Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,213 times)

Keg

Keg

A size difference isnt as glaring? So making an animal/dinosaur 5 or 6 times as big isnt obvious? And the T-Rex had stronger Jaws than what?

Sylizar

Sylizar

Another thing going for the Spino though, was that it WAS bigger. It could've just knocked the T.Rex over and just stepped on his head a few times.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

So? I'm bigger than a wolverine; doesn't mean I could kill it easily.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Use a gun.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, yeah. But I'm talking mano-e-small furry creature.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Use a chainsaw.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Never mind.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i killed a dog once by letting it bite my hand and then pushing my arm down his throat.

it was a very big dog.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Good for you.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Apr 30, 2010, 06:23:02 PM
A size difference isnt as glaring? So making an animal/dinosaur 5 or 6 times as big isnt obvious? And the T-Rex had stronger Jaws than what?

The size difference isn't that major. Spinosaurus was at least 2 tons heavier than T.Rex, but in terms of physical height, the sail accounts for most of the extra height along with Spino's tail making up at least 40% of its length. And when I say stronger jaws, I mean strongest jaws of any land predator in history. The only two creatures with jaws more powerful than those of a T.Rex were Megalodon and Dunkleosteus.

The Pointman

The Pointman

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2010, 06:53:14 AM

The size difference isn't that major. Spinosaurus was at least 2 tons heavier than T.Rex, but in terms of physical height, the sail accounts for most of the extra height along with Spino's tail making up at least 40% of its length. And when I say stronger jaws, I mean strongest jaws of any land predator in history. The only two creatures with jaws more powerful than those of a T.Rex were Megalodon and Dunkleosteus.

You mean these guys?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeup.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2010, 06:53:14 AM

I wasnt referring to the size difference of the Spinosaurus. I was commenting on how people complain about the T-Rex not being able to beat the Spinosaurus. They say its massively innacurate because it has stronger jaws. So what? A boxer who has the stronger punch isnt guaranteed victory in every fight.

Yet these same people who complain about this arent bothered by the size difference of the Raptors compared to what they are in real life. The Raptors in the film are absolutely nothing like Velociraptors in reality. They're 5 or 6 times as big for a start. Yet nobody complains about that, but they bitch about the T-Rex not being able to beat the Spino.

What i'm saying is that the complete misinterpretation of the Velociraptor goes without scrutiny yet we get people whining on about one dinosaur being killed by another when its clearly the stronger of the two. Being the strongest, fastest, most agile etc doesnt mean its going to win every fight does it.

The hoorah over the Spinosaur is basically T-Rex fanboyism gone mad. You can't complain about one thing being innacurate and against the established facts and then ignore another that is arguably alot worse.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yes, we can. I grew up with velociraptors looking like that, so I'm fine with it. I also grew up with the T Rex being the baddest motherf**ker of them all. The Spino fight essentially took my childhood, and beat it with a tire iron. That is why I'm upset with it. They didn't even make it a close fight! If they'd at least done that, maybe we wouldn't have cared as much.

Keg

Keg

On that level I agree. What i'm disagreeing with is people using evidence as facts against the whole spino vs t-rex argument. Its pointless because JP has taken liberties for the sake of entertainment since the first movie. I agree and feel the same way that they shouldnt of killed off the t-rex like that and made the spino the main dino, but theres no point in bringing science into the argument and complaining about which one would have beaten which, because we all know that the science of it is screwed up way more than that in other areas. If you argue to the death that the T-Rex should have have won on the basis that it would be more accurate to the facts then you should also argue the Raptor should have been the size of a turkey.

I didnt like the direction JPIII went with the Spinosaurus as much as anyone but trying to bring facts into the argument is stupid. Its double standards if youre going to throw facts around to argue about something you didnt like, but then ignore the facts when its something you do like.

But for the record I whole heartedly agree with your statement. It was like taking an icon of the cinema and then belittling it. Hopefully with JP4 they'll realise that mistake and bring back the T-Rex as the main bad ass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed