Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,215 times)

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
Lysine deficiency finally got them, maybe? From what I remember in the book the only reason it didn't kill them is they were free-roaming; the herbivores got it from the plants and the carnivores got it from the herbivores.
[close]

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 05, 2018, 06:20:45 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 04, 2018, 06:56:20 PM
https://twitter.com/DinoProtectGrp/status/981577398335496193

Tyrannosaur is looking gooood!

I can't help but wonder what will be Roberta's role in this movie? I mean if it fought the IndoRaptor, that would be a 2 minute fight tops. I can't count the scenes where she woke up and roared at a helicopter as not all scenes from a trailer make it into the movie.

And I saw that Site B vid, and the guy is right:

Spoiler
How can all the dinos in Site B be dead? Both the US and Costa Rican government had stamped it under official joint government protection as a natural game preserve backed with public support. How in the hell was this accomplished? And how did they manage to get a huge island full of dinosaurs back to Nublar with the entire population intact? They couldn't get all the dinosaurs in since then, especially if they repopulated so quickly. Unless the files they obtain was falsified by upper management for their own ends and Sorna has a strong dino population. Theories, ideas, and thoughts, I like this feeling of interest!
[close]

Honestly, please no more fights with Roberta. The fight scene in JW was cool but it looked too fake (the movements were too smooth and fluent for animals that size, whereas it looked more realistic in JP3). And it would feel a bit too much of a good thing. I hope she has a large role, but that's the fanboy in me talking. And please no more "saves" by her. In Jurassic Park she was a menace and an on screen terror, in good way. Let's keep it that way and not huggable please.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 05, 2018, 07:20:27 AMThe fight scene in JW was cool but it looked too fake (the movements were too smooth and fluent for animals that size, whereas it looked more realistic in JP3).

I hate JP III, but this is so true. The dino fight in that at least felt like animals brawling, instead of a silly monster movie fight.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The third film is not my fave either but the fight scenes were not that realistic, T-Rex's bite force was tremendous, the moment it bit the Spinosaurus on the neck, the sheer crushing force should have killed Spino, in fact some say it should have almost been decapitated by the bite. There is a lot of controversy around that scene so I won't speak too much about.

Alien³

Alien³

This sums it up very nicely...

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 05, 2018, 10:36:45 AM
The third film is not my fave either but the fight scenes were not that realistic, T-Rex's bite force was tremendous, the moment it bit the Spinosaurus on the neck, the sheer crushing force should have killed Spino, in fact some say it should have almost been decapitated by the bite. There is a lot of controversy around that scene so I won't speak too much about.

Why not speak out? I find it interesting.

My point was actually the motions of the animals (aside of how realistic their actions were), it looked far more realistic in JP3. The animals are massive and carry around allot of weight, which is well portrayed in JP3. Two collosal forces colliding.
Spoiler

[close]

In Jurassic World the movements are WAY WAY too fluent and smooth for animals that size, which gives it a total unrealistic feel. Animals that size can most definitly not move that fluently as if they don't carry any weight around. Kind of weird, it's a multi million dollar movie and there was nobody on their team who look at the scene and thought, this doesnt feel as bulky and massive as it should?
Spoiler

[close]

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Yes, I feel in World the animators over-animated them.

Alien³

Alien³

I didn't see a difference at all.

Over all JW's fight sequence was way more engaging for me.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 05, 2018, 08:31:59 PM
I didn't see a difference at all.

Over all JW's fight sequence was way more engaging for me.

The quick snappings of the T Rex alone are way too lightly and quick for an animal that size, let alone the quick movements or throwings.

Gate

Gate

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's not the point at hand

the animation in JP3 looks and feels weighty with a proper sense of mass. The things look like real animals of that size duking it out - unlike JW. The only part of that sequence that sort of breaks the illusion is when the spino breaks the t.rex's neck, which is a very articulate action for an animal to do; but the rest of the sequence is excellently animated

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 06, 2018, 01:15:39 PM
The quick snappings of the T Rex alone are way too lightly and quick for an animal that size

Which ones?

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 06, 2018, 10:10:28 PM
Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 06, 2018, 01:15:39 PM
The quick snappings of the T Rex alone are way too lightly and quick for an animal that size

Which ones?

The ones I posted in the second animated gif of the fight of the Rex vs Indominous.

After the camera pans back from Claire to the animals they try to bite eachothers necks, the movements of the heads against eachother when they try to bite and snapping of the jaws are way too fluent and fast for animals that size, along with most of the movements in general. This also goes for the throw of the Indominlous by the Rex. This almosf feels weightless and thus unrealistic and takes me out of the scene because it feels totally off.

It also makes me feel that it isnt the same Rex as JP1 which she should be, the Rex is also 20+ years old in the movie and moves more fluenlty then she did in JP1

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 05, 2018, 01:57:19 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4887776-i+rex+durability+(5).gif

I still don't see it, the speed of the bites looks fine to me. Plus thats a hideously jerky gif :laugh:

The Rex throwing the Indominus down is a tad light, but for me it's not an experience altering thing.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Im not basing my opinion on a jerky gif lol, its to show which scene I meant. But lets agree to disagree.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 06, 2018, 06:17:36 PM
That's not the point at hand

the animation in JP3 looks and feels weighty with a proper sense of mass. The things look like real animals of that size duking it out - unlike JW. The only part of that sequence that sort of breaks the illusion is when the spino breaks the t.rex's neck, which is a very articulate action for an animal to do; but the rest of the sequence is excellently animated

This is what I meant, in JP3 it felt massive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed