Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,714 times)

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: Captain Salt on May 03, 2010, 09:05:42 PM
Info on Issue 2 on the new comic series:

Lex and Tim Murphy, the well-to-do grandchildren of dearly departed John Hammond, are all grown up and carrying on Hammond's legacy. While Lex is quelling a public outcry to re-open Jurassic Park, Tim is secretly helping create a new batch of kinder, gentler dinosaurs that are currently hatching in a secret location... until one leaves the nest and begins tearing up a small Texas town!

http://decomicshop.nl/jurassic-park-redemption-p-30768.html
Looks awesome! I can't wait for this...finally, some new JP stories!  8) :o
Dear god am I excited about this comic. I've been saying for years ( to nobody in particular) how good an idea this would be and they finally do it when I least expect it.  What's more, it's about Tim and Lex, the one plotline I really would like to see in a sequel, as theey're the only survivors who haven't gone back. W0000000T! ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Actually, Ellie never went back :P

But these comics look cool! I'm interested in reading all the other Jurassic Park comics now. I have a few, but no complete sets.

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2010, 10:14:47 PM

But these comics look cool! I'm interested in reading all the other Jurassic Park comics now. I have a few, but no complete sets.
I think they're available for download on the internet. It's not illegal because the company that made them is defunct. However, the adaptation of the first movie will be a graphic novel in September.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Jurassic-Park/Walter-Simonson/e/9781600107603/?itm=1&USRI=jurassic+park+graphic+novel

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: brennan4 on May 03, 2010, 10:32:04 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2010, 10:14:47 PM

I think they're available for download on the internet. It's not illegal because the company that made them is defunct. However, the adaptation of the first movie will be a graphic novel in September.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Jurassic-Park/Walter-Simonson/e/9781600107603/?itm=1&USRI=jurassic+park+graphic+novel

Cool! I have the first issue of the adaptation, 1 of Raptors, and 2, 3 and 4 of Raptors Attack.

brennan4

brennan4

JPLegacy should be able to help you out with getting the rest.

The Pointman

The Pointman

Quote from: First Blood on May 03, 2010, 09:56:31 PM
Quote from: Skinner on May 03, 2010, 09:45:58 PM
Do you think Tim would actually do something like this after what he experienced?

I think he had it worst than most of the characters (that survived). Grant, Malcolm, Lex, Ellie, Hammond.

The thought alone, of being stuck in an SUV and fall over a really high ledge and then becoming lodged in a tree would make me crap my pants!

Then only to be chased by the falling SUV when climbing down.  :o

Also, just think if you were in his shoes when the T-Rex and Raptors attacked him and Lex. Not to mention being electrocuted. Miracle he survived THAT.

First Blood

First Blood

Heh, I forgot about him being electrocuted, poor Tim  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on May 03, 2010, 11:35:47 PM
Heh, I forgot about him being electrocuted, poor Tim  :'(

That boy got scarred for life so much in that park. And I don't think he even made physical contact with a dinosaur!

First Blood

First Blood

He may have touched the sick Triceratops. But that was before his life turned into a living hell!

:D

Skinner

Skinner

He looked fine in The Lost World so it must not have scarred him too badly.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Skinner on May 03, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
He looked fine in The Lost World so it must not have scarred him too badly.

Therapy :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The tree sequence was a joke. Let's see, the trip just slipped, and is holding steady for God knows how long. Should we I dunno...climb down the side of the tree the car isn't facing!?

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 03, 2010, 11:55:09 PM
The tree sequence was a joke. Let's see, the trip just slipped, and is holding steady for God knows how long. Should we I dunno...climb down the side of the tree the car isn't facing!?
Good point, I never really thought of that, but since this is one of my favorite movies of all time, I choose to ignore you now.

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That just shows how great this film is. Despite the many mistakes, inconsistencies, and just general WTF moments, it doesn't detract from the overall quality.

Keg

Keg

Most of them arent really jarring as you watch are they. Sure sometimes they pop into your head later or while talking about the film, but while youre watching they dont normally register. If you watched all films with that level of scrutiny youd never be able to watch action movies at all.

One thing that always bugs the shit out of me though and it has done since I first saw it is the ending of The Lost World. The T-Rex and the infant are in the hold, yet somehow everybody onboard the ship is torn to shreds. Theres even a severed hand holding onto the wheel in the bridge. Even if the T-Rex had gotten loose and then it went back into the hold and someone closed the doors before they died how the f**k did a massive T-Rex kill people inside the bridge without damaging the structure. Did it lift the roof off carefully, eat the poor sailors inside, put the roof back quietly, sneak back into the hold and sit waiting, pretending everythings fine? haha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed