Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,092 times)

afrocat

afrocat

All Im saying is the spinos ate freaking fish they were not predatory animals.
EDIT: You know in the movie idk if its one or two it states how many species live on isla nublar(the island that didnt get destroyed in JP)

Skinner

Skinner

Yes, obviously he ate a lot of fish, but he wasn't a wimp.  :)

Alien³

Alien³

They must of eaten more than just fish. Its like when they theorized that the t-rex was only scavager which was bull because why would an animal of that size and strength only look for dead bodies? Obviously if a t-rex stumbled on a body and was hungry it'd eat the remains like any carnivore would but it obivously wasn't just a scavager.
The same as a spino of that size and strength wouldn't only eat fish.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Just look at blue whales; they are the largest animals to ever have inhabited our planet, yet they only eat creatures that are barely visible to the naked eye.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 16, 2010, 11:35:00 PM
Just look at blue whales; they are the largest animals to ever have inhabited our planet, yet they only eat creatures that are barely visible to the naked eye.

Yeah but they're designed to do that. The Spinosaurus just looking at it you can tell from all what mother nature has given it the animal doesn't just stand in a river and fish. I imagine them like bears they eat a variety of things.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, it probably ate more than fish. But that jaw design is not suited for taking out large prey, so it killing a T. Rex is pretty unlikely.

Skinner

Skinner

Also how did Spinosaurus have weak jaws if it had the same jaw structure as crocodiles which have one of the strongest bites in the world?

Alien³

Alien³

we'll agree to disagree, because I think the door swings both ways with a T-rex Spino fight. Plus the thing about the Spino's jaws, yeah it was long (probably to help with fishing I don't disagree with that) but it was also massive and very power. Look at crocodiles today with their long jaws and how much power per square inch they have then imagine a Spinosaurus.

Alien³

Alien³

Thinking about it wouldn't the fish see this beast coming and just flee?

afrocat

afrocat

They dont have the same jaws as a crocodile they have the same jaws as that other thing. Okay brb Im gonna come back with proof of this other jawed croc like thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gharial Gharials and caimans have more similar jaw  structure.

And btw those JP pics arnt actually accurate there movie size.

Alien³

Alien³

The biggest Spinosaurus skeleton found is the size of the one represented in JP. Hence why they used it because it was a new find and they thought it'd be awesome to represent one on film.

afrocat

afrocat

Yes most spinos arnt that big. Trexs arnt the largest either. Gigasaurus and Ultrasaurs are larger.
NOTE: This is all from memory not fact cuz I used to be a Dino fanatic as a child and i used to want to be a paleotoligist. So yea lol i may be wrong

Alien³

Alien³

Either way its still massive so the fish would see it coming!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not if it was fast.

Skinner

Skinner

Or if he just stood really still in one place for a while and didn't move.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed