Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,059 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Opening to Fallen Kingdom is some of the best JP stuff since the first one.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 23, 2020, 07:41:18 PMEvery father's day is better with dinosaurs.  8)

Quote from: DeadlineSteven Spielberg's 1993 movie Jurassic Park was No. 1 for the fourth time in its release history this past weekend as movie theaters tried to have a semblance during the COVID-19 pandemic over what is typically a big moviegoing weekend, Father's Day.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1275229469985234944

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fallen Kingdom is fresh and I find the human cloning subplot interesting. It's like when you reimagine old tropes and add some new DNA to it to create something else; ala Arrival. Or the Indominus Rex lol

The movie itself is a nice hybrid of cool things.  8)

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 24, 2020, 12:18:25 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 23, 2020, 07:41:18 PMEvery father's day is better with dinosaurs.  8)

Quote from: DeadlineSteven Spielberg's 1993 movie Jurassic Park was No. 1 for the fourth time in its release history this past weekend as movie theaters tried to have a semblance during the COVID-19 pandemic over what is typically a big moviegoing weekend, Father's Day.

https://i.gifer.com/1sOe.gif

JP is a national treasure.  :)

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 24, 2020, 12:18:25 AM
Opening to Fallen Kingdom is some of the best JP stuff since the first one.

https://i.gifer.com/1sOe.gif

The opening?? You mean that part FULL of errors?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 24, 2020, 12:29:22 AM
Fallen Kingdom is fresh and I find the human cloning subplot interesting.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I found that bit a step too far. I thought it was unnecessary, and went nowhere. The big thing about human cloning was empathy for the cloned dinosaurs. That could just as easily have been done by... Just being empathetic towards the dying animals?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 24, 2020, 01:21:19 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 24, 2020, 12:29:22 AM
Fallen Kingdom is fresh and I find the human cloning subplot interesting.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I found that bit a step too far. I thought it was unnecessary, and went nowhere. The big thing about human cloning was empathy for the cloned dinosaurs. That could just as easily have been done by... Just being empathetic towards the dying animals?

Cos in order to feel real empathy, humans have to put on the shoes of the dinosaurs. Clearly Dying Animals is not enough for filmmakers. They needed human drama and tears. I understand that the idea is out of place. But I appreciate the intention to do something different.

Edit: Dinosaurs didn't wear shoes. I don't use them inside my house either. You know ... all that pandemic stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The cloned human element does feel very Crichton too. Perhaps not strictly Jurassic Park, but in general, very Crichton.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: aliens13 on Jun 24, 2020, 12:49:37 AMThe opening?? You mean that part FULL of errors?

Uh the rainy opening sequence where they get the Indominus DNA - Via Wiki -
Spoiler
Shortly after the events of Jurassic World in 2015, a small mercenary team arrives on the abandoned Isla Nublar to collect DNA from the Indominus rex remains lying on the bottom of the park's lagoon. After collecting a bone, the team's survivors escape the island following attacks by the Mosasaurus and the Tyrannosaurus rex, but they accidentally release the former into the ocean.
[close]

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 25, 2020, 12:46:22 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Jun 24, 2020, 12:49:37 AMThe opening?? You mean that part FULL of errors?

Uh the rainy opening sequence where they get the Indominus DNA - Via Wiki -
Spoiler
Shortly after the events of Jurassic World in 2015, a small mercenary team arrives on the abandoned Isla Nublar to collect DNA from the Indominus rex remains lying on the bottom of the park's lagoon. After collecting a bone, the team's survivors escape the island following attacks by the Mosasaurus and the Tyrannosaurus rex, but they accidentally release the former into the ocean.
[close]

Into the ocean.. despise that in the first JW movie the Mosasaur it was in a lagoon not connected into the ocean

ace3g

Evanus

Evanus

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

More InGen/BiosSyn corporate espionage elements please.

irn

irn

It's only took 27 years and five sequels for him to reappear!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Original actor Cameron Thor is a sex offender so maybe that's why.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: irn on Jun 25, 2020, 08:32:25 PM
It's only took 27 years and five sequels for him to reappear!

That's cause "nobody cares".

irn

irn

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 25, 2020, 09:26:27 PM
Original actor Cameron Thor is a sex offender so maybe that's why.

I didn't realise that until I read the article. I figured the Campbell Scott was the guy from the original. Still, it's good to have the connection to this scene in the new one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed