Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,150 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

On the movie? No, so far it's been shelved or dead, one of the two.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2009, 06:28:11 AM
I worte a JP fanscript years ago that had lots of ankys.

I remember the script and it was good.  The nod to 'Walking with Dinosaurs' was a good touch.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 21, 2009, 06:09:13 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphic King on Aug 19, 2009, 12:16:48 PM
The newly repainted toys seem to be a precursor of the shelved Jurassic Park IV movie. It's a marketing campaign to keep the Jurassic Park franchise alive and inform the public and movie world that the franchise is not dead yet. This film won't happen for a long shot, but when it does, I hope that they introduce some new dinosaurs that rival the Velociraptors. We got a rival for the Tyrannosaurus Rex; now we need one for the cunning Velociraptors. Speaking of Tyrannosaurus Rex, I hope that the new movie will have a battle between a Triceratops and a Tyrannosaurus Rex. A classic dinosaur battle worthy of recognition in one of the most well-recognised dinosaur movies in movie dinosaur history.

I want to see more herbivore action man...like the scene with the Stegosaurs in TLW. Do something with some Ankylosaurs, that'd be awesome since they only got a quick cameo in JP 3. And there isn't much to rival the Velociraptors, unfortunately. They made them smarter than they really were, and they have been been as large as Deinonychus. One size bigger you get Utahraptor, in which case you might as well stick with T.Rex.
More herbivore action would be great, in JPIII they did almost nothing..... I hated that they changed the raptors appearence in the last one. So now that means there are two species of Raptor on the Island. In the next movie I'd like them to mention the fact that we've now seen two species of raptor, and I'd like to see the Utah Raptor but just one. A big rouge badass. Like the big female raptor in JP.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I liked the change in appearance. It's more up to date with the latest science.

SM

SM

QuoteStill have it around somewhere?

Here.  At least until Geocities shuts down.

I just had a re-read and despite some rather cringe worthy parts it's still not a bad story overall.  It was intended to be much more a combat movie than anything else.

Oh, and it was written before I saw JP3, so the couple of gags that seem to be ripping off gags in JP3 were purely coincidental.

And it had Polacanthus in it - not Ankys after all.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2009, 02:43:27 AM
QuoteStill have it around somewhere?

Here.  At least until Geocities shuts down.

I just had a re-read and despite some rather cringe worthy parts it's still not a bad story overall.  It was intended to be much more a combat movie than anything else.

Oh, and it was written before I saw JP3, so the couple of gags that seem to be ripping off gags in JP3 were purely coincidental.

And it had Polacanthus in it - not Ankys after all.
It's not bad at all, we should do a fanfilm out of it, we split the work up, 50/50, you're doing all the Dino's and i do the poster, what do you think?

Now i know what you're username stands for, i always thought you were a SM fetishist or something  :-[

SM

SM

Sorry to disappoint.  ;D

I actually wrote it for someone else, and he objected to some of the fruity language I used - so I changed it (the worst I used was "shit" which from memory was spoken twice in the original film).  Then he said he didn't want it because I couldn't stick to his brief.  :D  Which was funny cos there was no brief.

I have considered doing a 3D animated version of it, and made a short film with a oversized raptor chasing my daughter around the park over the road some years ago, but I've always had too many other things on, and am reluctant to invest more time on another fan film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Polacanthus...have to give you props for that one. Certainly isn't a popular dinosaur! I'll give your script a read through soon.

Speaking of JP, I just re-watched the original film on my theatre room's 104" projector screen...what an experience :o Watching the T.Rex emerge out of her paddock and seeing the Brachiosaurus for the first time had me crying tears of joy.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2009, 03:08:57 AM
Sorry to disappoint.  ;D

I actually wrote it for someone else, and he objected to some of the fruity language I used - so I changed it (the worst I used was "shit" which from memory was spoken twice in the original film).  Then he said he didn't want it because I couldn't stick to his brief.  :D  Which was funny cos there was no brief.

I have considered doing a 3D animated version of it, and made a short film with a oversized raptor chasing my daughter around the park over the road some years ago, but I've always had too many other things on, and am reluctant to invest more time on another fan film.
Sounds interesting, but you never posted the footage online right?
I would love to do something with Dino's.

I have done 2 fanfilms by now, all simple action flicks, one is an action comedy and one is Commando style, pumped with effects and action stock footage.

But i have never inserted a 3D model into a live action shot by now, and i would just love to do something with Dino's. I could never ever model one by myself as i'm more of a Lightning/Texturing guy, but do you know where i can find 3D Dino models?

SM

SM

QuoteSounds interesting, but you never posted the footage online right?

No.  It was just a muck around home movie for the kids.

For this Star Wars film I've been doing for some years, it's nothing but combining live action with CG (with generally lack lustre results) - be it comping actors shot against badly lit greenscreens, on to digital sets, or comping in digital starships and droids.  For a film that will eventually run to around 40 minutes, I could probably count the number of shots that didn't need some sort of digital effects on one hand.

As for dinosaurs, I used Poser which comes with a raptor model.  I mucked around with the proportions to make it look more like a Rex, then gave it a walk cycle (very simple in Poser), then set about matching into the footage which I foolishly didn't lock off.

I have a bunch of dinosaur Poser models at home that I download yonks ago, but the follow up I was going to make when the Second Born came along never eventuated because I wanted to use quadrupedal dinosaurs and as Poser is more for humans, quadruped walk cycles are a pain in the arse.

Requiem28

Requiem28

i just want to say that i haven't been on in a awhile cause my computer is down.

ScarFace the Vanguard

ScarFace the Vanguard

I would love to see a JP4. Spinosaurus, 4 Trex's, Allosaurus pack, acrocanthosaurus, giganotosaurus charcarodontosaurus and of course the raptors. :) :)

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: ScarFace the Vanguard on Sep 12, 2009, 04:48:17 PM
I would love to see a JP4. Spinosaurus, 4 Trex's, Allosaurus pack, acrocanthosaurus, giganotosaurus charcarodontosaurus and of course the raptors. :) :)
Someone played Operation Genesis.

ScarFace the Vanguard

ScarFace the Vanguard

Quote from: Nobody on Sep 12, 2009, 06:43:48 PM
Quote from: ScarFace the Vanguard on Sep 12, 2009, 04:48:17 PM
Someone played Operation Genesis.
Actually I haven't. I just know a lot of dinosurs ;D

genocyber

genocyber

Jurassic Park is dead as shit.We'll just get another fcking remake than a sequel.Or a prequel or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed