Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,225 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, OK, that was good scene. Nice to see something new there.

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 29, 2010, 07:11:50 PM
Pteranodon scene for the win.

The only good thing about JP3, sadly...Well, that and seeing Grant and Ellie again after eight years. The rest was a disaster.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

One thing I ain't like of the film (and on which I'll never change opinion) is that they made Ellie married with another guy. I mean, it's pointless. All the buildup in Jp, for nothin'?

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 29, 2010, 07:09:58 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 28, 2010, 02:58:42 PM
No no no. The original movie was fantastic. And I love The Lost World too. JPIII was poor in comparison but was still a good sequel. Enough with the remakes and reboots of film franchies that dont need them. Just give us a sequel with the awesome ending of the novel where the whole ending gets carpet bombed.

JP 3 couldn't hold a candle to the first two. The stories were great, and the acting was, IMO, close to first-class. JP 3 felt like a group of teens just threw something in a pot and pulled it out. A new dinosaur was all that film had to offer.

Didnt claim it could hold a candle to the first two. it pales in comparison. But if you take it for what it is, its still an enjoyable monster movie. And its still alot better than other films in the genre. If it was a standalone adventure film, not related to jurassic park, would people have been so harsh? I dont think they would no. its an average, decent movie with a couple of great set pieces that make it worth a watch. But its certainly not horrible. Although the phone still ringing after the spinos eaten always makes me doubt why i defend it?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Keg on Jul 30, 2010, 12:08:01 PM
Although the phone still ringing after the spinos eaten always makes me doubt why i defend it?
Peter Pan reference.

Keg

Keg

It doesn't matter what it's a reference to, it doesn't belong and its ludicrous. So a phone that is now inside the stomach of a massive dinosaur is still in full working order and can recieve a signal? To top it off it rings so loudly that a group of people standing 100 ft away can hear it inside the dinosaur as though its right there in their pocket? Oh dear, how that was allowed to be left in the final movie is beyond me.  :-\

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 30, 2010, 11:54:24 AM
One thing I ain't like of the film (and on which I'll never change opinion) is that they made Ellie married with another guy. I mean, it's pointless. All the buildup in Jp, for nothin'?

I didn't mind that. That's realistic...people aren't necessarily with the same person they were with eight years ago.

Besides, gives a bit of a melancholy bent to Grant and Ellie in the film...

Sylizar

Sylizar

Quote from: Keg on Jul 30, 2010, 12:53:24 PM
It doesn't matter what it's a reference to, it doesn't belong and its ludicrous. So a phone that is now inside the stomach of a massive dinosaur is still in full working order and can recieve a signal? To top it off it rings so loudly that a group of people standing 100 ft away can hear it inside the dinosaur as though its right there in their pocket? Oh dear, how that was allowed to be left in the final movie is beyond me.  :-\

Bcause it's creepy as hell.

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

^^ Not quite the vibrating puddle of water, though, is it?  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sylizar on Jul 31, 2010, 12:12:12 AM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 30, 2010, 12:53:24 PM

Bcause it's creepy as hell.

It's creepy, but once you realize where it's coming from like Keg pointed out, you realize how stupid it really is.

First Blood

First Blood

I found it a bit of a stretch that the kid lasted as long as he did (without weapons) and the mercenaries were killed within 1 minute of showing up on the island.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Mercs can be stupid. Kids learn rather quickly.

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

But why was the kid still so f**king fat? I mean, not Noland fat, but still...

I think he ate Ben Hildebrant, (the guy hanging in the tree).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Had he done so, he probably would have died from his arteries clogging up.

Nope

Nope

IF they did a blu-ray dvd collection i would definatly buy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed