Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,195 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 12, 2008, 04:03:11 PM
:D

How could it be fact if it is only believed?  Human would be considered small prey and I'm sure it would have no problem taking you out.  Me on the other hand...

Do you have a pic of what the Dilo was believed to look like?

It's believed Dilophosaurus couldn't hunt large prey b/c again, due to its weak jaws, it wouldn't be able to pin down and properly subdue struggling prey.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

If only it had that venomous spit from JP.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 12, 2008, 04:23:54 PM
It's believed Dilophosaurus couldn't hunt large prey b/c again, due to its weak jaws, it wouldn't be able to pin down and properly subdue struggling prey.

In which it wouldn't need to because wasn't it also believed that it had the bite similar to our Komodo Dragons of today?  Just one bite and let the bacteria do the rest.  Imagine that kind of death in a JP movie.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Actually, that's supposed to be how the Compy's were like, hence why Deiter started to slow down in TLW before being eaten. Plus, it makes sense since Compy's were supposedly scavengers.

Master Chief

Master Chief

That actually does make sense.  I always wondered why he had a hard time moving around after they attacked him. As for the Dilo, didn't they get the idea of it spitting venom because of its bite?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I don't know, but Crichton added it for dramatic effect.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 12, 2008, 04:55:20 PM
That actually does make sense.  I always wondered why he had a hard time moving around after they attacked him. As for the Dilo, didn't they get the idea of it spitting venom because of its bite?

No. It was simply their idea. The frill probably came from the Australian frilled lizard.

Zero

Zero

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 12, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Ingen's gene splicing caused it.They didn't have enough DNA to complete it so they added modern lizard Dna,resulting in an abnormal venemous spit

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Ummm...that's not how it is explained in the book or movie, but it works.

Zero

Zero

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 12, 2008, 10:28:11 PM
I never read the book
The movie does not state

This information came from a game,so It may not be true. JP:OG Dino Encyclopedia

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Zero on Mar 12, 2008, 10:40:46 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 12, 2008, 10:28:11 PM
I never read the book
The movie does not state

This information came from a game,so It may not be true. JP:OG Dino Encyclopedia

if it came from a game is aint cannon.

War Wager

War Wager

No, but it's a good reason. I'm sure it'll be implied in IV.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 11, 2008, 03:18:28 PM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on Mar 11, 2008, 11:46:51 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2008, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on Mar 10, 2008, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: nexus on Mar 10, 2008, 10:57:19 AM
Yea but lets have them proper sized like in the turok game

i agree,

i read somewhere that they changed the real sizeof the dilophosaurus because its size would rival t-rex for the "biggest" carnivore at jurrasic park...

There's no way. Dilophosaurus was only 20ft long vs. T.Rex who was twice that length at least.

honestly, t-rex looked great cause he was the largest carnivore there compared to the velociraptor, but t-rex still wouldnt have had that size difference compared to a real sized dilphosaurus, ps. i never said dilophosaurus was as big as a t-rex.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying Universal would be stupid in thinking Dilophosaurus would rival a T.Rex in terms of size.
Maybe what we saw was a baby.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

^^ Very unlikely given the size of the crests. A juvenile's head crests wouldn't be so developed.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 16, 2008, 01:37:35 AM
^^ Very unlikely given the size of the crests. A juvenile's head crests wouldn't be so developed.

how do you know, have you seen one grow up?
and obviously they in-acurately showed the size of a dilophosaurus..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed