Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,794 times)

Skinner

Skinner

Does anyone have one of these?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I wish I did. :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Yautja117 on Mar 18, 2010, 12:23:08 AM
Is it wrong to say I want someone talented to remake JP into a film closer to the book? I love the movie, but they're barely similar.

When did you ever see a movie based on a book that was completely similar? JP is the best you'll ever get, considering there were lines from the book that were verbatim in the film.

stephen

stephen

Silence of the Lambs was actually pretty damn close.

And The Rainmaker movie was actually better then the book in my opinion.

Keg

Keg

Both the Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons where extremely close to the books narrative and structure, as well as the events in them. Obviously they added and omitted things to make it work better on film. Personally I was baffled when they made Da Vinci Code because while a good read, I didnt think it would translate well to a movie and I dont think it did. However I found Angels & Demons a fast paced book which would have made an excellent thriller and sure enough the movie version was alot better than its predecessor. Angels & Demons is a much better book, I think the only reason The Da Vinci Code got all the hype and the movie pushed through was because of its twist and subject matter.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 18, 2010, 05:09:06 AM
Quote from: Yautja117 on Mar 18, 2010, 12:23:08 AM
Is it wrong to say I want someone talented to remake JP into a film closer to the book? I love the movie, but they're barely similar.

When did you ever see a movie based on a book that was completely similar? JP is the best you'll ever get, considering there were lines from the book that were verbatim in the film.
True. I still like them both though.

Alien³

Alien³

I prefer it if a film is nothing like the book its based off, then it still has the power to surprise me. Jurassic Park and The Lost World did this when I first saw them. I mean if you want the same story as the book read the book why do you need a film to do that for you?

Nychus

Nychus

I think The Lost World was a bit too different actually. It's not like it couldn't have kept the second team as Dodgson/King/Baselton and some of the other scenes like the Raptor chase and Carnotaurus village. The deal is, while a movie doesn't have to reconstruct the novel like a slave it still doesn't have to outdo the previous installments by being too outrageous. While the city rampage is entertaining to some it's still embarassing just because of how unoriginal it is. It's basically ripped off from the Conan Doyle film. This is Jurassic Park and not the old Lost World. Meaby these sequels went a bit too far in that aspect. I like the dinosaurs but feel that the stories could have lacked a lot less originality while keeping the human cast manageable with more emphasis on the dinosaur co-stars. This is what the first movie did with honor. It's unlikely that we will ever get follow-up movies with a caliber like that from Hollywood.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ripped off, no. Homage to olda Dinosaur movies, yes.

Keg

Keg

Do you know theres alot of hate towards The Lost World but I really like it. Infact I may go as far as to say its my favourite of the trilogy. Sure its more far fetched but its a movie about dinosaurs for gods sake, not a serious drama with well written dialogue and emotional impact. It does what it says on the tin and i think its got the best sequences of the entire trilogy.
I really cant see what all the hate is for.

First Blood

First Blood

It IS my favortie in the trilogy. As much as I love part 1, the whole InGen storming the island, is what I loved about it. Also it had two T-Rex's  :o

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: Keg on Mar 18, 2010, 06:01:43 PM
Do you know theres alot of hate towards The Lost World but I really like it. Infact I may go as far as to say its my favourite of the trilogy. Sure its more far fetched but its a movie about dinosaurs for gods sake, not a serious drama with well written dialogue and emotional impact. It does what it says on the tin and i think its got the best sequences of the entire trilogy.
I really cant see what all the hate is for.
Yet it's story used to be more original. What meaning does the existence of those dinosaurs have? The sequels never delve into that and instead make them overshadowed by the human characters. Jurassic Park is not unique because of it's effects anymore for the mere reason that you see similar CGI effects elsewhere nowadays(although way more obvious). This is why I prefer the original JP.

DrHobo

DrHobo

QuoteJurassic Park is not unique because of it's effects anymore for the mere reason that you see similar CGI effects elsewhere nowadays(although way more obvious). This is why I prefer the original JP.
I find it strange that a 17 year old movie has better effects than current movies.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: Swizzly64 on Mar 18, 2010, 08:48:46 PM
QuoteJurassic Park is not unique because of it's effects anymore for the mere reason that you see similar CGI effects elsewhere nowadays(although way more obvious). This is why I prefer the original JP.
I find it strange that a 17 year old movie has better effects than current movies.
Because JP's the best.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 18, 2010, 06:03:40 PM
It IS my favortie in the trilogy. As much as I love part 1, the whole InGen storming the island, is what I loved about it. Also it had two T-Rex's  :o

Even though the first JP is my favourite film of all time, you are a legend! I really look up to people who appreicate the second film for all its worth :) 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed