Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,227 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My podcast episode on the discarded JP4 script.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2018, 10:47:03 PM

Just about to listen.

That script was bonkers. Really glad they didn't make that movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 21, 2018, 10:51:03 PM

Just about to listen.

Honestly, I think it wasn't bonkers enough. If it went totally insane and had gun wielding dinos like everyone thinks it does, it would have been too ridiculous to hate.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2018, 10:52:35 PM

Just about to listen.

Honestly, I think it wasn't bonkers enough. If it went totally insane and had gun wielding dinos like everyone thinks it does, it would have been too ridiculous to hate.

It didn't feel like a Jurassic Park movie though. I kind of like the attack on the mainland, though I wish there were some actual casualties. I also enjoy once Nick is on the island and gets the DNA but once he gets to that castle it's definitely not a Jurassic Park movie anymore.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 21, 2018, 10:56:02 PM

Just about to listen.

It didn't feel like a Jurassic Park movie though. I kind of like the attack on the mainland, though I wish there were some actual casualties. I also enjoy once Nick is on the island and gets the DNA but once he gets to that castle it's definitely not a Jurassic Park movie anymore.

I hate everything to do with that f**king Barbasol can in the script. Not would the embryos be toast, but it keeps coming up for basically no reason. :laugh:

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2018, 11:00:09 PM

Just about to listen.

I hate everything to do with that f**king Barbasol can in the script. Not would the embryos be toast, but it keeps coming up for basically no reason. :laugh:

Fair enough, but yes, the villains bring it up constantly. The ending of the movie is out of a early 90's comedy too. That was laughable lol.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 21, 2018, 11:02:59 PM

Just about to listen.

Fair enough, but yes, the villains bring it up constantly. The ending of the movie is out of a early 90's comedy too. That was laughable lol.

Sherman and the pterosaurs? Yeah, that was shit. :laugh: Everything wraps up very, very quickly. The climax is basically five pages long, and is just a bunch of cars turning over.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2018, 11:05:56 PM

Just about to listen.

Sherman and the pterosaurs? Yeah, that was shit. :laugh: Everything wraps up very, very quickly. The climax is basically five pages long, and is just a bunch of cars turning over.

I love the constant in your face reminder of the armored ankylosaurus throughout the script. I was waiting for a little fairy to pop out and say "HEY GUYS, THIS IS A SET UP FOR A LATER SCENE"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 21, 2018, 11:08:04 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2018, 11:05:56 PM

Just about to listen.

I love the constant in your face reminder of the armored ankylosaurus throughout the script. I was waiting for a little fairy to pop out and say "HEY GUYS, THIS IS A SET UP FOR A LATER SCENE"

And even then he feels like an after thought. They don't even mention that he's being parachuted in for the attack on the compound. He just kind of shows up, knocks down a door, and then f**ks off. :laugh:

Xan21

Xan21

30 minutes cut from Jurassic world Fallen Kingdom deemed not important to be put on the bluray says Bayona... like the movie itself isnt dissapointing enough... now I actually don't have to buy it at all. Glad it all wraps up in 2021...

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-almost-featured-dilophoaurus-but-dont-expect-the-deleted-scenes-to-be-released/

MudButt

MudButt

Seeing this tonight. I'm hopeful.

Just wish they'd remove Trevorrow from this mix. However from what I've heard on how the movie is ending.. Trevorrow will have free reign to give us a completely different movie in the third one. So he'll have to get creative. Thankfully he has another screenwriter partnering up with him.

His directing isn't the issue in my opinion, he's just not a good writer.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Speaking of Trevorrow, remember how I was cutting him slack on Book of Henry since he dusted off a spec script? Well, I dug a little deeper, and it turned out the script was written as a black comedy, and Trevorrow decided to play it seriously instead. :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I loved this movie. It's full of stupid but man on man. Although I can see why it's not getting the greatest of ratings.

Spoiler
They went dark. For a PG-13 flick this movie is full of death, terror and the evil of man. The Fallen Kingdom is Man. I know it won't happen but if they go ahead and have Isla Nublar explode, man is going to be sent back to the dark ages. Billions dead and then there's nothing to stop the genetic dinosaur apocalypse from taking over. There is so much R-rated horror and the folly of man potential.
[close]

So much that they're going to need time travel to fix it all.  :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Seeing this tomorrow with the wifey, very mixed reviews.

Alien³

Alien³

The only review that matters is your own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed