Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,777 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Based on that article what makes you think the film will still be made? I mean, i guess you can just assume it's inevitable with the way Hollywood pumps out sequels + remakes these days but it's already been 6 years since the last 1.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

QuoteI think the third movie was a good place to end anyway.

Uhuh? Even though I enjoyed III, The Lost World had one of those: "Yep, thats it!" endings.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Using Michael Crichton's death as an excuse to not make the film is stupid and piss-weak. It's not like he worked on the third film, and they made it anyway.

Requiem28

Requiem28

if you guys want to, you can join this forum to discuss all about JPIV

http://www.jurassicparkiv.org/

severen76

severen76

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2009, 11:56:10 PM
Using Michael Crichton's death as an excuse to not make the film is stupid and piss-weak. It's not like he worked on the third film, and they made it anyway.

And the 3rd film sucked. Maybe they're making the excuse for good reason.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

They should've never made the second film. I think that was the point where Spielberg officially fell off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: severen76 on Jul 10, 2009, 12:13:45 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2009, 11:56:10 PM

And the 3rd film sucked. Maybe they're making the excuse for good reason.

I disagree. If Spielberg directed it, I think it could be salvaged.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

I'm convinced Spielberg can't make good movies anymore after Indy 4.  He's become a generic director of kids' movies who focuses too much on CGI.  Jurassic Park was in part successful because of the horror elements.  Spielberg doesn't have the balls anymore to do anything remotely scary or terrifying.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: fluxcap on Apr 26, 2007, 07:07:43 PM
Easy, someone finds out John Hammond's underwater laboratory for sea-dino's. They plan ANOTHER expedition, they convince Alan Grant AGAIN to come along. They arrive, the guy with the big gun dies first and then a bunch of underwater shenanigans ensue (similar to Deep Blue Sea) with an eventual confrontation with a Kronosaurus. Eventually Grant makes it to the surface to be saved by a helicopter and the film will fade out AGAIN with pterodactyls flying alongside the helicopter while the Jurassic Park theme plays in the background. And there we have Jurassic Park 4: The Lost Undersea World  ;)
Lol sounds very interesting if u ask me, but would not like that to be Jurassic Park 4 ^_^ oh and dont forget the final conflict with the villian A.K.A the big bad dinosaur whether it be a plesiosaur or stalking hybrid. but still I have been looking forward to JP4 for the past 5 years and have gotten speculation dates for the summer of 09,08,07,06 and 05 and so far all have been wrong, although through MTV news laura did say then were in either development or production im not sure cuz that news was a while ago, but am still excited about this movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: J-Syxx on Jul 11, 2009, 12:23:39 AM
I'm convinced Spielberg can't make good movies anymore after Indy 4.  He's become a generic director of kids' movies who focuses too much on CGI.  Jurassic Park was in part successful because of the horror elements.  Spielberg doesn't have the balls anymore to do anything remotely scary or terrifying.

JP wasn't horror. Please describe these 'horror elements' you speak of.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 11, 2009, 05:56:53 AMJP wasn't horror. Please describe these 'horror elements' you speak of.

It wasn't a horror movie, but I think there were some horror elements in it.

Like the scene with Nedry and the Dilophosaurus, the scene with Muldoon and the raptors, and perhaps the part with the worker getting killed by raptors in the beginning. I don't know if those count as horror, but they scared me when I was a kid.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Obviously that scared you as a kid, what doesn't scare you as a kid? As an adult however, those scenes don't scare me. They're certainly suspenseful but scary? No.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Actually, I still find the scene with the Dilophosaurus more scary than many horror movies (like Friday the 13th and movies like that). But I get your point, and it makes sense.  :)

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 11, 2009, 08:20:14 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 11, 2009, 05:56:53 AMJP wasn't horror. Please describe these 'horror elements' you speak of.

It wasn't a horror movie, but I think there were some horror elements in it.

Like the scene with Nedry and the Dilophosaurus, the scene with Muldoon and the raptors, and perhaps the part with the worker getting killed by raptorts in the beginning. I don't know if those count as horror, but they scared me when I was a kid.
Wow I always watched the first jurassic park growing up even though I was a kid I still loved those scene's in particular (didnt scare me) , I guess if you have a genuine like for dinosaurs the movie doesnt scare u much

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: randy4321 on Jul 11, 2009, 04:26:43 PMI guess if you have a genuine like for dinosaurs the movie doesnt scare u much

I was crazy about dinosaurs when I was a kid and when I saw the movie. I still found those scenes scary. Sure, dinosaurs was cool and interesting, but seeing people get eaten by them was still... unsettling.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed