Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,116 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Highland on Jun 28, 2018, 08:47:24 AM
Yeah well that would need some explaining outside of moustache twirling badies offering (strangely low amounts?) Money for Dino weapons.

That's like at least another movie away, maybe two.
You know of all the things in the movie that can be considered unbelievable... the prices the dinos sold for was the most unbelievable part of them all.  :laugh:

Yea at least one movie away. Still they are pitching to us an army of hybridized T-Rex/Raptors. I mean it must be coming.

Spoiler
[close]

Highland

Highland

Yeah they were like "Twenty Meeelion dollers" sold!

and I'm thinking about football transfers and that's like a mid ranged crappy player....

Alien³

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Here is my review of Fallen Kingdom... one of my anticipated movies of the year, a massive fan of the original Jurassic Park movie and its sequel The Lost World... I also adored Jurassic World, I may be in the minority there but hey!

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 28, 2018, 02:19:38 AMSuspending your concept of reality is a necessary part of the experience. Some folks just want to see dinosaurs trampling through the streets of an overgrown apocalyptic New York. Simply because it's fun to think about and would be cool to see.

Yes. That describes schlock or B movie. Liking schlock is as personal taste as it can get.
I like some Godzilla movies. The stories are pretty much the same. The character roles are almost all the same.
But it's about the experience of monsters trampling down things while for a long time the enjoyable Godzilla films can't be taken seriously.

* Is "Fallen World" (FW} schlock good enough for me?
Well it has the actor Rafe Spall who was also in "Prometheus" and that was a moment of entertainment imo.
Technically "FW" has some nice camerawork and impressive set design.

Otherwise it's repetitive schlock which is a far leap from the more hard science fiction, original, "Jurassic Park" (which follows a lot of the novel).
In this linked review "FW" is compared with Sharknado.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-review-this-nonsense-has-gone-full-sharknado/

* The thing about low budget B level / SYFY channel schlock is that those films don't pretend to be serious. They know they are nonsense and don't pretend to be otherwise.
"FW" by contrast is trying to pull on the hearts of the audience.
It wants us to believe and to care mixed with nonsense.
So for me "FW" was not good drama or enjoyable schlock.

;)

Gate

Gate

The JWE thread is kind of dead, so I'll tease things I mess around with here as well.

One of the things I love about the game is that I can actually create themed exhibits. I built a Jurassic Safari, all featuring Jurassic Era Animals. Pictured: Mamenchisaurus, Dilophosaurus, Kentrosaurus. Remarkably, the four dilos behave themselves well!

Here's my Isla Nublar at Dusk ;)

I was forced to house a Suchomimus with four Velociraptors. I don't trust the little bastards, but they play mostly nice. I also, totally intentionally, put the Giganatosaurus paddock right next to Gallimimus Valley and T-Rex Kingdom.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Saw this movie while I was on vacation in Cancun (which by the way was awesome!) and hands down got me waiting for the third movie. Bruh I gotta talk about the Indoraptor for a bit, cuz this thing stole the spotlight at the last act.

I gotta love the fact that the Indoraptor is the first true dinosaur based mass murder ah-la Freddy Krueger and Chucky. While the Indominus Rex was a huge psychotic mass killer with a intelligent mind, it was a mentally ill creature that one can share some sympathies at least. Just events in real life animal behavior in captivity, without any positive contact/relations with another living being, small spaces, no simulation, and no type of activity can render a poor animal into a state of psychosis and violent behavior. Add to the fact that it's DNA is pumped with the most aggressive carnivores that one can stuff a DNA strand into and you got a deadly killer in your mist.  The Indoraptor is different. Its a pure first ever dino serial killer with a boner for sadism.

For one thing, when he made that first ever kill, the lead up itself was one of the second best introductions to a dinosaur I've ever had right behind Rexy's/Roberta's entrance into the big screen back in 1993. This guy was straight up having fun with its kills. He could have just killed Wheatly when he got close enough....but the f**ker toys with him at first by PRETENDING to be tranquilized and all the while he tries to nab a tooth, he flicks his tail to mess with him and SMILES about it. Like...this thing has Wheatly's death planned and is enjoying the future result of dismembering the bastard. Not only he smiles out of amusement at plotting something nasty, implies that he has a human-like understanding of facial expressions co-relating to feelings, the ability to imagine a future scenario, and be sadistically amused at said future scenario just denotes that this creature is far more human than you'd expect. Granted he deserved it for being a awful animal abuser but man he took his time to rip his arm off and roared at his face long enough for him to realize that it's over for him.  Lets also add to the fact that he could have killed Maisie right in the bed there but he slowly stalked over to her just to f**k with her. At least the dinosaurs before killed out of hunger, self-defense or territorial behavior. This fella just wanted to f**k with you long enough for him to savor it all. This motherf**ker is a goddamm vicious and murderous troll and I love it!

Let's also talk about the design. I'm digging the 4 legged look that breaks away from the usual theropod stance. Not only its long limbed, but neck is long, strong, and swift like a snake. It also adds to a huge creeper look, as it just stalks, runs, and outright sprint towards victims like a desperate madman. Can I also share with my fellow alien fans that he definitely gave a strong xenomorph vib via glistening white teeth against a jet black body, prone to letting out a low hiss to cornered prey, prowls with a low-profile, able to silently climb up and down walls, elongated profile, a genetic abomination with surprising intelligence to offset an extremely lethal nature. Especially gave off a gothic horror vib due to being in a castle/mansion in a dark and stormy night, with a pinch of werewolf as it howled in the moonlight. Cheesy one might say but nah man it just added to how mad this f**ker was and I'm glad they took it all the way, I could tell they had fun bringing this creature to life. Overall, Indoraptor is my second favorite dinosaur in the franchise by far.

That being said, now I wonder where is this all going to lead up. All the dinosaurs are on the loose with some captured by mobsters and evil cooperatists/rich folks which will exploit using dinosaur DNA and genetic cloning to their own means in a manner similar to nuclear weapons. Roberta is chillin with a lion up in the San Diego Zoo, which ironically the Bull Rex rampaged in the same city itself, and Blue is running the Grand Canyon. I don't see how people think its a Planet of the Apes scenario seeing its very few dinos out there but I can say for sure there will be problems. Plus its nothing a team of hunters with tranq guns can't handle either. Roberta and Blue perhaps are the only ones that can give folks a hard time as by scent alone they can avoid or track people. I have so many questions and I can't wait for the next movie. I just hope Dr. Malcolm and perhaps even Dr. Grant can come back as supporting characters for the third movie.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 01, 2018, 03:44:08 AM
Roberta and Blue perhaps are the only ones that can give folks a hard time as by scent alone they can avoid or track people. I have so many questions and I can't wait for the next movie. I just hope Dr. Malcolm and perhaps even Dr. Grant can come back as supporting characters for the third movie.

Bro, are you forgetting that a
Spoiler
Carnotaurus is just f**king loose in the middle of the Pacific Northwest? That's some scary shit!
[close]

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Gate on Jul 01, 2018, 05:34:51 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 01, 2018, 03:44:08 AM
Roberta and Blue perhaps are the only ones that can give folks a hard time as by scent alone they can avoid or track people. I have so many questions and I can't wait for the next movie. I just hope Dr. Malcolm and perhaps even Dr. Grant can come back as supporting characters for the third movie.

Bro, are you forgetting that a
Spoiler
Carnotaurus is just f**king loose in the middle of the Pacific Northwest? That's some scary shit!
[close]

He is a bit easier to handle tho as he is smaller....but he does have that thick skin scutes that could be a bitch for needles to penetrate through.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Jun 29, 2018, 08:01:07 PM
I also adored Jurassic World, I may be in the minority there but hey!

Jurassic World was a great movie. Aside from the annoying kids, I loved it. It's now my second favorite Jurassic movie. After the first, of course. Nothing beats the original.

Saw it about a week after it was released. I remember I hadn't checked the weather for the day me and a cousin went to see it in theaters. Drove straight into and through a hellish storm to get there, then the theater lost power at the scene where the kids find the old jeeps. I thought the theater was soundproof but god you could still hear the thunder. The audio was the first thing to come back on about a minute later, and it played without video for several minutes. The whole theater was black as pitch, and the sounds of the Indominous sniffing around with the thunder cracking was really wild.

Naginata

Naginata

I don't think it should be an apocalyptic situation, though; dinosaurs being 'back' and breeding in the wild doesn't have to end civilization to cause major harm. For me, it's much more interesting to imagine what the world looks like when human civilization has to learn to co-exist with wild dinosaurs and contend with JP's cloning/gengineering tech circulating.

In other words, the world doesn't end - it just gets much stranger.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Naginata on Jul 02, 2018, 04:11:30 AM
I don't think it should be an apocalyptic situation, though; dinosaurs being 'back' and breeding in the wild doesn't have to end civilization to cause major harm. For me, it's much more interesting to imagine what the world looks like when human civilization has to learn to co-exist with wild dinosaurs and contend with JP's cloning/gengineering tech circulating.

I'm assuming that JW didn't have a lysene contingency plan like the original park?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Gate on Jul 02, 2018, 05:32:02 AM
Quote from: Naginata on Jul 02, 2018, 04:11:30 AM

I'm assuming that JW didn't have a lysene contingency plan like the original park?

Well the Dinosaurs shook that off anyway.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I don't think it's going to be full Apocalypse in the next movie. We've still gotta have human-dino hybrids first. I don't think it's a secret where they are going next.

MudButt

MudButt

Trevorrow has said that they will be going away from Hybrids after Fallen Kingdom.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed