Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,197 times)

Xan21

Xan21

Looked quite atrocious... there were nice things but the trailer is edited in the lamest way. The half finished cgi of the stampede bugs me even more and the direction of it(film at lower anglessss!). That whole scene played out like a cartoon... apparantly the whole new cast is dino fodder so they don't feel a need to give them a little time to shine. No Dr Wu, Lockwood, Maisie. No Ted Levine, Rafe Spall, Toby Jones. I think the film deserves a better trailer... uber lame.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

They will probably be featured in the second one.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 08, 2017, 08:08:55 AM
Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 08, 2017, 07:55:29 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 08, 2017, 07:25:13 AM
I like Covenant for the most part. Its not without problems. No film is.

I loved Jurassic world. I think it is a very good movie. I would say its a quality movie. I like the meta touches in there.

I think this movie is going to entertain me.  I am excited for it.

I think there are many films out there that are perfect or let's say near perfect, Alien for one, it's  a world apart from Covenant.  That of course doesn't mean that the movie has to be perfect or even good to be entertaining, because the film industry would have collapsed completely if this were the case. Lucky for Hollywood, people are easily entertained, and often the shallower  content, the more easily it can be digested by the geneal audience who's attention span is decreasing by the day (not aimed at you).
I guess we both can agree that Jurassic World isn't on the same level as JP, right?

Absolutely.

JP is one of my top 5 movies. For me there is not much on its level.

I would say that Alien is as close to perfect, for me, as a film gets. ( Its my all time fav ).

Like you say. A film does not have to be perfect to be good. I think JW has much more about it than the average blockbuster. It ticked all the boxes for me.

Regarding this movie. It one trailer. Clearly it's not working for you but don't judge of 1 trailer. Give the film the chance that you want to give it without a negative bias and you may Be suprised. That's always my attitude.

Ok, at least we both love Alien and JP. But that wasn't really what i meant, the film doesn't even have to be good to have some entertainment value and then there are so films that are so bad they end up being sort of good. That said i guess JW is not too bad next to blockbuster of today and it mostly succeeded what it was set to do, to give the audience some mindless dino fun. It was entertaining for me but i still wouldn't call it a good movie, i'd give it a strong 5 or a weak 6. Jurassic Park was perhaps as much of a sci-fi movie as it was adventure. These sequels are all about over the top set pieces with zero sublety or regards to realism, of course there are room for these types of movies too but many of us need something more than cheap thrills. And i will see it, doubt there is something better dino related coming out soon.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 08, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
I'm really interested to see what Bayona's work will look like overall. He's a MUCH more talented director than Trevorrow, so that's a good point.

That is true, but it seems that it doesn't matter who directs the blockbusters these days, the result is mostly decided by the studio.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2017, 08:29:38 AM
I'm not massively versed in the genre of dinosaur films (JP is about it) but I like they're doing something a little different (for JP ASAIK) with the whole eruption angle. It's not just a retread in terms of the broad-story.

The way i see it, this scenario mainly enables the studio to bring forth a spectacle that is even larger in scale and over the top, something that's not really anything new (the stampede, T-Rex coming to the rescue...) and as we have witnessed from the this trailer, it's just end up being even more ridiculous cartoony cgifest rather than the excitment that has the real power to thrill. Volcano and dinosaurs, pretty awesome but whats next, tornados with dinosaurs in them.
The problem with these unconvincing enourmous set pieces are that they greatly reduce/cheapen the impact of each encounter when a dinosaur appears in the film. I think audience are developing fatigue from the overuse of cgi, none of that is actually impressive anymore, though people still watch it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 08, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
I'm really interested to see what Bayona's work will look like overall. He's a MUCH more talented director than Trevorrow, so that's a good point.

That is true, but it seems that it doesn't matter who directs the blockbusters these days, the result is mostly decided by the studio.

[/quote]

Unfortunately it is often like that indeed... But i'm still hoping some of his qualities will be felt in the movie, i don't know why but i want to believe !  :)

Gate

Gate

Why would you finally unveil a carnotaurus just to kill it off 10 seconds later? Does that not irk anybody else how this new director says he's all about 'suspense' and yet he's had this trailer practically kill any suspense we have. The characters fail to save the dinos. The Carno dies. Goldblum isn't coming to the island. Blue's an alpha male now. 

And then the entire ending scene of the trailer is a total revival of the caravan scene in TLW. That's about the only thing I don't have irks with. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing. However, what the hell was this trailer trying to purport? Is it trying to have us misidentify the real plot?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It's cool to see a Carnotaurus in a mainstream Hollywood movie again since Disney's Dinosaur.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

There were only a couple moments I thought were good in this trailer, but it was really poorly put together. Made it seem like a disaster movie when that is only a small sequence in the film. Whoever cut this trailer needs to be fired.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Why not move the Dinosaurs to Site B? Whatever happen to that?

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

I thought the trailer was great. Really looking forward to this as I enjoyed Jurassic World.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 08, 2017, 06:12:40 PM
Why not move the Dinosaurs to Site B? Whatever happen to that?

Who's to say that's not the plan or that the fate of site B won't be revealed? 

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

I watched the trailer and felt absolutely nothing. It feels even more underwhelming than Jurassic World. And the most anticlimactic introduction to the Carnotaur that the screenwriters could have come up with.

ace3g

PierreVW

PierreVW

Looks lame. But I'm still somewhat curious about this.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: ace3g on Dec 09, 2017, 03:57:55 AM
https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/939076156585922561

I did have a feeling that this was the case. I think we are going to get a horror style second half with Indoraptors chasing humans round a mansion lol.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

My inner child is extremely happy after watching that trailer. It's basically Jurassic Park 2: the Chaos continues and series 2 of the first movie's toy line (the Carnotaurus sastrei and Baryonyx were introduced in toy form in Series 2) in movie form. And that is extremely exciting!

I doubt that they're moving the assets to Sorna. The new Jurassic World game is set on Isla Matanceros IIRC. The developers were pretty mum on why the Site A facility wasn't set up on Isla Nublar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed