Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,885 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Ok finally got around to Battle at Big Rock, in 10 minutes it combines the best of aspects of JW and JWFK.

Liked the Prologue too, dorks can keep complaining about the inaccuracies.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gilfryd on Nov 23, 2021, 10:12:25 PM
Ok finally got around to Battle at Big Rock, in 10 minutes it combines the best of aspects of JW and JWFK.

Liked the Prologue too, dorks can keep complaining about the inaccuracies.
You know what else is inaccurate? That people don't like it. That would never happen in real life. QED.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I really enjoyed the prologue, and I'll definitely see this on the big screen.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Was anything added to the prologue?  I feel like I've see all of the footage before, but not sure where.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 24, 2021, 02:35:18 PM
Was anything added to the prologue?  I feel like I've see all of the footage before, but not sure where.

From what i've read before, i don't think so. It was originally attached to the start of the last Fast and Furious film, i think.

Master Chief

Master Chief

That's right!  The prologue was the main reason I went to see the Fast and Furious film in the theater.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The prologue was a bit similar to that episode of Walking with Dinosaurs with Nigel Marven  :laugh: where the naturalist documents a pack of Giganotosaurus stalking a migratory herd of Argentinosaurus.

nanison

nanison

I'm probably one of the few that loved fallen kingdom. The franchise finally starts to embrace the ridiculousness. The t rex scene in the truck for example is the best suspenseful scene involving a t rex since the first film. Using the dino with thick skull to escape prison? Genius, embrace the possibilities! Then turning JP into a gothic haunted house film I just loved it! Sure the plot is wafer thin but after the first film there isn't much to add in terms of plot so just go all out and come up with cool set pieces and they're doing just that imo. I can imagine the 6th entry will have some out of this world set pieces and action.
It worked for the F&F franchise so it is the right way to go!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Trevorrow's a bad director and a terrible screenwriter. I think there's no rational reason to get excited here. And I do love dinosaurs.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 24, 2021, 09:15:59 PM
Trevorrow's a bad director and a terrible screenwriter. I think there's no rational reason to get excited here. And I do love dinosaurs.
Counterpoint: Jurassic World was cool and good.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Mainly due to Bayona's artistic vision and direction though. The story was really lame.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: nanison on Nov 24, 2021, 07:18:51 PM
I'm probably one of the few that loved fallen kingdom. The franchise finally starts to embrace the ridiculousness. The t rex scene in the truck for example is the best suspenseful scene involving a t rex since the first film. Using the dino with thick skull to escape prison? Genius, embrace the possibilities! Then turning JP into a gothic haunted house film I just loved it! Sure the plot is wafer thin but after the first film there isn't much to add in terms of plot so just go all out and come up with cool set pieces and they're doing just that imo. I can imagine the 6th entry will have some out of this world set pieces and action.
It worked for the F&F franchise so it is the right way to go!
I am with you man I really do like fallen Kingdom. The Indoraptor was probably my favorite hybrid out of the whole series

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 24, 2021, 11:22:28 PM
Mainly due to Bayona's artistic vision and direction though. The story was really lame.

Bayona had nothing to do with Jurassic World

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

He was under studio control obviously, but still managed to get some of his vision into this movie, which are the better parts, fortunately.

EDIT : I just understood you talked about the first jurassic world lol, my bad.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 24, 2021, 11:22:28 PM
Definitely disagree, seeing a functioning dinosaur theme park has been a fantasy of mine since I was a little kid, so seeing one on the big screen brought out my inner 9-year-old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed