we weren't doing anything today. What I really loved was that everyone in the class LOVED the movie.

Just rub it in my face, why don't ya! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed