Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,901 times)

SM

SM

:o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2010, 01:08:13 AM
The cinematic payoff is greater than any perceived lack of logic.  In that scene at least.

Oh hey, I can forgive the lack of logic. I just brought it up since we were discussing flubs.

First Blood

First Blood

Does JP Legacy provide a map of the park? I've always wanted to see the layout of the park. I am assuming the dock is *inside* the exhibit area, because Nedry opens the "Jurassic Park" gate and drives inside when he's trying to reach the dock.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 03, 2010, 09:56:50 PM
Quote from: Skinner on May 03, 2010, 09:45:58 PM
Do you think Tim would actually do something like this after what he experienced?

It would explain the gentler dinosaurs.

The "gentler" dinosaurs which happen to be Carnotaurus and other happy time friends who convientiently escape into the Texas wilderness.

:P

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 04, 2010, 03:02:56 AM
Quote from: SM on May 04, 2010, 01:08:13 AM
The cinematic payoff is greater than any perceived lack of logic.  In that scene at least.

Oh hey, I can forgive the lack of logic. I just brought it up since we were discussing flubs.

You can argue the logic but it's not a mistake.  You can also question the logic of Tim surviving the crash in the first place.  And a squillion other things - but where's the fun in that?

The Pointman

The Pointman

Why don't you guys all cheer up and watch the "Dodgson, We've Got Dodgson Here!" Remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc7RIs7okUQ

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: The Pointman on May 04, 2010, 07:20:32 AM
Why don't you guys all cheer up and watch the "Dodgson, We've Got Dodgson Here!" Remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc7RIs7okUQ

:D

The Pointman

The Pointman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxgAmdPQWg

You have to excuse Dr. Malcolm...

I hope he is in the fourth. He made the second watchable.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 04, 2010, 12:49:03 AM
Quote from: Keg on May 04, 2010, 12:34:50 AM
One thing that always bugs the shit out of me though and it has done since I first saw it is the ending of The Lost World. The T-Rex and the infant are in the hold, yet somehow everybody onboard the ship is torn to shreds. Theres even a severed hand holding onto the wheel in the bridge. Even if the T-Rex had gotten loose and then it went back into the hold and someone closed the doors before they died how the f**k did a massive T-Rex kill people inside the bridge without damaging the structure. Did it lift the roof off carefully, eat the poor sailors inside, put the roof back quietly, sneak back into the hold and sit waiting, pretending everythings fine? haha

Here's your explanation.

Pfft, chyeah...

Quote from: The Pointman on May 04, 2010, 07:55:52 AM
You have to excuse Dr. Malcolm...

I hope he is in the fourth. He made the second watchable.

well Alan Grant was in III, and he made it just as watchable, if not more so, from a lower starting point :P

Keg

Keg

Quote from: TJ Doc on May 04, 2010, 11:34:45 AM
One thing that always bugs the shit out of me though and it has done since I first saw it is the ending of The Lost World. The T-Rex and the infant are in the hold, yet somehow everybody onboard the ship is torn to shreds. Theres even a severed hand holding onto the wheel in the bridge. Even if the T-Rex had gotten loose and then it went back into the hold and someone closed the doors before they died how the f**k did a massive T-Rex kill people inside the bridge without damaging the structure. Did it lift the roof off carefully, eat the poor sailors inside, put the roof back quietly, sneak back into the hold and sit waiting, pretending everythings fine? haha

Here's your explanation.

Pfft, chyeah...

exactly pfft. that just says the exact same thing i said. The t-rex bust free, ate the crew and somebody managed to press the button before they died when it went back into the hold and trapped it again. But it still doesnt explain the hand in the bridge. that article cannot explain the dead people in the bridge and it even says so at the end of it.

The Pointman

The Pointman

Quote from: Keg on May 04, 2010, 06:51:43 PM
Quote from: TJ Doc on May 04, 2010, 11:34:45 AM

Here's your explanation.

Pfft, chyeah...

exactly pfft. that just says the exact same thing i said. The t-rex bust free, ate the crew and somebody managed to press the button before they died when it went back into the hold and trapped it again. But it still doesnt explain the hand in the bridge. that article cannot explain the dead people in the bridge and it even says so at the end of it.

It was probably other carnivores like the
Spoiler
Velociraptor.
[close]
I sh*t you not.

Keg

Keg

Velociraptors on the boat were not seen in the film, neither was anything about it mentioned by any character, therefore it did not happen. Its a mistake, pure and simple. It's implied that the crew were all killed by the T-Rex as it must have broken free from the hold. The dead guys hand holding the button suggests this. the T-Rex must have went back into the hold at some point and a mortally wounded crew member pressed the button to shut it again. That im fine with. It makes sense. Everybody went up on deck to try and get the T-Rex back into the hold and they all got their asses handed to them.
The arm in the bridge is a simpel visual f**k up that cant be explained. They put it there because it looked good and it was shocking. They didnt think that at the time that it made no sense at all. Its a flub, plain and simple and cant be explained rationally other than guessing and making up shit that we dont know. The film itself implies the T-Rex did it and nothing else.

First Blood

First Blood

I read somewhere that Spielberg originally wanted Raptors, hence the hand on the wheel. But at last minute changed to the T-Rex.

Keg

Keg

Suppose you could say the infant did it but the scene later on suggests that bloke who goes into the hold is its first kill.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed