Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,260 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 21, 2018, 04:27:10 AM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 21, 2018, 02:14:44 AM
What if instead of frog DNA then, they mixed the Dino's with a seagull. There's definite script possibilities with Dino's shitting all over your car and stealing your chips. Right out your hand.
Seagulls are dinosaurs!

Wait, why didn't they use bird dna to fill in the holes anyways? Something isn't adding up here.

"Clever girl"

Huntsman

Huntsman

Gotta say, while I'm not the biggest JW universe fan, I think the opening scene of Fallen Kingdom is the best in the series. Rain at night time on Nublar, with lighting cracking overhead. The silhouette of the mosasaurus in the ocean, and the lightning illuminating the Rex are both gold. The ordeal with the ladder is creative, in the spirit of TLW's trailers dropping over the cliff. If the film maintained that level of atmosphere it would've been incredible.

D88M

D88M

The direction by Bayona was pretty good, i liked how he tried to make the most out of the suspense each scene could have, is a good example of a good direction with a bad script, but teh script was so bad that it could not be disguised.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: D88M on Jan 26, 2019, 05:56:51 PM
The direction by Bayona was pretty good, i liked how he tried to make the most out of the suspense each scene could have, is a good example of a good direction with a bad script, but teh script was so bad that it could not be disguised.

Yeah he was really bogged down by that script. A positive for the next film is that Trevorrow has a new co-writer but you never know if he'll allow some fresh ideas to creep in.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I really liked Fallen Kingdom but I get why people don't like it. I enjoyed the more horrific elements in the film especially when it came to the Indoraptor. Oddly enough O felt like this movie was the closest to Michael Crichton's writing since the first movie. It really remind me of NEXT in particular.

Vermillion

Vermillion

The human cloning aspect was different and surprising. 
Malcolm was great.
The last shot of the Raptor and the Suburbs was a bit disturbing as it's going to snatch all those kids playing and having a good time.

Huggs

Huggs

I'd have loved to get a Jurassic film that maintained the feel of that first 5 or ten minutes of F.K.

Something dark and scary with a storm rolling in. An R rated survival horror set on an Island of Dinos.

It's never going to happen though. Not as long as the family money reigns supreme.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 27, 2019, 10:15:09 PM
I'd have loved to get a Jurassic film that maintained the feel of that first 5 or ten minutes of F.K.

Something dark and scary with a storm rolling in. An R rated survival horror set on an Island of Dinos.

It's never going to happen though. Not as long as the family money reigns supreme.

Thats why we need a Dino Crisis movie. And a new game dang it!

Vertigo

Vertigo

That's still very do-able without an R-rating - good horror is mainly about tension and atmosphere, which has been a JP hallmark from the start, rather than showing you something nasty. Kids like scary movies, so long as they're not gory.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Agreed. FK's opening scene was spot on. It had tension building and horror with the mosasaurus leaping out of the water. Once the film reached the mansion I lost interest. It lacked the JP charm and atmosphere, and I just wasn't engaged.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Huntsman on Jan 28, 2019, 08:50:44 AM

Agreed. FK's opening scene was spot on. It had tension building and horror with the mosasaurus leaping out of the water. Once the film reached the mansion I lost interest. It lacked the JP charm and atmosphere, and I just wasn't engaged.
It started to become about business and ethics and trade routes..wait nevermind.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

A Jurassic World animated spin-off series is in the works for Netflix. Dream Works Animation will be creating the series.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/06/04/jurassic-world-series-netflix-camp-cretaceous/

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld/status/1135924165704163328

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

They should stop and switch to Dino-Riders!
A human and alien race at war, crash on a prehistoric planet and use dinosaurs to continue their war.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed