Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,861 times)

Xan21

Xan21

Well Fallen Kingdom fits right in with JP3's cringy lines... and other stuff could easily be cut out to make it a bit better.

irn

irn

Just back from seeing Fallen Kingdom and I really enjoyed it. It was like a philosophical sequel to the original Jurassic Park in sense that it illustrates how "life will find a way" more than just more dinosaurs escaping from cages like the last three sequels. It pushes the message of how chaos stems from humans harassing the power of genetic creation.

There were some dumb scenes, and silly character actions, but overall I thought it worked well. One complaint is that there seemed to be less chemistry between Pratt and BDH's characters than there was in Jurassic World, oddly. The cinematography was a lot better than JW's but there was little use of the classic score. A lot of tasteful nods to the original. It was done right and fit with the theme.

I feel like this is the first JP sequel that actually moves the overall story forward rather than repeat it.

Xan21

Xan21

That's true with the san diego thing in the end it didn't stick... the overall story is completely fine wth me... I just don't like unrealistic approach taken with certain scenes and the marvel-ish way of introducing characters etc... it's a bit too comical and weird. for a Jurassic movie. The moments with Owen and young Blue were very touching and the girl did really emote... 

Gazz

Gazz

Xan21

Xan21

Volcano was always there... well in the book... and on a map of JW

skhellter

skhellter

Yeah it was always in the book
BUT

The film could have set it up or explained the decision making behind setting up the park on Nublar.

Just a few lines would be sufficient.

Gazz

Gazz

The thing is, they could have easily explained it away as a further example of John Hammonds short-sightedness and hubris, which is entirely in character. But by not providing even a few lines of acknowledgment to the fact the park had been built in the shadow of an active volcano (something which the films have wisely ignored to my memory) they allow it to stand out. It can't help but feel like a lazy and cheap plot device.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm just surprised it took this long for Jurassic Park to use a volcano. Most dinosaur movies get that in early. :laugh:

Xan21

Xan21

It was actually storyboarded in  late 1991 for the original JP

Do you guys think that

Spoiler
Maisie has some raptor genes and Blue some of hers? Her unlocking the door... climbing onto the roof, immediate attachment to Owen and the zooming in on her eye made me sure of it... but when the film didn't elaborate I started doubting.
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

Pretty sure there's reference to geothermal power in Jurassic World.

People have been developing on active volcanoes throughout history - usually because volcanic soil is very fertile, but now because it's a renewable energy source with modest land use.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 12, 2018, 10:25:19 PM
People have been developing on active volcanoes throughout history

Few theme parks, mind you.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Cities, towns, farms, power stations, travel networks, nature reserves.

Gazz

Gazz

Sure, and if anything they have provided many examples of how wrong it can go. Especially if you're building on a tiny island that can be eradicated during a single eruption.

MudButt

MudButt

And for the people who are upset about the fact that there has never been a volcano mentioned in these films..

Remember, Luke and Leia kissed a couple of times before we found out they were twins. Even the best of movie franchises don't have it all figured out right away  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 11:00:00 PM
And for the people who are upset about the fact that there has never been a volcano mentioned in these films..

Remember, Luke and Leia kissed a couple of times before we found out they were twins. Even the best of movie franchises don't have it all figured out right away  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed