Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,429 times)

Immortan Jonesy

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jun 25, 2018, 04:49:25 PM
Is there a SINGLE total apocalypse scenario that COULD work and wouldn't be TOTALLY dumb?
Those few dinosaurs could kill dozens/hundreds maybe even thousands of people before taken down, but there are not enough for a real threat.
Even if you got modified & intelligent versions - the big ones are easy to spot...

Guess you would need a second element to keep the population busy not taking care of the dinosaurs, like the end of the world (sudden volcanic eruptions all over the planet or an epidemic like in Planet of the Apes).
The original dinosaurs are not the threat and will probably all be killed shortly after the break out. The real treat are the intelligent man made dinosaurs. Plus the volcanic idea already exists in that Isla Nublar is said to be in the process of exploding. Which would be enough to handicap humanity in this day and age. Take away all those neat satellites, infrared cameras etc plus also creating pandemics and massive food shortages. It would be very planet of the apes, if the dinos end up being as smart as the apes.

However all that aside, even the advance dinos can't eat a tank. Yet if they become as commonplace as a drone... yea that's more planet of the apes. Giant asteroid anyone? It is hard to think of a good way to go about it without reusing old concepts like viruses. A single bullet almost killed blue after all. Still what if the dinosaurs are bullet proof? Or have anti-electronic warfare elements? Yea a mix of Saturday morning cartoons and b rated horror.

hmmm

Maybe steal the egg idea from aliens and have the dino's multiple through facehuggers. I mean this is genetics movie we're talking about. Life always finds a way.  :laugh: x10

skhellter

skhellter

a MUCH better film than Jurassic World... Tightly directed, without any of the annoying character stuff (the kids) or
even the weirdly placed dinosaur mayhem that made that film feel very "cruel". (the assistant's death)

might be the best of the sequels, the more i think on it.
(It just doesnt have David Koepp's great dialogue. Let's bring him back.)

But there is no realistic sequel to this film in which americans dont become a firing squad that kills all the surviving dinosaurs.

American Gun Culture has probably never met a species that it didnt want to kill and display as a trophy.

Xan21

Xan21

I found most of the characters insufferable but yeah still kinda like this one better than the previous one... this feels a bit more rushed in the beginning but considering 35 minutes were cut I'll blame it on that... still think it wraps up way too 'nicely' villain wise... dino included.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 26, 2018, 11:25:45 AM
a MUCH better film than Jurassic World... Tightly directed, without any of the annoying character stuff (the kids) or
even the weirdly placed dinosaur mayhem that made that film feel very "cruel". (the assistant's death)

But there is no realistic sequel to this film in which americans dont become a firing squad that kills all the surviving dinosaurs.

American Gun Culture has probably never met a species that it didnt want to kill and display as a trophy.
You actually made a lot of good observations. The assistants death was undoubtedly cruel. However starting the next film off with Americans and their guns slaughtering the dinos and posing with their corpses could be a really great plot point. I'm thinking what if the intelligent dinos get a hold of that footage? Then again if Blue was to lead the dino revolution that would once again be way too planet of the apes.

However, if we are talking human sized dinos, who's to say they couldn't escape and hide out for some time. Reproducing and growing their numbers until the right time. The iRex was able to hide it's heat signature and camouflage itself. Plus they are smart enough to set traps for humans to spring. Humans are prone to overkill, which would likely lead to severe casualties on our side. Plus these dinos are being marketed as an army. Having more than a few sites with thousands of them could lead to all sort of logistical problems, least to the mention that humans that would want to help them.

Jacku

Jacku

The only way I see the sequel going was inspired by the dinosaurs that were successfully sold off to other countries. Companies will probably clone them and sell them and they'll probably become as common as some animals

Does anyone else feel the original JP films were made in a time before blockbusters stopped being held to same standard as normal films? Characters aren't characters anymore and they don't have conversations and if you told me the same person who directed JW:FK directed JW, every MCU film, every Transformer film, Terminator Genisys, Prometheus and A:C I'd believe you. I'm triggered lol.

Highland

Highland

I dont think it was as well structured as JW, but as a spectacle it's probably up there with all of the films as the best. Plenty of Dino action .

Jacku

Jacku

I was watching JP3 and although people seem to hate it I just could never rank a JW film higher. Too me a JP3 has scenes and moments of tension and feels like a dinosaur film like it's supposed too. You feel the characters trapped on the island, the raptors feel dangerous and real, the plane crash feels grounded, no big orange explosions. The whole opening has no on screen dinosaur but is still affecting.
Meanwhile JW:FK can't even make me believe the jungle wasn't CGI.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 26, 2018, 11:25:45 AM

I can do without the characters using a power outage as a tortured metaphor for not respecting the power of science. :laugh:

Gate

Gate

I made yet another mistake.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Jacku on Jun 26, 2018, 03:03:04 PM
Meanwhile JW:FK can't even make me believe the jungle wasn't CGI.
Most of the Jungle was actual jungle though... being that it was shot on location in a rain forest in Kaneohe and on the big island.

Quote from: Jacku on Jun 26, 2018, 02:43:59 PM
The only way I see the sequel going was inspired by the dinosaurs that were successfully sold off to other countries. Companies will probably clone them and sell them and they'll probably become as common as some animals

Does anyone else feel the original JP films were made in a time before blockbusters stopped being held to same standard as normal films? Characters aren't characters anymore and they don't have conversations and if you told me the same person who directed JW:FK directed JW, every MCU film, every Transformer film, Terminator Genisys, Prometheus and A:C I'd believe you. I'm triggered lol.
Yea but that's the exact plot of the original planet of the apes. I thought everybody wanted some a little bit different? Both MCU and Transformers have way too many character on screen, however they are clearly following the same structure throughout each iteration. Terminator Genisys was too on the nose to be liked. However you are correct that there isn't much communication any more and that's an important fact. It's what separates a movie from a spectacle.

I loved this movie for what it is but at the same time it seems to have just been exposition and possibly some blood letting to quell the wait until the next movie. It really does seem to be a stepping stone.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Gate on Jun 26, 2018, 09:48:16 PM

I made yet another mistake.

Let them fight.

irn

irn

So I've got a question about the opening sequence of Fallen Kingdom. After looking at the map above, how did the mosasaur escape into the sea?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eh, supplementary materials are always subject to change.

Gate

Gate

http://islanublar.jurassicworld.com/park-map/

Even on the site's map, it's landlocked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed