Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,513 times)

Xan21

Xan21

By being so stupidly obvious... basically everything is spoonfed.

SM

SM

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Jurassic world is a film series targeted for 12 year olds...

SM

SM

Quite.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I remember when I was 10 and finally understood the how and why of how the dinosaurs had managed to breed. Felt so proud of myself.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 13, 2018, 01:26:58 AM
Jurassic world is a film series targeted for 12 year olds...
Nothing is going to capture the magic, wonder, atmosphere and threat level of the original film. The 1993 era T-Rex still looks better than the 2018 era version. People crap all over TLW for various reasons, but I've always enjoyed it. And I find it makes the other sequels redundant with the themes it explored. An old guy in bed living in a mansion, dinosaurs being taken to the mainland, dinosaurs breaking free into the mainland and so forth. JW is an inferior remake of the original thats only point of difference is the park was open successfully for a number of years.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The cast of the Bohemian Rhapsody film were on TV this morning - I had no idea the guy playing John Deacon (Joseph Mazzello, aka Sledge from The Pacific) was the boy in the original Jurassic Park!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 19, 2018, 08:58:04 AM
The cast of the Bohemian Rhapsody film were on TV this morning - I had no idea the guy playing John Deacon (Joseph Mazzello, aka Sledge from The Pacific) was the boy in the original Jurassic Park!

Yep, that was Sledge.

Quote from: Huntsman on Oct 19, 2018, 08:10:44 AM
JW is an inferior remake of the original thats only point of difference is the park was open successfully for a number of years.

As a standalone movie, the first JW wasn't all that bad. Nothing can ever be as good as the originals, but it was a fun enough ride. Fallen kingdom though, dear God. One of the worst films I've seen in years. Right down there with the pacific rim sequel. It's such a shame because both started with promising first entries, then they just nosedived into flaming oblivion.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I really feel like I saw a different film to everyone else. I didn't like Jurassic World but loved Fallen Kingdom.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 19, 2018, 07:34:07 PM
As a standalone movie, the first JW wasn't all that bad. Nothing can ever be as good as the originals, but it was a fun enough ride. Fallen kingdom though, dear God. One of the worst films I've seen in years. Right down there with the pacific rim sequel. It's such a shame because both started with promising first entries, then they just nosedived into flaming oblivion.
JW is okay, but it's bland and does nothing for me in terms of rewatchability. Fallen Kingsom had an okay concept but bungled it. The film became a haunted mansion TV movie devoid of the JP feeling.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think it is about time they remake Jurassic Park but this time with feathered dinos. Makes real good use of all the fancy modern cgi.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 20, 2018, 07:40:39 AM
I think it is about time they remake Jurassic Park but this time with feathered dinos. Makes real good use of all the fancy modern cgi.
Feathered dinos are weird and gross, and scientists are weird and gross for messing with dinosaurs and giving them weird and gross feathers after 'Jurassic Park' made dinosaurs look cool and awesome.  >:(

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 20, 2018, 07:40:39 AM
I think it is about time they remake Jurassic Park but this time with feathered dinos.

They did, it's called Chicken Run.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed