Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,941 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Naginata on May 28, 2018, 01:56:54 AM
I'm excited for this movie, and like most of what I've seen thus far, but am I the only one who thinks the Indoraptor is dumb?
Concept wise or design wise?

Naginata

Naginata

The design is pretty boring, but even concept-wise it seems kinda dumb. The Indominus kinda-sorta made sense since the point was spectacle, but what possible military/defense purpose could an uncontrollable murder-machine with zero natural immunity to bullets serve? If it has the same abilities as the Indominus, then it's just a smaller, less visually appealing version of something we've already seen. If not, then... what? A raptor that's really smart and has thumbs? Isn't the JP Raptors' whole deal that they're smart and able to open doors?

Maybe the whole "hey kid, look at my spoooooooky Freddy Kruger hand!" bit from the trailer put me off, I dunno. I'm looking forward to Blue kicking its ass, if nothing else.

The Old One

The Old One

Everything in this series is dumb past the first entry.

I really don't understand the appeal of this series, the first was excellent but the concept isn't one that sticks around in my mind honestly. But hey, kids like the dinos! & That's my hot take.

I think I preferred the initial premise of Primeval, has more potential that Jurassic World. Without John Hammond's earnest optimism, or any sense of that naivety Jurassic Park has nothing but vapid CGI.

Naginata

Naginata

Now hold on. I'll grant you 3 and 4 were dumb as bricks, but TLW is my JAM, kung-fu gymnastics and all.  ;D

When I say "dumb" I mean "an unsatisfying idea by the standards of a silly dinosaur movie." Like, a poison-spitting dodo with bat wings would reach new plateaus of stupid, but at least it would be novel/unexpected. The Indoraptor just seems like a lame villain.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

If they made a dilphosaurus with bat wings, I would open my wallet right away! :laugh:

Naginata

Naginata

^ Vindication!

The JP Dilophosaur is already so inaccurate, bat wings wouldn't even be much of a stretch, LOL. Still love the buck-toothed little Newman-slayer, though.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Guess the dilphobat would be one his big brothers, he's not so bad. He might play fetch the stick ;)

Gate

Gate

JP Dilophosaur was obviously merged with Pit Viper or Cobra DNA. Terrible choice for a display dino, lol.

Naginata

Naginata

In retrospect, the "we're going past a venom-spitting monstrosity, do us a solid and roll up the windows" should have been the first indication that park security was perhaps not the best.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That and the lack of locking mechanisms on the vehicle doors.

Naginata

Naginata

And hiring a morally duplicitous jerk with money problems whom you don't pay enough. ... And running an entire theme park/zoo from a single room. ... And not having any paleontologists on-staff. ... And mixing the DNA with random animals. ... And electric jeeps...

Wow, JP really was a shitshow. I knew Malcolm was right, but man he was right.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"Man I hate being right all the time." ;D

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Naginata on May 28, 2018, 10:12:10 PM
And hiring a morally duplicitous jerk with money problems whom you don't pay enough. ... And running an entire theme park/zoo from a single room. ... And not having any paleontologists on-staff. ... And mixing the DNA with random animals. ... And electric jeeps...

Wow, JP really was a shitshow. I knew Malcolm was right, but man he was right.
We're gonna build the best park, truly it will be the greatest park in the whole world. And believe me when I say, it will be the best, because I know what I'm talking about here. No one will compete with our park.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I really hate that man.

Naginata

Naginata

^ Seconded, but let's not go comparing Hammond to Trump; at least the ethical trainwreck Hammond caused gave us dinosaurs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed