Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,107 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nobody cares.

D88M

D88M

I saw Fallen Kingdom some days ago, is just as bad as Jurassic World but the direction was much more professional, trevorrow needs to quit script writing forever, thought.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: D88M on Aug 05, 2018, 02:17:21 AM
I saw Fallen Kingdom some days ago, is just as bad as Jurassic World

What aspects of the first film made it a bad experience for you?

Gate

Gate

SM

SM

Just watched Fallen Kingdom.  Great fun.  I dug JW and this was better.  Had a Lost World vibe to it, but had a more natural progression to the plot.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2018, 06:32:38 AM
Just watched Fallen Kingdom.  Great fun.  I dug JW and this was better.  Had a Lost World vibe to it, but had a more natural progression to the plot.

Don't know about that, you're right about it being Lost World, but the plot unravels pretty rapid as soon as they hit that mansion. JW flowed way better for me. The plot just works better on the island.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Fallen Kingdom's opening scene was legit. It felt like the first two movies. Even the island/volcano stuff was good. I liked the ship scenes too. Once they get to the mansion though I felt like everything fell apart. I wish they had just made the island rescue the movie with the volcano eruption being the climax. So much potential wasted. The film feels as if it's rushing through all the good stuff to get us to the bad stuff. I think this movie is as disappointing as Jurassic Park 3 but for entirely different reasons. That opening scene though. I felt like a kid again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I preferred the stuff in the Resident Evil mansion.

SM

SM

Spoiler
I thought the whole film would spend all its time on the island with the volcano as the ticking clock and was surprised when they left so early.  However it flowed much better into the stuff at the mansion than Lost World's right turn King Kong fan film in San Diego.  Plus Lost World lost two of the best characters in Nick and Roland once you get off the island.

Owen and Claire are really likeable, Millburn makes a good - if really obvious - baddie, there's lots of cool dinosaur stuff, the hunter baddie got some suitably nasty comeuppance.
[close]

It's just a really enjoyable flick.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 05, 2018, 11:51:22 PM
I preferred the stuff in the Resident Evil mansion.

I've heard numerous people say that. It kind of makes it fun having completely different takes on the content. I know some people would have preferred no island stuff and all mansion stuff. I think we would have gotten a better film had they focused on one or the other and just committed.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2018, 11:54:14 PM
Spoiler
I thought the whole film would spend all its time on the island with the volcano as the ticking clock and was surprised when they left so early.  However it flowed much better into the stuff at the mansion than Lost World's right turn King Kong fan film in San Diego.  Plus Lost World lost two of the best characters in Nick and Roland once you get off the island.

Owen and Claire are really likeable, Millburn makes a good - if really obvious - baddie, there's lots of cool dinosaur stuff, the hunter baddie got some suitably nasty comeuppance.
[close]

Glad you enjoyed it SM!

Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2018, 03:45:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6jp0Y8jpFI

Also its cool to see our work getting some love!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2018, 11:54:14 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Curious, why do you find Nick to be a good character?

SM

SM

He's just likeable.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The film was good and I still prefer it to TLW or JP3, both of which are dead to me. I don't know that I preferred it more to JW, but I did like the island sequence the most, if only because seeing Carnotaurus vs. Sinoceratops put a huge smile on my face. I did like the mansion sequence as well, just not as much as the island part. J.A. Bayona knows how to set a shot up and his knack for gothic horror was very much obvious there.

MudButt

MudButt

I just hope the script for the next one is better. It's the scripts that are holding these movies back. Trevorrow is still writing it but he's got a new partner at least.

If it wasn't for the charisma of Pratt or how much I enjoy his chemistry with Bryce Dallas Howard it would be hard to watch the movie. I really liked Zia and Franklin but the rest of the characters were forgettable and cartoonish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed