Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,977 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Skinner on Feb 16, 2010, 11:59:14 PM
Or if he just stood really still in one place for a while and didn't move.

Good point. Moving on look at this > http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/01/100127-dinosaurs-color-feathers-science/o/

afrocat

afrocat

Im almost sure that three years old. The first couple feathered dino discoveries were around the time JP3 went into development right? Nonetheless coo. I think someone should get around to cloning a dino. They found tissue last year from a frozen corpse. It was only half decayed before it froze so..

Skinner

Skinner

I think they will at least clone a mammoth while were alive.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: Skinner on Feb 17, 2010, 12:14:12 AM
I think they will at least clone a mammoth while were alive.
You say that as if our generation is going to end like the last two! I feel as if by the time im in my nineties there will be life extenders. Or the world will be nuked by then but im gonna try to be optimistic. But man theyve found multiple mammoths and none have been cloned yet what the heck!

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 17, 2010, 12:09:18 AM
Im almost sure that three years old. The first couple feathered dino discoveries were around the time JP3 went into development right?

Its not about the feathers in that link if you read into it.  ::)

afrocat

afrocat

Ha my bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 16, 2010, 11:47:26 PM
we'll agree to disagree, because I think the door swings both ways with a T-rex Spino fight. Plus the thing about the Spino's jaws, yeah it was long (probably to help with fishing I don't disagree with that) but it was also massive and very power. Look at crocodiles today with their long jaws and how much power per square inch they have then imagine a Spinosaurus.

The reason it had jaws like a crocodile were to fish out, well, fish. It's already been proven too, through scientific testing, via crocodiles, that T.Rex had the strongest bite of any land-based predator in history. Spinosaurus jaws weren't strong enough to accomplish that goal, and the teeth weren't designed for it. T.Rex, and the other similarly sized tyrannosaurids, had teeth that were thick from side to side and were designed for cracking and crushing. The carnosaurs, like Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus, had teeth that were much thinner and designed for slicing. If they hit a bone, they'd snap instantly.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 17, 2010, 04:08:25 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 16, 2010, 11:47:26 PM
we'll agree to disagree, because I think the door swings both ways with a T-rex Spino fight. Plus the thing about the Spino's jaws, yeah it was long (probably to help with fishing I don't disagree with that) but it was also massive and very power. Look at crocodiles today with their long jaws and how much power per square inch they have then imagine a Spinosaurus.

The reason it had jaws like a crocodile were to fish out, well, fish. It's already been proven too, through scientific testing, via crocodiles, that T.Rex had the strongest bite of any land-based predator in history. Spinosaurus jaws weren't strong enough to accomplish that goal, and the teeth weren't designed for it. T.Rex, and the other similarly sized tyrannosaurids, had teeth that were thick from side to side and were designed for cracking and crushing. The carnosaurs, like Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus, had teeth that were much thinner and designed for slicing. If they hit a bone, they'd snap instantly.
DoomRulz Rules. ^Win.

Skinner

Puks

Puks

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 17, 2010, 12:03:56 AM
Quote from: Skinner on Feb 16, 2010, 11:59:14 PM
Or if he just stood really still in one place for a while and didn't move.

Good point. Moving on look at this > http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/01/100127-dinosaurs-color-feathers-science/o/

Wow that's awesome!  :)

DoomRulz

afrocat

afrocat

Hahahaha. Thatd be interesting. Im game for anything that involves Steven Speilberg. Unless it involves George Lucas.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Can't wait I hope jeff goldblum comes back in this one.

First Blood

First Blood

"Now I am...ah...in the car talking to myself. That's, that's chaos."

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

"Life... finds a way."

I also hope Sam Neill is in this one too.

"He slashes at you with this; a six inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. They don't bother to bite the jugular, like a lion, they slash just here, or here, or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. Point is, you're alive when they start to eat you."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed