Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,981 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh gotcha, perhaps it's just a play on man repeating the same mistakes? However I think it was just a homage and hell maybe they did use the same computer model as was used in Jurassic Park 2? After watching a lot of these cgi movies you do start to notice the same models being used, just with different skins. It's the same with Disney traditionally animated films. All the scenes are preformed by human beings, filmed and then animators draw over the scene frame by frame to add a life like animation quality to the movie. Of course actors are very expensive and to do so for every movie was a cost that couldn't be justified. So they just reused the same human captured movement and drew over it for multiple movies. Gotta save money somewhere.

irn

irn

I'm really interested to see what they do in the sequel. It looks like it could veer wildly away from the rest of the series.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 24, 2018, 12:28:28 AM
Oh gotcha, perhaps it's just a play on man repeating the same mistakes? However I think it was just a homage and hell maybe they did use the same computer model as was used in Jurassic Park 2? After watching a lot of these cgi movies you do start to notice the same models being used, just with different skins. It's the same with Disney traditionally animated films. All the scenes are preformed by human beings, filmed and then animators draw over the scene frame by frame to add a life like animation quality to the movie. Of course actors are very expensive and to do so for every movie was a cost that couldn't be justified. So they just reused the same human captured movement and drew over it for multiple movies. Gotta save money somewhere.

There were quite obviously direct copys , I always wonder why they do it, like nobody's going to notice ( girl pulling little hatch down).

As for the direction it's tough, I think the best part of this movie was the park, the best part of two was the park. So going full city...dunno, you better have a good script.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think they're considering going full apocalypse but I doubt they have the support for it. Whelp, at least they have options.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Spoiler

This is by far my favorite ad for the film and what I wish there was more of with Bayona attached.

Plz lose Treverrow as writer and/or director.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 23, 2018, 11:16:27 AM
Of whom are the very people we are meant to be cheering for, the very people that will get all of us killed.

Have you checked out the Extinction Now! marketing campaign for Fallen Kingdom? You should read their twitter debates with the DPG. Seems people within the universe of Jurassic feel the same.

www.ExtinctionNow.com

https://twitter.com/Extinction_Now

Naginata

Naginata

^ The circa-1997 camcorder footage of the San Diego incident on their Twitter feed is AMAZING.

Jacku

Jacku

A very silly film. I was expecting a Marvel film and it was a Marvel film.

Spoiler
Why is everyone acting like keeping dinosaurs alive is a problem? It's not going to destroy mankind to let 20 dinosaurs roam around. I love JP but the argument that dinosaurs are dangerous is like saying Lions will eat you.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Regardless I want to see a world torn apart by the resurgence of dinosaur kind. Lets see some characters survive in the post dinosaur apocalypse.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Is there a SINGLE total apocalypse scenario that COULD work and wouldn't be TOTALLY dumb?
Those few dinosaurs could kill dozens/hundreds maybe even thousands of people before taken down, but there are not enough for a real threat.
Even if you got modified & intelligent versions - the big ones are easy to spot...

Guess you would need a second element to keep the population busy not taking care of the dinosaurs, like the end of the world (sudden volcanic eruptions all over the planet or an epidemic like in Planet of the Apes).

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jun 25, 2018, 04:49:25 PM
Is there a SINGLE total apocalypse scenario that COULD work and wouldn't be TOTALLY dumb?
Those few dinosaurs could kill dozens/hundreds maybe even thousands of people before taken down, but there are not enough for a real threat.
Even if you got modified & intelligent versions - the big ones are easy to spot...

Guess you would need a second element to keep the population busy not taking care of the dinosaurs, like the end of the world (sudden volcanic eruptions all over the planet or an epidemic like in Planet of the Apes).

The novels brush off the concept of the Dx virus, which several scripts have focused on. Dinosaurs coming to the mainland, spreading this prehistoric virus and wiping out entire populations.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/DX

Xan21

Xan21

The beloved dinosaurs, T rex and Blue will have the DX virus and they will have to kill them to eradicate the virus... that saves you a trip to the cinema in 2021... welcome!

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Jacku on Jun 25, 2018, 04:13:00 PM
A very silly film. I was expecting a Marvel film and it was a Marvel film.

Spoiler
Why is everyone acting like keeping dinosaurs alive is a problem? It's not going to destroy mankind to let 20 dinosaurs roam around. I love JP but the argument that dinosaurs are dangerous is like saying Lions will eat you.
[close]

Probably wouldn't be a fun trip to the beach knowing there's a Mososaur out there.

I guess on that a good idea for a movie could have been a team of hunters tasked with killing the Dinosaurs off. Then another team trying to save them. That way you could have stayed on the island the whole time then let them escape if you want to set up the apocalypse.

I'm ok with the JP movies though, I view them more like Die Hard or Madmax. It's not really a big epic story, it's just Dinos running around a park, constantly.

razeak

razeak

It was decent popcorn fun. I enjoyed all of the action and there were some genuinely tense and scary moments. I wish there was more character devrlopment. Zia and the generic IT guy were fun. The villains were campy fun. I though the autcion guy was awesome and Wu was very sleazy.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 25, 2018, 04:22:47 PM
Regardless I want to see a world torn apart by the resurgence of dinosaur kind. Lets see some characters survive in the post dinosaur apocalypse.

It would be too much like Planet of the Apes. Not that Dawn wasn't a good movie, but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to pull it off that doesn't seem silly. You'd have to have Wu being some kind of eco bad dude who thinks the dinosaurs are earth's proper inhabitants who were unfairly wiped out. Or somehow everybody gets emp'd and the dinosaurs just happen to take over the world after about 50 years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed