Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,144 times)

Xan21

Xan21

Dobby was the least bad of the villains... and parts of Wheatlys character were pretty amusing... it was WU an Mills that really didn't want an Oscar. JP had a fantastic natural cast... so I expected a bit better...

Spoiler
Of course she has... and Blue has parts of her ;-)... I think... when she opened her door with the coathanger I said: they can open doorsss.
In the behind the scenes when she scares Geraldine Chaplins character she is wearing a raptor tail... but they cut it in the movie... it's only evident for 2 frames or so
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 22, 2018, 09:11:27 PM
http://observer.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-movie-review-please-just-stop/

I'm not sure this guy actually watched the movie...
I noticed that about a lot of the reviews. I admit I never heard of the director J.A. Bayona before but a lot of these critics seem to have it out for him.

MudButt

MudButt

I haven't read many reviews where anyone had anything against JA Bayona. Most critics are fans of his previous films. I really enjoy his previous efforts. The Impossible is a fantastic movie.

That particular review felt like he knew he wasn't going to like it going into it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rex Reed has always been an ass. He also starred in Myra Breckenridge, known as one of the worst movies of all time.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 22, 2018, 09:26:01 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 22, 2018, 09:11:27 PM
http://observer.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-movie-review-please-just-stop/

I'm not sure this guy actually watched the movie...
I noticed that about a lot of the reviews. I admit I never heard of the director J.A. Bayona before but a lot of these critics seem to have it out for him.

I think a lot of people kind of wrote the film off beforehand - I know I did. Thankfully I made the trip anyway and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise, so hopefully that'll be a trend too.

Xan21

Xan21

I think people actually thought it would be great because of Bayona.. but Colin Trevorrows hands are all over this obviously.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 22, 2018, 07:10:58 PM
Spoiler
-The subplot with Maisie was really, really weird. The clone bomb got dropped so close to the end it really didn't hit as hard as it should have. It also raises a number of questions. If Hammond and Lockwood fell out over Maisie before Jurassic Park even opened, why is she still only roughly 12 over twice that amount of time later?
[close]

Spoiler
Hammond and Lockwood parted ways after Lockwood suggested the idea. Not that she was cloned decades ago.
[close]

Also...

Spoiler

Hope that clears it up. ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ah, I wouldn't have thought of the latter.

Gate

Gate

Absolutely blown away by the sequences in this film. I left the theater with tears, not even going to lie. I didn't feel the cringiness that other people felt, but perhaps it's coming from someone who likes writing characters--Zia and the nerdy guy were fun and hilarious, and neither were wasted. I can't compare it to The Lost World because they're two different films, but god if this isn't my new favorite next to the first one, then I'm crazy.

But let's get on the the meat and potatoes
Spoiler
That Brachiosaur scene on the dock was f**ked up. Nothing else to say, but it was hard to watch. Same for Blue getting shot.

I don't know how many people got this sudden dread upon seeing that final shot of Nublar destroyed by Saibo. That's the last time we're going to see Nublar, and that hit me hard in the middle of the movie. f**k, that was a tough sell.

And finally, you know where I'm going with this. I ugly sobbed over Claire's moment of truth with the red button. The gravity behind the decision, going into everything Malcolm has ever said, combined with that god damn musical cue. God, I couldn't help it. Literal goosbumps and a chill when I heard the first twenty seconds of this:

[close]

Alien³

Alien³

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 22, 2018, 09:31:25 PMThat particular review felt like he knew he wasn't going to like it going into it.
It does sound that way, but it's not just that. He's getting facts about the film wrong. It's not the most complicated movie in the world, but he's getting basic character and plot points wrong. How you can review a movie when you clearly weren't paying attention is beyond me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I have to mention, I had no idea Ted Levine was in this before I saw it. It was a pleasant surprise having him as one of the bad guys. And Peter Jason as the senator wasn't too shabby either.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

This movie was awesome but it's dark tone probably left a lot of people in the dumps. I mean the ending is outright depressive.
Spoiler
It's pretty much a complete loss for the good guys.
[close]

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 23, 2018, 02:43:36 AM
This movie was awesome but it's dark tone probably left a lot of people in the dumps. I mean the ending is outright depressive.
Spoiler
It's pretty much a complete loss for the good guys.
[close]
Spoiler
it's only a mansion full of dinosaurs, realistically the army could do the job. Unless the smaller ones find a way to reproduce on the mainland.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed