Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,987 times)

SM

SM

And of course nothing happened in that hour.  No pteradactyls or anything...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was boring. It ended too quickly. The only sequence in the film that really got my attention was the Pteranodon sequence because it was totally fresh.

SM

SM

Yes it did end too quickly.  And rather ridiculously with the whole navy showing up. But better to get out while the goings good than drag out a King Kong homage.

First Blood

First Blood

The plot also felt forced for me. Really, after all the death and destruction on the island, you're going to go paragliding near it?

SM

SM

Because of course things like that NEVER happen in real life...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 03:51:15 AM
Yes it did end too quickly.  And rather ridiculously with the whole navy showing up. But better to get out while the goings good than drag out a King Kong homage.

The going went down hill as soon as the Rex was killed.

Yes. I am upset.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 03:54:45 AM
Because of course things like that NEVER happen in real life...

You're right. Dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years. So it doesn't happen in real life.

SM

SM

Ditto the first two flicks then.

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 09, 2010, 03:24:59 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 12:32:16 AM
Not nearly as bad as a dinosaur running around San Diego.

It was worse. At least dinosaur in San Diego was fun for me. Spino offing Rexy and then having the film end an hour later...not so fun.
Exactly, more than one huge carnivore is double the fun. Yet they basically force fed us the Spino as "the only king". That's the type of bison coprolite the T-Rex suffered from prior to JP. This is where I infact have to disagree about the San Diego part, it just isn't something "fresh" the JP franchise would deserve. That's basically ripping off other individual movies. It's not like the movie was even a loyal adaptation to the novel which didn't even have the city rampage.  ::)

I personally feel both sequels have problems. They just seem to ignore what made Jurassic Park unique to begin with which makes the "expansion" inconsistent. It's not Random Dinosaur Action but dinosaurs for grownups. Spielberg seemingly no longer respects that(not that he ever did but there would be potential starting from the first film if it it had been allowed to mature).

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

As i was watching Jurassic Park yesterday again, i have ALWAYS wondered, How is it, that the Rex comes through the fence from the woods and 2 minutues later the Rex pushes the car over the edge downwards? How come there is a canyon (dont know the correct english word atm) all the sudden? Or is it the other side? Still its a confusing scene... im sure this has been asked 100 times :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's a hill. Explanation here. :)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 09, 2010, 10:46:03 AM
It's a hill. Explanation here. :)

good god that was long winded and boring as hell. it still didnt make sense when i got to the end because whoever wrote that babbled on about too much about tiny unimportant details like plants and id forgotten what had come before it. Simple answer, from where the Rex broke through the fence at ground level the ground on the paddock side must have a steep hill which slopes down leaving a massive concrete cliff under the fence. This is where the car gets pushed over.

It doesnt show you this and so it is confusing but thats the way ive always looked at it.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 03:51:15 AM

The ending of the lost world was exactly what fans wanted dinos on the mainland and who better than the tyrannosaur?! It's what people wanted and it's a classic Spielberg ending he's got you hooked for two hours and he'll doing something amazing and you accept it because he's got you hooked. Other examples of this are: The shark jumping on the boat in Jaws, bikes flying in E.T, T-Rex rescue in the first JP, and the tank blowing up from a pistol blast in saving private Ryan (granted its the planes which blow it up but for a moment anyway he makes you believe the unbelievable.)

I honestly don't get why some people hate the idea of an ending where the t-rex is running amok in San Diego it was an awesome sequence and ending to a great sequel!

Lie

Lie

All the scenes that didnt have the Spinosaurus were not worth watching

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Lie1295 on Mar 09, 2010, 11:50:35 AM
All the scenes that didnt have the Spinosaurus were not worth watching

So not a fan of Jurassic Park & The Lost World?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed