Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,671 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 08, 2010, 04:44:00 PM
Well at least their not Godzilla size which is good.
*Imagines Triceratops charging Godzilla*....
8) 8) 8)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Next Godzilla flick, right there!

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on May 08, 2010, 06:45:03 PM
As much as I love the series, I'm not really bothered about a new Jurassic Park film.

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't get off the ground. Especially if Joe Johnston is planning to direct again.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I had a few of the older JP comics. Are the new comics out yet?

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 08, 2010, 08:01:51 PM
As much as I love the series, I'm not really bothered about a new Jurassic Park film.

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't get off the ground. Especially if Joe Johnston is planning to direct again.

Eh, I won't mind. JP/// was no masterpiece but I always thought it was an enjoyable addition to the franchise. Except for the whole Spinosaurus bit.  ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What, you disliked the animal's inclusion or the fact that it offed the Rex? Coz usually the latter is the case.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on May 08, 2010, 08:37:33 PM
Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 08, 2010, 08:01:51 PM

Eh, I won't mind. JP/// was no masterpiece but I always thought it was an enjoyable addition to the franchise. Except for the whole Spinosaurus bit.  ::)

I don't know, I just didn't feel like it fit with the first two. It had some nice visuals, but the overall tone and the acting (especially from Tea Leoni and William H. Macy) just didn't work for me. I also disliked that they had to work a child into the story even after it'd been done in both previous movies. Also, the movie had almost no build-up to the major action, which I think even haters of TLW can admit that movie had more of.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2010, 09:39:37 PM
What, you disliked the animal's inclusion or the fact that it offed the Rex? Coz usually the latter is the case.

More or less how it was portrayed. It pursued the humans all across the island for no good reason -- at least the raptors had an excuse.  :-\

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on May 08, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2010, 09:39:37 PM

More or less how it was portrayed. It pursued the humans all across the island for no good reason -- at least the raptors had an excuse.  :-\

Yea, I can see your point. The Rex showed up in JP(1) when it was necessary. When the fences broke, when Muldoon and Ellie rescues Malcolm, it's still roaming around its habitat. As the film progresses it gets deeper into the park and other exhibits.

Spino:  "I'll just chase these people for the hell of it!"  :D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Didn't get to eat man meat very often, so I guess it was just making the most of the situation.

First Blood

First Blood

I just have trouble figuring out how it actually got on the island. Grant makes references that he didn't know the Spino was on InGen's list for dinosaurs to breed. Are we left to assume, while the events of the Lost World are taking place the Spino is a baby if that?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I guess that's possible. Or they just got lucky in LW.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Probably were lucky never to encounter it. As I recall, large parts of JP/// take place in wildly different locations from TLW -- I'm guessing the Spino's territory was in the bits we see in JP///, and it didn't leave during the events of TLW.

Skinner

Skinner

Spino's territory was the north side of the island while most of TLW happened on the south side.
(Isla Sorna Map)
http://www.jplegacy.org/encyc/maps/sorna.gif

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on May 08, 2010, 11:51:03 PM
I just have trouble figuring out how it actually got on the island. Grant makes references that he didn't know the Spino was on InGen's list for dinosaurs to breed. Are we left to assume, while the events of the Lost World are taking place the Spino is a baby if that?

Remember too that in JP, there were dinosaur embryos in the canisters that Nedry opened which, as far as we know, had not been bred. So a Spinosaurus on the island isn't too far-fetched.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed