Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,672 times)

Xan21

Xan21

And a lot.of sucking up on that twitter...

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

So for those who play Evolution, not only are we getting a new update but new updates for the next 3 years! How many during the course of these years is the mystery. For now we got the following changes so far

Challenge Mode
This feature will put you on Isla Nublar with little starting money and starts by letting you choose the difficulty. There will be against mechanics, such as Hammond Foundation fees, contract cancellation penalties, and personal best completion times. There are also rewards, including achievements and new skins, for completing this mode.

More Sandbox Options
These settings can be accessed in the options menu at any time. The new options are meant to provide more freedom for players to play how they wish. The new options include:

Lifespan toggle and life extension,  dinosaurs now have life extended and the option of not dying from old age
Cash level toggle, so you can control how much is available to you
Various difficulty settings
Feeder Resupply toggle, to remove pesky ranger jobs
Power toggle, rendering the need and use of electricity obsolete

Highlighted Updates

There will be new lighting options for career islands that are unlocked once you reach 5 stars on each island
New contract types to add a few more challenges to the game
New viewing cameras such as view from Hotels, Viewing Platforms and Viewing Gallery
Korean and Italian language support
NEW DINOSAUR SIZES: T.rex and Ceratosaurus is scaled down to realistic size while Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus gets the epic realistic size boost everyone wanted
Weather fixes can now enable actual weather in Isla Nublar

I know there is a few more but this is what I got in mind but yes I can't wait for more!

ace3g

Xan21

Xan21

Who cares about his speed... or how many bloody slides and rolls that lunatic does in this movie. It all feels like an artificial comicbook movie.

Alien³

Alien³

Xan21

Xan21

Mwa everything is artificial... but it's more like a painting... which is nice too. There was some very good cgi in there must say. Too bad the movie itself stinks.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I thought the mix of effects on the Indoraptor was near flawless.

Xan21

Xan21

They used a lot of the Indoraptor animatronic head and arm on set.... so the lightening feels correct. Vast improvement compared to the last one. The script is so convoluted though... complete illogical events that don't make any sense and I never wanna see Pratt fly, duck, dive, hang, roll one more time. JP and TLW were very grounded action adventure movies that featured dinosaurs. Here they pose for the camera and roar like action heroes.

I think the movie would have benefited from more time on the island and less time at the Mansion.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 07, 2018, 08:31:10 PM
Mwa everything is artificial... but it's more like a painting... which is nice too. There was some very good cgi in there must say. Too bad the movie itself stinks.

I think it doesn't matter how good the current CG is, there must be some kind of uncanny valley that makes people hate it. That or the CG fatigue is a thing nowadays. I guess the key it's in the balance. :P

The Old One

The Old One

I believe something has been lost in translation.

Otherwise the CGI of King Kong 2005 and LOTR wouldn't be superior to Jurassic World- but somehow it is. This isn't always the case, Mad Max Fury Road and Prometheus both have incredible, seamless CGI.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Bad CGI? sure  :P

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 10:25:08 PM
I believe something has been lost in translation.

Otherwise the CGI of King Kong 2005 and LOTR wouldn't be superior to Jurassic World- but somehow it is.

Just to play devils advocate here. In defense of everything not a Peter Jackson film. Those first 2 are Peter Jackson films. They'll need and they'll have the best CGI, no matter what.

The Old One

The Old One

Didn't read my post Crazy Shrimp?

I cited Fury Road as a recent example of excellent CGI, the best CGI or special effects for that matter- is when it goes unnoticed.

Xan21

Xan21

The problem with cgi is that it's used for bloody anything these days... how much artificial lightening, surroundings etc does a movie need? It's gotten out of control.

And the cgi for king kong 2005 is amazingly bad... it looks like a cartoon

But jurassuck world has bigger problems, the acting is atrocious... shitty script. Insults its audience.

Alien³

Alien³

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed